Old 01-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Explorer

Firekin4 will become famous soon enough
Default Homemade Weight Gainer

I tried searching for homemade weight gainer and protein shakes, but they all include storebought protein powders with a bunch of added crap, and I prefer making things from scratch. Anyone have any all-natural recipes or alternatives to these protein powders? Maybe chickpea flour and some type of grain flour?
Old 01-29-2016, 05:34 AM
Explorer

Lola1988 is on a distinguished road

Peanuts , a lots of peanuts, milk, and cheese.
Cheers
Old 01-29-2016, 08:23 AM
Enlightener

D Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the rough

L-Glutamine is used to build muscle. It also builds up the mucosa in the gut which is what I take it for. Really works well for the latter.

Dan
Old 04-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Explorer

bulrush is on a distinguished road

But how do we know how much of each mineral we need for healthy bodies? The RDA is just the minimum to prevent disease, and there isn't an RDA for all minerals.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:07 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
But how do we know how much of each mineral we need for healthy bodies? The RDA is just the minimum to prevent disease, and there isn't an RDA for all minerals.
Agree. Some minerals are not eliminated very well and can cause toxicity. Iron and selenium are two. Zinc is very healthy, but more than 40mg per day can cause harm. How much is too much? Perhaps it is different for each individual, or perhaps it is different for each race/country.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 04-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Gelatin, brewers yeast, and eggs. When I was active in body building I downed a glassful of a half dozen raw eggs like in Rocky, although there can be concern of salmonella in raw eggs. Also remember the added protein will all turn to fat unless you are doing a full workout that day.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Observer

thunderseed is on a distinguished road

You need to eat some protein but mostly carbs. If you don't eat more carbs than protein, you will lose muscle mass and your body will go into ketosis.

The best way to gain weight is to just eat real food at normal meals. I'm a muscular athlete, and I gain muscle by lifting heavy weights only once a week or sometimes even once every two weeks, eating 3 large meals a day, sleeping well at night and by getting lots of rest on rest days. My preferred form of protein is meat, of course.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Observer

shakirajane is on a distinguished road

A lack of protein in your diet can lead to the loss of lean body mass, even if you're consuming excess calories. Here are some foods to consider
Boiled soybeans
Soy or whey protein powder
Peanuts or peanut butter
Steak or hamburger
Chicken
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.