Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Observer

coonsanders is on a distinguished road
Default a salt problem..

hi
everytime I use salt I can never taste so I use a little more but still I cant taste it so I add a little more and I can finally taste it but its too much and I get heart palpataions and I get very nervous..is there something I can do
to help me? thanks...is pink Himalayan salt better than regular salt?is it safe?

coonsanders
Old 07-07-2015, 01:27 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Himalayan salt, the pink salt, is one of the same as sea salt. Sea salt has many minerals other than sodium, but sodium is the predominant mineral. It does taste different than normal salt. It is better for you too. That's because of the other minerals, especially potassium, help to balance the sodium in your body. Those minerals may help to keep your palpitations from occurring. I don't know why they are, nor do I understand why sodium makes you nervous. I think you would like the sea salt. Since the taste is different and possibly stronger, you may not have to use so much.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched ó they must be felt with the heart." ó Helen Keller
Old 07-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Since I switched to sea salt I am using less and I don't know if it is my imagination, but it seems to taste better too.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:32 AM
Reader

greif will become famous soon enoughgreif will become famous soon enough

I would guess your body is craving minerals if it is telling you to add more salt. I agree with removing white salt and going to sea/Himalayan salt. You should maybe think about adding a mineral supplement made from food since it is absorbed a lot better then minerals from rocks/earth
Old 04-13-2016, 05:51 AM
Explorer

bulrush is on a distinguished road

How about switching to potassium chloride, a salt substitute sold in stores? It's really cheap. And potassium ions replace sodium ions in the body somewhere to help lower blood pressure.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.