Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Dentistry

Old 10-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Enlightener

truestorytotell is on a distinguished road
Default Infection, what to rub?

Hey everyone, here's what's up.

Recently I did some dental work, which wasn't that great. I had fillings falling out and stuff, my dentist wasn't even wearing gloves when working, it was pretty bad.

Anyway, I changed dentists now...

Last time I went to that other dentist to fix a tooth who's filling had fallen out, she gave me an injection (anesthetic), which felt really weird. Anyway, after it wore off it hurt real bad for 2 days, and then it calmed down, but it's been a week now and it still hurts. It hurts when I open my mouth wide, and when I touch my cheek in that area it's a bit swollen and it hurts pretty bad in that one spot.

So I'm thinking it's an infection, or maybe the needle ripped through some muscle or nerves or something, and that's why it hurts.

I was thinking I could rub something on that area on the cheek to help it heal, but what? Here are some things I have and could use:

Himalayan salt
Vitamin C
Baking Soda
Vodka (I'm not drinking it, it's just leftover from a few months ago lol)

The new dentist wanted to give me antibiotics straight away, even though she can't even be sure yet if it's an infection or not. I told her no way! So I've been taking more vitamin C and honey and things of that nature these days, garlic...

Tomorrow I'm getting an x-ray and then going back to the new dentist, and then hopefully I'll know exactly if I have an infection or not. She said that with the x-ray she'll be able to tell what it is. If that's even true, who knows, they lie so fu*#ing much...
Old 10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Clove oil may help with the pain.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Keep us posted. I'd like to know what really happened. My dentist 'teaches' me dentistry while he works, but I don't want to do an on line diagnosis.

Oh, make sure to up your vitamin D. Might want to supplement lysine too.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 10-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Enlightener

I'll keep you posted.

Truth is, I had the same filling fall out 3 times and another filling fall out once, then I changed the dentist...

And the thing is that I wasn't even properly eating on that side (the left side) yet, and the fillings fell out. Also, I wasn't eating anything remotely hard, so it must be low-quality work done by the previous dentist.

Now with the new dentist, she filled the tooth who's filling fell out once, and then she put a temporary filling on the tooth who's filling fell out three times, and we'll decide what to do with it after she checks the x-ray today.

Truth is, I don't know what to do

She said that filling it again is just a temporary patch/solution, and that it's gonna fall out again and again, and she suggested a crown.

But, in a money-based society we live in, I don't really know if she's bullshitting me or not, I cannot know... Like when I had the HPV and 3 different urologists all told me I HAVE TO circumcise, and then here I am, 4 years later, clean from HPV and uncircumcised. They lie, they lie so fucking much, but what do I do then? How do you fucking go on? I can't become a dentist, and even if I could, I can't operate on myself...

Anyway, the filling would cost me like $20, the crown would cost me $110.

And I don't know what to do... Any suggestions?

My thinking is to get it filled again for now, because I suspect the previous dentist was doing sloppy work... but I can't reach a decision. A crown would last for years, the new filling may fall out next week and I in that case I would end up paying the $20 for the filling and then also plus $110 for the crown. This sucks!

What they should do is get on with tooth regeneration, whatever, stem cells, human trials, I don't care, bring Mengele back if you have to, just get it done already! And then announce the cost, and I'll know how much I have to gather to have peace of mind..

Anyway, what do you guys think I should do? Get a filling and hope it lasts for a couple of months, or get a crown?

Oh, I'm also thinking of changing my diet to nothing but soft food (so no more brazilian nuts and pistaccios and things
Old 10-31-2014, 04:38 AM
Enlightener

Bad news. I'll write the details below!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:49 AM
Enlightener

Okay, first things first. I have an infection. It's affecting 3 left lower teeth.

The dentist was sure that in a few days the pain will be Insane, and it's going to swallow a lot, and I'll have to go and have the nerves removed, and we'll have to cure those teeth, and stuff like that... Her expert opinion is that it's gonna be bad.

I was amused, sort of. Having dealt with HPV and Herpes (haven't had an outbreak in 3 years now) and all the other stuff, my immune system is in a search and destroy mode, there is no fucking around! I haven't forgotten!

So I tell her it's gonna be fine, I'll deal with it. So she gets on her high horse saying that she's telling me from experience that it's gonna be very painful and swollen and stuff in a few days.

So I decide to open a door for her, and I told her in short my HPV story, and how I went to 4 different urologists and they all wanted to circumcise me and gave me NO ALTERNATIVE TO THAT WHATSOEVER.

And she goes like, "Yes, HPV is incurable."

And I got the sudden urge to kick her in the head a couple of times, but I didn't do that.

