Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 07-08-2015, 08:09 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Question Have Any Seniors Here Taken the Shingles Vaccine?

What are your thoughts on this, has anybody had a change of heart in getting this vaccine?
Old 07-08-2015, 01:25 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

For a while, this was being pushed hard in TV advertising. Any of my friends, that had an annual checkup, also said their MD recommended that they take the vaccine. Shingles is a scary disease, but this seems like drug hype to me.

I would not be afraid of the vaccine, but I keep it in the lowest part of my mind. Chicken pox is the only childhood disease that I ever had. I even did not have tonsillitis nor appendicitis.

I have taken so much alt med through the decades, that it is hard for me to imagine that I would ever be threatened by lingering virus such as this. You probably have too. So much garlic, iodine, MMS, colloidal silver, green tea, turmeric, and other anti-viral, antibacterial, anti-fungals. Even coconut oil. I'm probably leaving out a lot, but decades of the stuff should have wiped out most things.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched ó they must be felt with the heart." ó Helen Keller
Old 07-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Reader

larryz has a spectacular aura aboutlarryz has a spectacular aura about

Stupid scary hype meant to sell more vaccines.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:00 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I got the vaccine a couple of days ago, due to encouragement from my husband. So far no side effects. I'll definitely post if anything occurs that makes me sorry I got this vaccine. Thanks guys for your replies.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:56 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

The big pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline has come up with a brand new Shingles vaccine that the CDC is advising everyone to get, even if they already got the vaccine. For me, no thanks. More HERE.

"On the heels of Friday's Food and Drug Administration approval of Shingrix, a new vaccine from GlaxoSmithKline for the prevention of shingles, a federal committee of immunization experts voted Wednesday to recommend Shingrix for all Americans 50 and older.

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, which advises the CDC on vaccine usage, also recommended that adults who received Zostavax, a shingles vaccine made by Merck, be revaccinated with Shingrix.

Zostavax is a single-shot vaccine that is given once. Shingrix is also a one-time-only vaccine, yet two shots are given two months apart."
Old 10-26-2017, 11:01 PM
Reader

Audi will become famous soon enoughAudi will become famous soon enough

The shingles vaccine is being pushed hard here too on the other side of the world.

Is it a coincidence? I think not,the big pharma companies are at it again trying to scare people to take more vaccines/medications to boost their profits.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:16 AM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Never heard of anyone having issues with the Shingles vaccine, but the amount of personal stories I hear about the flu vaccines and some others is many
Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Remember when Glaxo was pushing Gardasil (HPV)? They successfully got many governors to mandate it. Rick Perry, Texas, mandated it for young preteen girls. Parents rebelled. No longer mandatory in Texas. I don't hear much about it anymore. Occasionally, a parent is scared into it. These pharmaceutical companies are powerful.

Last edited by jfh; 10-31-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about

I have no personal experience with shingles nor with the vaccine, BUT the wife of one of my neighbors had it a year or so ago and the husband (who is definitely not pro-vaccine) recommended I get it because of the absolutely dreadful misery she went through. I live in California which passed a mandatory vaccine law not too long ago. I have no kids so don't have to deal with the "no vaccine, no school" for the children, but I suspect it won't be too long before they have totally mandatory vaccines for everyone, hopefully not in my lifetime (I'm 69).
Old 10-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Observer

Louis Adams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
Never heard of anyone having issues with the Shingles vaccine, but the amount of personal stories I hear about the flu vaccines and some others is many
Neither do I
Old 10-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Enlightener

D Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the rough

Many vaccines are made in China. Not exactly the country known for its strict quality control.

I agree that there are so many ways to destroy a virus that I donít really see the point in a vaccine for this one. Especially since it is not life threatening.

My wife had shingles, I treated her for herpes zoster with my Rife machine. They were gone in a few days. No big deal.

Dan
Old 10-30-2017, 09:28 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

That's great Dan, how long did the treatment take until she was free of the shingles? Were they located on her face or neck?
Old 10-31-2017, 04:10 AM
Reader

Beach Man will become famous soon enoughBeach Man will become famous soon enough

If you don't care to take the vaccine you may want to keep in mind an extremely effective treatment for shingles I first read about several years ago; the over-the-counter heartburn drug, cimetidine, known as Tagamet. You can read all about it in this article from LifeExtension magazine which traces the history of its discovery to benefit those suffering from shingles, also known as herpes zoster (as well as herpes, also known as herpes simplex), and provides a detailed discussion about how Tagamet works and why it's been ignored by the medical establishment, and includes advice on exactly how to use it for that purpose. See the Conclusion for dosage recommendation:
http://www.lifeextensionvitamins.com/tatotrheands.html

Last edited by Beach Man; 10-31-2017 at 04:29 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 AM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about

Synchronicity in the universe? This morning's Health Impact News is about the new Shingrix vaccine for seniors! Here it is:

http://healthimpactnews.com/2017/dr-...ls-97-of-time/
Old 11-13-2017, 05:04 AM
Observer

jinni73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
The big pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline has come up with a brand new Shingles vaccine that the CDC is advising everyone to get, even if they already got the vaccine. For me, no thanks. More HERE.

"On the heels of Friday's Food and Drug Administration approval of Shingrix, a new vaccine from GlaxoSmithKline for the prevention of shingles, a federal committee of immunization experts voted Wednesday to recommend Shingrix for all Americans 50 and older.

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, which advises the CDC on vaccine usage, also recommended that adults who received Zostavax, a shingles vaccine made by Merck, be revaccinated with Shingrix.

Zostavax is a single-shot vaccine that is given once. Shingrix is also a one-time-only vaccine, yet two shots are given two months apart."
We need to start testing these vaccines on the directors and their families of all the organisations involved in giving us these so called vaccines

I would like to start with Fluoride on all politicians LOL lets see how quickly us putting nuclear waste into them lasts
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.