Old 08-01-2015, 08:25 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default WOW!

I went out with a friend to an outdoor bar restaurant today and she said a friend of hers would be there. We are both 54 and her friend hit me like a tons of brick: very beautiful lady. While we were talking she said she was 68 (I was guessing 50). I was totally floored and I asked her what she did to look so youthful and she said one thing: I walk 4 miles every morning
Old 08-02-2015, 06:33 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

That's a time consuming investment. But obviously works for this lady.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 08-02-2015, 09:14 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I think exercise and healthy living definitely helps with physical signs of aging, good genes help too.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:26 PM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Hitting the gym in 1/2 hr for stair machine and hopefully tomorrow, I can start long walks. Time consuming, but worth it
Old 08-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Observer

Nap is on a distinguished road

Exercising is very good for you but you have to make time for it, if you work everyday than its hard to find time to exercise.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:28 AM
Guide

Living Food will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Exercising is very good for you but you have to make time for it, if you work everyday than its hard to find time to exercise.
I think most people would be able to find the time for it if they really wanted to. Most people only work 8 hours a day, and granted people tend to have other obligations as well as work, but I think the bigger issue is that people who have a lot on their plate like to use that as an excuse for avoiding anything they don't want to do. "I know I should exercise, but wow, look at how busy I am! No way I can make time for that." "I sure should eat healthy, but the only thing I have time for is to grab some food at McDonalds because I'm so busy. Maybe when I retire I'll take care of my health." For people who truly do struggle to find any free time at all in their day, they can find time to squeeze in a little exercise at every spare moment during their day, even if it's just taking the stairs instead of the elevator and volunteering to do things at the office that will get them off their butts for a little while.

The other matter is that it comes down to people's preferences and making the right choice. You may say you have absolutely no free time, but that's because you go to work in the morning, then when you come home you sit down in front of the TV (or on the computer on social media, for some people) and waste a few hours before passing out in bed. I know a lady just like that. She thinks she has no free time and her life is very stressful and hectic lol, but actually she has a few hours of free time everyday, she just uses them very poorly. This ties into how many people will come home from work and be exhausted, either because they actually worked hard or (more likely) because they hate their job and got emotionally exhausted everyday because of that. Upon coming home after work, they may have plenty of time to exercise but they say they're too tired and don't have the energy. As in the above cases, it's an issue of willpower.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:52 AM
Guide

Living Food will become famous soon enough

As a side note, it's very sad that most people today seem to have very weak willpower and are largely driven by their impulses and desires. If you think about it, is that person himself truly living his life, or is his life dictated by his desires? If as soon as an impulse or desire pops up the person gives in to it, are they the ones in charge of their own life or are their desires controlling them? When people feel tired they'll collapse in front of the TV even if they have other things they should be doing. If someone feels like eating "comfort [junk] food" because they're stressed they will, even if it will end up ruining their health. Don't want to exercise or work hard? No problem, your mind can come up with an excuse to justify that, and people are happy to play along.

One of the things that shows this very obviously is the phenomenon of New Year's resolutions. Why is it that so many people decide to make a beneficial change in their lives, and don't stick with it? (One study said that only 8% of people achieve their New Year's goal). How can people slack off in their own life?! And why is it that people will wait until the new year, even if it's months away, before even deciding to make the commitment to change something that needs to change in their life? If there's something that is holding you back and that you need to change, how can it make sense that people wait months before even making a half-hearted "commitment" to fix it? Shouldn't it be addressed instantly? Considering the above, can we really say that people are in control of their own lives? People get so caught up in the stress of their daily lives that they use it as an excuse to never do anything to make their life better. I'd say that's extremely foolish, because if you don't do it, nobody else is going to do it for you.

Where's the willpower? Where's the discipline? Life is precious, but if you can't even take control of your own life you are wasting this extremely valuable gift. Every moment will never come again.

I'd like to go much deeper into this, but we're already off topic so I'll leave it at that
Old 08-19-2015, 02:30 AM
Observer

Nap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Food View Post
I think most people would be able to find the time for it if they really wanted to. Most people only work 8 hours a day, and granted people tend to have other obligations as well as work, but I think the bigger issue is that people who have a lot on their plate like to use that as an excuse for avoiding anything they don't want to do. "I know I should exercise, but wow, look at how busy I am! No way I can make time for that." "I sure should eat healthy, but the only thing I have time for is to grab some food at McDonalds because I'm so busy. Maybe when I retire I'll take care of my health." For people who truly do struggle to find any free time at all in their day, they can find time to squeeze in a little exercise at every spare moment during their day, even if it's just taking the stairs instead of the elevator and volunteering to do things at the office that will get them off their butts for a little while.

The other matter is that it comes down to people's preferences and making the right choice. You may say you have absolutely no free time, but that's because you go to work in the morning, then when you come home you sit down in front of the TV (or on the computer on social media, for some people) and waste a few hours before passing out in bed. I know a lady just like that. She thinks she has no free time and her life is very stressful and hectic lol, but actually she has a few hours of free time everyday, she just uses them very poorly. This ties into how many people will come home from work and be exhausted, either because they actually worked hard or (more likely) because they hate their job and got emotionally exhausted everyday because of that. Upon coming home after work, they may have plenty of time to exercise but they say they're too tired and don't have the energy. As in the above cases, it's an issue of willpower.
I can only exercise on the weekend. I get back to my home around 5:40 and than I relax to about 6:30 because I need downtime after work, I spend about an hour cooking and eating dinner. so its about 7:30 and friends want to hang out so I have to prepare.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:26 AM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

If you stepped in dog poop - would you say to yourself "I just don't have time to clean this up until the weekend" and let it go? Of course not. Everyone has 20 minutes on any given day to exercise, they are just really good at excuses not to.