So then I told her I cured it, no doctors no nothing, my immune system cleared the virus, and the symptoms (warts) went away, it took me 2 years.

She was kinda speechless for a second there. I enjoyed that second.

So we ended it by her saying that I'll come back when my immune system weakens and/or the infection gets strong enough to gain the upper hand. And by me - being more realistic - saying that I'll probably come back when the infection clears, or maybe when she turns out to be right, but probably when the infection clears.

So basically I now have to get down to business, up my vitamin C dose, no smoking and no coffee (hence no sugar). I bought lemons, apples, I got garlic, all those things.

Just like HPV, strenghten the immune system internally, and also deal with the infection topically. Now, for topical I'm not sure if I should rub vitamin C or lemon juice or what on my cheek right there, then that will be absorbed by the skin and land right on the infection, and kill it, slowly but surely.

Anyway, I'll be happy to go back in a week with the infection cleared and have her come down from that high horse of hers... or I'll be unhappy to go in horrible pains and get major work done. But, I believe I'll be happy

So, I'd like some support from you guys now please. A kind word, you know, stuff like that...
Old 10-31-2014, 04:57 AM
Enlightener

Okay, this is it. This is what she showed me on my x-ray. Down at the "Nerve Tissue" in the picture where it says "Abscess."

According to her, I'm doomed, nothing I can do, we'll have to remove nerves and cure those teeth and all hell will break loose. Oh, she also told me that white fillings are known to cause necrosis and one other thing, so supposedly that will work against me and make the infection get more serious.

Edit: I forgot to mention, this first started a week ago, when a filling of a tooth fell out for the third time and I went to my old dentist to re-fill it. I got the injection, she filled it, and when I came home and the anesthetic wore off I was in Horrible Pain, for 2 days.

And I remember clearly that it was hurting and I couldn't even open my mouth without feeling pain. Now, 7 days later, I feel no pain on its own, and I feel no pain if I open my mouth. However, it is painful if I sort of pull my left cheek in a certain way with a facial expression, it's hard to explain it really, and it also hurts quite a lot when I touch my cheek in that area (lower left), I can clearly feel a small swallowing and it is quite painful when I touch/rub it.

And I asked the dentist, "How come it hurt like hell a week ago, and every day it's been hurting less and less?" I mean, if it was getting worse, wouldn't it be actually getting worse? She didn't really give me any answer on that...
Old 10-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Enlightener

Does anybody know if it's "smart" to massage that swollen area on the cheek?

Now, I'm not talking about applying something there, I don't really have to push much to apply anything at that spot.

I'm talking about just massaging the area. It does hurt a little bit, or a little bit more, depending on where exactly I massage in that small area and how hard I press.

Is that a smart thing to do, or should I not do that??
Old 10-31-2014, 08:57 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if it helps or not, but many times if I massage a bruise or something, it eases the pain. I hope your pain subsides, it's crazy that it lasted so long, IMO. It's sad that your dentist doesn't have more answers for you.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I don't know if it helps or not, but many times if I massage a bruise or something, it eases the pain. I hope your pain subsides, it's crazy that it lasted so long, IMO. It's sad that your dentist doesn't have more answers for you.
Thanks for the response man.

Yeah, I actually find the same thing with this. Well, at first it hurts more, but then a few minutes later it hurts less than it hurt to begin with.

I'm quite worried... I feel helpless here...

I read somewhere that an abscess isn't actually caused by any bacteria, it's one of two reasons, either bad hygiene and the body reacts, or too much recent stress on the tooth.

Well, the second would make sense because I had a lot of work done recently, and then a filling falls out, I go back, get another injection, have it refilled, then again, then again, then again, so it makes sense.

But that would make this dentist completely full of sh*t. She wanted to give me antibiotics...

Sometimes I get the urge to give up, go to the dentist and tell her to do whatever she wants... but then I think to myself, she'll do what she does, and at some point in the future I'll be in a better position money-wise and doctor-wise and life-wise, and I'll come to regret trusting in the dentist completely...

And it all comes down to money, if I had money I'd be leaving for Germany or Japan or the US or wherever right now, wherever the Best dentistry clinic is, the best dentist, whatever.

It's depressing, really, I'm highly demotivated...

Thanks for the comment kind2creatures. We've come a long way since I first came to this forum, but one thing remains consistent, that the doctors are... I can think of all the bad words to say...
Old 11-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Well. my diagnosis, which I believe to be wrong, was that the dentist destroyed a nerve while administering novocaine.

I've had one root canal before. Turned out the root was cracked so the tooth needed to be extracted. I believe I took amoxycilin for the infection, which had the pain clearing up within a day or two.

