Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

� #1
Old 12-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Observer
RebeccaJean is on a distinguished road
Default Doctor has me on antibiotics, unsure what to do

First time visit with a Family Health practitioner, she tested me for Bacterial Vaginosis and it came back positive. She gave me antibiotics, and I was very hesitant to take them but I was becoming more and more in pain everyday and was (and still am) desperate for relief.
Needless to say after a couple days of getting the meds I finally started taking them, since then pain has mostly been a 6/10, but it's always constant. It still is uncomfortable to pee every time as well. Two days after I started taking the antibiotics I began taking a probiotic with L. acidolphilus, although I haven't been very careful about not eating them with food but I am now. Today is the 6th day on the antibiotic and after very little discharge throughout the week, quite a bit came out.
Tomorrow is the last day of my meds and if my symptoms aren't gone, I don't know what I am going to do. The doctor doesn't seem to be interested in my general health so much, she seemed too busy.

I am in so much pain all the time I don't socialize anymore or go out, I have restricted so much of my diet and have become bed-ridden because of all these possible deficiencies I might have that the doctor didn't seem to have the time to assess.
� #2
Old 12-21-2014, 10:31 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

I would take large doses of pure cranberry juice along with cranberry juice concentrate, that works effectively for urinary tract infection, and issues caused by vaginal yeast.

I recommend Knudsen's cranberry juice concentrate and the same brand of juice. Neither has sweeteners. A small glass of concentrate, followed by a large glass of the juice every few hours for several day will help.

I understand that probiotics should only be taken after the antibiotic treatment is over, taking them during is not effective.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...ce+concentrate
� #3
Old 12-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post

I understand that probiotics should only be taken after the antibiotic treatment is over, taking them during is not effective.

I have always been sure to eat yogurt when on antibiotics to prevent 'the trots'. Seems to work, at least for me.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #4
Old 01-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Explorer
jbaerbock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
I have always been sure to eat yogurt when on antibiotics to prevent 'the trots'. Seems to work, at least for me.
Yeah there are actually a lot of articles out there that say you should take probiotics during and then after. Some even say to start before hand.

I personally eat yogurt and take a probiotic supplement containing lots of bacterial variety and my gut has never been happier.
� #5
Old 04-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaerbock View Post
Yeah there are actually a lot of articles out there that say you should take probiotics during and then after. Some even say to start before hand.

I personally eat yogurt and take a probiotic supplement containing lots of bacterial variety and my gut has never been happier.

Unmodified potato starch is another good one.
� #6
Old 12-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Reader
larryz will become famous soon enough

"You too can be a Family Health Practitioner: Can You Say 'Antibiotic', or "Steroid'? If so, you're hired!!"

p.s. Good luck Rebecca. There are a plethora of alternatives to drugs for your condition.
� #7
Old 04-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Guide
Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

I am wondering about that doctor. Antibiotics INCREASE yeast infection, not decreases it. You may consider getting a second opinion.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...nfections.aspx

Tags
antibiotics, deficiency, dietary advice, pain relief
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.