Old 04-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about
Default shingles 101

Shingles is a somewhat new disease it has been around but was rare now you here it more. This disease is the same as chickenpox this is the dormant chickenpox virus which you carry from the first time you were infected by the virus. This virus has been around for many years first recognised 1658. For many years when someone had chickenpox the neighbourhood would send over their children to be exposed so they would be immune to the disease. Children with immune system problem found it very bad and 1 in 60,000 died of this disease. The immunity of the parents that had the disease when they were younger was boosted because of the exposure. Science came out with vaccine to eradicate the disease this idea was great but one of the draw backs is the opportunity for your immune system to be boosted so now when your immune system does not recognise the virus that you have been carrying around from the first time you were exposed. Now when the chickenpox virus flairs up you have no defence and it is called shingles. The people who brought out the vaccine now have a vaccine for shingles which is the same vaccine for chickenpox but many times stronger.One vaccine to counter the effect of other vaccine.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Reader

Beach Man will become famous soon enoughBeach Man will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Shingles is a somewhat new disease it has been around but was rare now you here it more. This disease is the same as chickenpox this is the dormant chickenpox virus which you carry from the first time you were infected by the virus. This virus has been around for many years first recognised 1658. For many years when someone had chickenpox the neighbourhood would send over their children to be exposed so they would be immune to the disease. Children with immune system problem found it very bad and 1 in 60,000 died of this disease. The immunity of the parents that had the disease when they were younger was boosted because of the exposure. Science came out with vaccine to eradicate the disease this idea was great but one of the draw backs is the opportunity for your immune system to be boosted so now when your immune system does not recognise the virus that you have been carrying around from the first time you were exposed. Now when the chickenpox virus flairs up you have no defence and it is called shingles. The people who brought out the vaccine now have a vaccine for shingles which is the same vaccine for chickenpox but many times stronger.One vaccine to counter the effect of other vaccine.
Shingles is NOT "the same as chickenpox"!! Ask anyone who has had Shingles, and in particular any of those unfortunates who have suffered from its complication known as postherpetic neuralgia, which affects one in five Shingles patients. Although the two conditions (Shingles and Chickenpox) are related, they are significantly different. For those who are interested, an excellent article about that very subject, including the benefits of the Shingles vaccine as well as the identification of those who should NOT get the vaccine, read Shingles & Chickenpox: What's the Link? by Arthur Allen at:

http://www.webmd.com/vaccines/featur...les-chickenpox

http://www.webmd.com/vaccines/featur...ckenpox?page=2

http://www.webmd.com/vaccines/featur...ckenpox?page=3
Old 04-04-2016, 05:29 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Man View Post
Shingles is NOT "the same as chickenpox"!! Ask anyone who has had Shingles, and in particular any of those unfortunates who have suffered from its complication known as postherpetic neuralgia, which affects one in five Shingles patients. Although the two conditions (Shingles and Chickenpox) are related, they are significantly different. For those who are interested, an excellent article about that very subject, including the benefits of the Shingles vaccine as well as the identification of those who should NOT get the vaccine, read Shingles & Chickenpox: What's the Link? by Arthur Allen at:

Please read the links you posted because they agree with what I said.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:26 AM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

I wonder if Beach Man works for big pharma. They employ thousands of people to post in forums and put a positive spin on medications, but the shingles vaccine is so ineffective and so dangerous even the most conservative doctors are recommending against it.

http://www.drwhitaker.com/just-say-n...s-vaccination/
Old 04-04-2016, 07:29 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
I wonder if Beach Man works for big pharma. They employ thousands of people to post in forums and put a positive spin on medications, but the shingles vaccine is so ineffective and so dangerous even the most conservative doctors are recommending against it.

http://www.drwhitaker.com/just-say-n...s-vaccination/
I think the problem is more in the source of information. WebMD is a well known pharmaceutical shill. It is hard to find naturopathic information, which tends to deal with theories.

I only pray that I don't get shingles. The only childhood disease that I had was chickenpox. I mean really. No mumps, measles, hooping cough, etc. No removal of tonsils or appendix either. I think that with all the preventive alternative meds that I've taken over the years, I should not have any residual chickenpox microbes.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 04-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Reader

larryz has a spectacular aura aboutlarryz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Man View Post

I wholeheartedly recommend ignoring any reference coming from the scam artists at WebMD.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Enlightener

JFH and I need to find some child with chickenpox and go visit so we can get the natural booster for our immune system that has been going on for years and years. I also had chickenpox when I was young.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
JFH and I need to find some child with chickenpox and go visit so we can get the natural booster for our immune system that has been going on for years and years. I also had chickenpox when I was young.
Agreed!
Old 04-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Reader

Beach Man will become famous soon enoughBeach Man will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Please read the links you posted because they agree with what I said.
Doug,

I'm glad to see that you agree with the basic content of the article at the Links I provided. As I recognized that most of your Post was in agreement with the article, I used quotation marks to clearly identify that part of your Post which I felt needed clarification, particularly for those who are not familiar with Shingles. To be more precise, you stated in pertinent part:

"Shingles is a somewhat new disease... . This disease is the same as chickenpox... ."

That not only implies that there is little or no difference between the two medical conditions, but clearly states that they are" the same!"

You further emphasize that lack of difference between the two conditions when you later state:

"Now when the chickenpox virus flairs up you have no defence and it is called shingles."

As I stated, while the two conditions are related, Shingles is NOT "the same as chickenpox..." and the article is one of the better written ones available which describes the difference between the two as well as how they are related, and which addresses the painful complication of Shingles known as postherpetic neuralgia.

I have known two people in my life who have had Shingles, and both described it as painful. Nonetheless, I would not recommended the Shingles vaccine; nor would I discourage someone from getting it. That is a personal decision which should be made cautiously and with competent medical advice. As for myself, my personal choice is not to vaccinate any more than absolutely necessary, as I am already a walking vaccine receptacle as are all of my Vietnam veteran brothers and sisters!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.