If I was trying to fight the infection without antibiotics, I would be using a waterpic with a dilute bleach solution and Lugol's iodine as topicals. Maybe also saltwater and/or vitamin C crystals dissolved in water.

Not sure why the dentist wants to take the nerve out. I would think preserving the nerve would be the first objective, which is why I would opt for the antibiotics.

My Doc most recently passed along this info on boosting the immune system.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
Well. my diagnosis, which I believe to be wrong, was that the dentist destroyed a nerve while administering novocaine.

I've had one root canal before. Turned out the root was cracked so the tooth needed to be extracted. I believe I took amoxycilin for the infection, which had the pain clearing up within a day or two.

If I was trying to fight the infection without antibiotics, I would be using a waterpic with a dilute bleach solution and Lugol's iodine as topicals. Maybe also saltwater and/or vitamin C crystals dissolved in water.

Not sure why the dentist wants to take the nerve out. I would think preserving the nerve would be the first objective, which is why I would opt for the antibiotics.

My Doc most recently passed along this info on boosting the immune system.
Actually I believe that that diagnosis is correct. The reason is, I know dental injections/anesthetics, I've been getting them all my life. Now this last one I got was really weird and painful, and then when I got home and the anesthetic wore off I was in tremendous pain for 2 days, I could barely sleep.

When you say destroyed, is there a change that it was damaged and that the body will repair it?

Thing is, it's been getting better every day since the problem began, I know it has because I was feeling pain at first even with just opening my mouth, and now I don't.

Thanks for the other info. I'm taking vitamin C, lemon water, tea with honey and lemon, I got some info on a website that fish oil helps, so I've been eating a lot of tunas and even rubbing some of the oil every time I open a can on my cheek where it hurts.

And I got a few varieties of tea (leaves, not bags) and every time I make myself a cup I wait a few minutes and then I take some of the leaves and rub that on my cheek, especially nettle. Reason is, the leave is warm so the pores will open when it's rubbed on the cheek and whatever's there will be absorbed deeper, and I mostly do it with nettle because from what I remember reading about it it has regenerative abilities.

I'm also eating honey, I have this special honey that I eat a spoon of it every morning. Garlic as well.

And then on the other hand, I don't drink alcohol, no drugs, I even gave up on coffee the other day, so that marks the end of coffee and also sugar, since for the past year I've only been using sugar with coffee, so that's now gone. And I'm also cutting down on smoking, I had like 8 cigarettes yesterday, comparing to 20-30+ I've been having previously. I don't use plastic at all for storing my food or eating cutlery, I don't use shampoo and anti-perspirants on my skin, I don't use perfume, I don't eat meat (except fish), I don't drink sodas (I never did), I don't eat junk food (chips, chocolates, etc), I don't eat fast food, in fact, I don't even eat out at all almost.

I mean, come on, my body has nothing to interfere with healing itself. I gotta be healthy because I haven't been sick for a long long long time. Even though I was smoking and drinking coffee like a madman, and getting no exercise.

Anyway, the temporary filling I had on that one tooth (it's a very white filling) has partially fallen off just now, and it's almost Sunday, so that means on Monday I gotta go and get something done. I'm thinking to get another temporary filling again (so that she doesn't give me an injection and stress that area again), and then wait it out for the infection to clear. Or I could man up and get a proper filling but without an injection, it will hurt, that's why I said "man up."
Old 11-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Frater Aegagrus

I know very little, but this much I know...................

If you destroy the nucleus of a nerve cell, it dies. If you only destroy part of the nerve, not the nucleus, it is very painful as it heals. Possibly this is the case with you. Me personally, I figure if an infection has started, unless something radical changes, it will continue. After all, it got started and caught some sort of advantage. Anyway, best of luck.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
I know very little, but this much I know...................

If you destroy the nucleus of a nerve cell, it dies. If you only destroy part of the nerve, not the nucleus, it is very painful as it heals. Possibly this is the case with you. Me personally, I figure if an infection has started, unless something radical changes, it will continue. After all, it got started and caught some sort of advantage. Anyway, best of luck.
Well, as far as I'm concerned that's what happened. A part of the nucleus was destroyed, and it was painful as it was healing, and it's getting less and less painful day by day.

I mean, if the nucleus of the nerve cell was destroyed, I'd be feeling more pain day by day and I'd be getting more and more swollen day by day. The same thing would happen with an infection; at least one that's winning.

Isn't that right?

The only other thought I have is that I get better and better (as I've been getting) and then wake up one morning and it's all swollen and painful and blue and requires major surgery or whatever...
Old 11-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
If you destroy the nucleus of a nerve cell, it dies. If you only destroy part of the nerve, not the nucleus, it is very painful as it heals.

As the nerve re-grows, it is 'signalling', hence the pain.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.