Old 07-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Observer

RaspberryNurse is on a distinguished road
Default Exercising While Ill

I've heard that exercising in the early stages of a cold or flu can bolster immunity so the illness isn't so severe but is that actually true or just a myth? I'm already pretty sick so I think I'm in the resting stage but I wonder if I would have been able to reduce the severity had I exercised when I first felt it coming on.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:41 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

It's been so long since I had a cold or flu RN, but I think that mild exercise or walking can be beneficial.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Observer

Thanks for responding! Yeah, I don't get sick often and when I do, it's typically pretty mild. This time it knocked me off my feet!
Old 07-19-2016, 01:09 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Hope you feel better soon. How are you treating your cold? I usually do mega-doses of Vit. C (ascorbic acid), B-50, Vitamin D3 and raw garlic cloves.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:44 AM
Observer

Thanks! When it was at its worst, I took a day off work and slept as much as possible. For tight throat, I was having lemon/mint Ricola lozenges. For nasal congestion, I was rubbing peppermint oil beneath my nose. Grapefruit seed extract 3 times a day. Green tea after lunch. I drink a tea in the evening everyday that includes schizandra but that's incidental. I eat an apple and a banana daily in addition to my other meals (typically any combination of rice, quinoa or rice-based pasta with boiled carrots, green beans, celery, and zucchini). I also put a lot of garlic powder on my food but that's also incidental.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Observer

Valeria is on a distinguished road

Garlic is a great idea! It's super healthy. And you can exercise to "sweat the flu away"
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.