Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

Old 11-08-2015, 12:58 AM
Observer

Minu is on a distinguished road
Default Shoulder pain / muscle "degeneration"

Hey all, want to see if there's any potential to herbals in this sense.

As a kid I was tobogganing down a hill and slammed into what I thought was a pile of snow. It was, hiding a huge piece of ice. I bashed my right shoulder pretty badly and due to high pain tolerance, after the initial shock wore off, really thought nothing off it. No hospital, etc.

However, over the years it's gotten better and worst as you go. According to numerous x-rays and scans there's no obvious damage - despite how it clicks, pinches a nerve in certain movements and even "semi-locks" is the only way to describe it at time.

According to the physiotherapist a friend talked me into - I have or had a considerable SLAP tear in the muscle. Years later and another physiotherapist [after gleefully gabbing their fingers into the joints, etc.] tells me that the muscle mass to the right shoulder - the issue - is a lot less than the left.

Despite being physically active for years - and doing weights - my right shoulder is always weaker than the left. Nothing changes it.

But I have heard that some herbals help with muscle regrowth / repair and am wondering if there's any suggestions for both while keeping down the pain level. It's not severe but it does ache in bad weather or if I am doing something for a long while.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2015, 04:14 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

50,000iu Cholecalciferol weekly for 2 months reduces knee pain
It's likely the same effect would occur for shoulder pain.
Check 25(OH)D after 2 months to see what the result of 50,000iu each week has achieved. Ideally levels between 125nmol/l and 200nmol/l (50-80ng/ml) will produce the greatest reduction in pain sensitivity so if you remain below 125nmol/l (50ng/ml) continue with the 50,000iu week.
50,000iu vitamin D3 weekly is equivalent to 7000iu daily. Generally people require 1000iu daily D3 for each 25lbs bodyweight. so you may want to adjust your daily intake according to you current weight. Up to 10,000iu daily is fine. Spreading the dose to daily rather than weekly dosing will provide additional benefits and more closely mimic what regular daily sun exposure would achieve.
Postal 25(OH)D testing is available in the UK from Betteryou Vitamin D testing service (they use an NHS Pathlab) and the Vitamin D council and Grassrootshealth use a similar postal test. Theranos in the US also offer affordable blood tests.
Many US doctors use D2 Ergocalciferol which is less effective, less safe, has more potential side effects and may cause amyloid to form plaques so don't use it, make sure your using CHOLECALCIFEROL Vitamin D3.
As we get older out ability to create vitamin D3 naturally declines so you have to continue to use vitamin D3 every day ad infinitum. checking regularly to ensure your daily dose is keeping 25(OH)D within the optimal range.
Once your level has stabilized testing annually should be sufficient.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:58 AM
Observer

Minu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Hutchinson View Post
50,000iu Cholecalciferol weekly for 2 months reduces knee pain
It's likely the same effect would occur for shoulder pain.
Check 25(OH)D after 2 months to see what the result of 50,000iu each week has achieved. Ideally levels between 125nmol/l and 200nmol/l (50-80ng/ml) will produce the greatest reduction in pain sensitivity so if you remain below 125nmol/l (50ng/ml) continue with the 50,000iu week.
50,000iu vitamin D3 weekly is equivalent to 7000iu daily. Generally people require 1000iu daily D3 for each 25lbs bodyweight. so you may want to adjust your daily intake according to you current weight. Up to 10,000iu daily is fine. Spreading the dose to daily rather than weekly dosing will provide additional benefits and more closely mimic what regular daily sun exposure would achieve.
Postal 25(OH)D testing is available in the UK from Betteryou Vitamin D testing service (they use an NHS Pathlab) and the Vitamin D council and Grassrootshealth use a similar postal test. Theranos in the US also offer affordable blood tests.
Many US doctors use D2 Ergocalciferol which is less effective, less safe, has more potential side effects and may cause amyloid to form plaques so don't use it, make sure your using CHOLECALCIFEROL Vitamin D3.
As we get older out ability to create vitamin D3 naturally declines so you have to continue to use vitamin D3 every day ad infinitum. checking regularly to ensure your daily dose is keeping 25(OH)D within the optimal range.
Once your level has stabilized testing annually should be sufficient.

I'm a student, I don't have the money to waste on an IV treatment.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:11 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minu View Post
I'm a student, I don't have the money to waste on an IV treatment.
Which is why I pointed out 50,000 weekly is equivalent to 7000iu daily.

In fact using D3 is more efficient because it is lasts longer and you get a higher response than you would with D2 ergocalciferol. It's also safer because ergocalciferol Vitamin D2, the form doctors may prescribe, is also know to cause amyloid to aggregate and form plaques it may take a long time to cause Alzheimer's but it's best not to initiate the process soi steer clear of IV vitamin D and use DAILY ORAL VITAMIN D3 supplements which are cheaper and safer and more effective.

There are plenty of online suppliers providing a years supply of 5000 iu Vitamin d3 for as little as $10

It is perfectly safe to double up and take 2 x 5000iu as 10,000iu is known to be safe and if you lay naked in the midday sun your skin would make 10,000-20,000iu of exactly the same form of vitamin D3 in just a relatively short time.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

If the shoulder pain is the same problem as other joint pain which are normally a degeneration of the cartilage than eat lots of pure gelatin to regrow the cartilage.
This was proven in a Harvard study.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:29 AM
Explorer

Lola1988 is on a distinguished road

The best solution is herbal healing brandy. Try it and you will see results in few days.
Cheers !
Old 02-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Guide

revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola1988 View Post
The best solution is herbal healing brandy. Try it and you will see results in few days.
Cheers !
I'll try this myself Lola as I am enduring a rough period of bone pain in my upper left arm, armpit and wrist - it also creeps into my fingers.

Thanks Lola :-)
Old 04-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Guide

revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

I have not yet started with D3 - but I will be very soon.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.