Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Environmental

Old 03-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

People need to plan some sort of self preservation and not depend on the utilities.
I live on the North coast of the DR where there is very dry climate most of the year and when the utilities that only give water every other day for about half an hour. That is the normal when they have problems it can be a week without water and the people take barrels and go to the river. Myself I collect all the rain water and have enough for three families because when it does rain we can see 2-3-4 inches of rain in a very short time. If you are prepared it is not a hardship it is a way of life.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:50 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

But d0ug, there are 20 million people in Sao Paulo. Even if water were to be delivered, only the rich would be satisfied.

I don't know how you do it with such little water. I feel like I need a shower at least 3 days a week, and every day in the summer. I'm sure my friends are please with that.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 03-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

You might be surprised at just how much rain falls on your roof we have other people who are not even conected to the water system and only use rain water and have enough
Old 03-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Still waiting for the headline declaring they're out of water, now 90 days later.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 03-14-2016, 06:17 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I did not check to see if the prediction of "out of water" held, but I think they've had enough now. Hopefully, they can contain that water.

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/201...-paulo-brazil/
Old 04-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Explorer

bulrush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
almost no nation or government in the world seems to be able to limit water consumption of local populations to levels which are sustainable in the long term.
Let's translate it to what it really means: Almost no politician is willing to take the heat from an entitled population they've created.

I wonder if this area would benefit from the billboard that creates water.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.