Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Skin Health

Old 04-26-2017, 01:31 AM
Observer

Livia is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for natural beeswax for a moisturizing Vitamin E cream

Hello there.

I generally have an interest on home made stuff like natural deodorants and soaps. I've been making them myself for a little over 1 year now. I recently discovered some recipes for home-made creams an balms based on beeswax. Peculiarly one caught my attention. It is a moisturizing Vitamin E cream based on natural beeswax.

My question is where can I get good quality, natural beeswax? I already did some research online and checked out some websites classified adds, but I simply can't find the right thing. Can you recommend some trusted resources?

Oh, if anybody is interested, here is the recipe. You need the following things:

* 4 oz. sweet almond oil
* 1 oz. natural beeswax
* 2 oz. water
* 10 drops Vitamin E oil
* 10 drops lavender essential oil

Melt the oil and the wax in a double boiler. Then remove from heat, add water, and stir thoroughly. Afterwards just add the Vitamin E and essential oil and stir continuously until cool.
After you have added the essential oil and the cream is still warm enough to pour, carefully pour it into small jars or metal tins

This cream is very moisturizing and nice for rough, dry, or chapped complexions and should help promote healthy looking skin.

I would like to get started, but I just need some good natural beeswax. So any feedback is highly appreciated.

Livia.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:19 PM
Observer

Anybody has an idea and can help me?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:38 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I just Googled "natural beeswax for sale in the US" and came up with many results of companies that sell it for various uses. This is just one. https://www.ebeehoney.com/beeswax.html

I don't personally know any sources, never did anything with beeswax, but your lotion does sound nice.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:44 AM
Observer

Thanks, but the thing is I don't live in the US. I'm from Ireland.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Observer

I finally found a website shipping to Ireland as well. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Livia; 05-02-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.