Old 04-09-2016, 06:26 AM
Explorer

bulrush is on a distinguished road
Default Hello, I'm new here

Hello all,
I'm new here and I'm looking for a place to discuss alternative health, alternative medicine, and healthy lifestyles without having to deal with all the "pathological disbelievers". I hope I came to the right place.

I've been casually reading about the organic foods for years now but finally became serious about it when I had..."an event". I was fasting for 36 hours, and though I was hungry, I had never felt better. I had no malaise I normally had for 30+ years. My guess: I wasn't putting poisons in my body for that period. So I started a blog about poisons in our food and what I found out was things were much worse than I originally thought.

I have high blood pressure, asthma, allergies, skin problems in the winter, and low testosterone. 4 out of 5 are inflammatory problems for sure. The low T could be related to endocrine disrupting chemicals (I was exposed to DES in utero).

So here's how I'm changing my lifestyle:
  1. Remove at least 80% of sugar, changing most to stevia.
  2. Regular workouts (which I have been doing for 30 years).
  3. Only eat products with organic corn and soy, as those are the 2 worst veg in the US. 92% or corn grown in the US is GMO. (http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-product...in-the-us.aspx)
  4. Focus eating organic products.
  5. No plastic will touch my food ever. Just because a plastic is BPA free does not mean it's safe. There are many other phthalates which can be used in plastic which are just as bad. Using BPA free plastic is trading a known poison for an unknown poison.

I don't think all GMOs are bad, but the Roundup Ready plants and plants that create Bt CRY1A toxin are not good, and the studies are clear about this.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:46 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bulrush, welcome to the forum, nice to have you join us here!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Welcome Bulrush!

Don't forget healthy fats!

Personally, I said no to gmos along time ago and I don't miss them. I said goodbye to all soy and corn and canola and....
Old 06-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Bulrush
Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Reader

larryz has a spectacular aura aboutlarryz has a spectacular aura about

Bulrush you're on the right track. I cut out sugar a few years ago, even organic, and switched to stevia and bam! not only lost a lot of weight but feel a million times more energetic.