Old 05-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Observer

cntrydisney is on a distinguished road
Default Water Filtration

I'm not sure where to post this question, but my wife and I are looking for a solution to water filtration in our house. We've heard RO (reverse osmosis) is bad cause it removes all the the nutrients even the good, so we probably don't want that. Either a stand alone water filter or whole house filtration. Does any body have any recommendations? Thanks. Have a blessed day/night.

Snow & Anton
Old 05-11-2017, 07:00 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I don't have any experience with filtration systems, I've just used the PUR filters that attach to the faucet and found them to be adequate and inexpensive for me and my husband.

I have heard that RO systems remove minerals, but many of these are likely being consumed with our foods or supplements. Also, most bottled waters that so many people drink are RO water.

Here's a new counter-top system I just came across that you might want to review. http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/gam...trys-dominance
Old 05-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Observer

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:52 PM
Observer

It sounds ok, but it's still an RO system. At least it would keep us away from bottled water. Since they steal our water and in return make millions.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:58 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Hi - I once thought about a whole house system, but it was very costly and my then spouse didn't share my concern. Now that I am living in an apartment, I needed something I could take with me.

I purchased a counter top Berkey and de-chlorinating shower heads.

I have limited all - added to products -fluoride as much as possible.

Best of luck on your search !!
Old 08-21-2017, 03:23 AM
Observer

Monica001 is on a distinguished road

It is the RO system. Nice link!
Old 08-26-2017, 12:21 AM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about

Have you considered distillers? Waterwise.com has several. I've had one for years and like it.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:30 AM
Observer

Patricia13 is on a distinguished road

There are a lot of modern type of purifier in market. Please check in your area's shop, I hope you'll get best without RO.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I have had an RO filter since Fukushima. Tastes like mountain spring water out of the tap.

I made a post concerning minerals and filtered water. 99.999% of the minerals you get come from the foods you eat.

Here it is.........................
http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...HARDNESS+METER
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.