Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

Old 05-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Observer

Apples is on a distinguished road
Default 6 Herbs That May Positively Affect Your Brain Health

Try some medicinal herb power to boost your brain power! The following are 6 herbs with several claimed brain health benefits. Whether the claims are true or not, these are pretty safe herbal remedies to try out yourself (with caution of course).

1. Huperzia Serrata. Contains Huperzine A, which boosts a brain neurotransmitter called acetylcholine.

2. Bacopa Monnieri. This herb is a well-known adaptogen. Helps reduce stress and improves cognitive functions.

3. Mucuna Pruriens. One of the best natural sources of the amino acid L-dopa; a mood enhancer.

4. Periwinkle. Contains Vincamine, which improves circulation in the brain.

5. Ashwagandha. This Ayurvedic herb supports brain health, and helps with anxiety and depression.

6. Ginkgo Biloba. Boosts brain blood flow and may improve short-term memory.

Source: http://www.mhrc.cc/articles/wicked-brain-herbs.html
Old 05-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

I like Ashwaganda but I had a problem with Ginko Biloba. I was taking it daily and experienced dizziness until I stopped taking it. I guess my blood flow was fine.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:44 AM
Observer

Apples is on a distinguished road

Ginkgo is known to cause some mild side effects including headache and dizziness. I'd suggest keeping the daily dosage below 100mg (leaf extract), and if you still experience side effects then just drop it altogether! It's not that effective anyway.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.