Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Colds, Flu & Fever

Old 02-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Observer

Happynothelpless is on a distinguished road
Question Sore Throat From Strain/Yelling

Hi,

I work in the Aged Care industry, I also visit my fiance's grandparents regularly. Most of my clients are hard of hearing but either don't have hearing aids or don't want to use them. My fiance's grandparent's are the same. I'm finding my throat is constantly sore and raspy from having to raise my voice all the time and repeat what I say all the time.

Are there any home remedies or suggestions to help with this, It's really going to be a life long problem for me I think.

Thank you in advance
Old 02-24-2017, 10:32 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I used to train some people at work sometimes in a loud environment so I had the same issue. No hard remedy, but honey is soothing and beneficial to the throat, especially the more expensive Manuka.

Aloe vera is also soothing and healing to the throat, Lily of the Desert is my brand of choice, before bedtime is best. They say that people with damaged esophagus from acid reflux can develop cancer from the irritating acidity, but aloe vera can help sooth the tissues.

A good zinc lozenge to use is Organic Sambucus Elderberry, Vitamin C and Zinc, they taste good too, and can be found at most health food stores/markets.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Observer

Happynothelpless is on a distinguished road

Thank you, I'll give them a go. I'm willing to try anything at the moment :-)
Old 02-24-2017, 09:37 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

About the honey, I always buy raw unfiltered honey only either to use in tea or for health purposes. From what I understand, the cheap clover honey that's available everywhere is of very low quality and has no real therapeutic or health value.

Tags
hearing, sore throat, throat
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.