Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Heart Health

Old 07-06-2017, 04:07 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default 89 year old mom needs carotid artery surgery

I said no. 80 percent blockage and she is on the weak side, no way will I let them anethisize her and do this. Too much risk. I did agree to Plavix and a low dose statin, but only pravachol and the hospital sent a script for 20mg. I am seeing her GP Monday and asking for 10mg.

Also, I wills tart giving her pomegranate juice daily along with either apple or grapefruit pectin and I ordered bergamot capsules.

And help appreciated
Old 07-06-2017, 06:34 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

My father in law had over a 90% blockage that gave him a major stroke, paralyzed half of his body, couldn't speak and was bedridden. I agree it's too risky and not worth it to put her through any kind of surgery for it.

I don't have any advice as to what she can take naturally for help at this point, but if I come across anything useful I'll be sure to post it here. Good luck, wishing both of you well.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:21 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
My father in law had over a 90% blockage that gave him a major stroke, paralyzed half of his body, couldn't speak and was bedridden. I agree it's too risky and not worth it to put her through any kind of surgery for it.

I don't have any advice as to what she can take naturally for help at this point, but if I come across anything useful I'll be sure to post it here. Good luck, wishing both of you well.
I looked it up: pomegranate juice and bergamot extract help as does serrapeptase, but the serrapeptase capsules are too larger for her to swallow
Old 07-08-2017, 07:07 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
I looked it up: pomegranate juice and bergamot extract help as does serrapeptase, but the serrapeptase capsules are too larger for her to swallow
Nattokinase too. Nattokinase is the only known natural cure for thrombosis (blood clots). It is easier to administer than serrapeptase. In Japan, natto is a favorite breakfast. Fermented soy. Looks disgusting and slimy. But the nattokinase enzyme form comes as powder in capsules. Pull apart the capsule and mix it in coffee or other drink or on food. Just a small amount. 2,000FU.

Here's a caveat. In some super few people, like me, it can cause very bad headaches if taken frequently. It does not bother me, if I take it occasionally. The other caveat is that it should not be used if she is taking a blood thinning agent, as this will also thin the blood.

The problem with administering serrapeptase is that it must get to the small intestines to work properly. It's got to get by the stomach digestion. That's why an enteric coated capsule on an empty stomach will lots of water. I take this daily without any problem

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 10-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Reader

larryz has a spectacular aura aboutlarryz has a spectacular aura about

Any surgery by conventional quack doctors on a 90 year old is reckless, dangerous, greedy and criminal. You did right to refuse. In fact, keep her away from all conventional quack doctor pill pushers.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.