Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Skin Health

� #1
Old 08-19-2014, 05:48 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light
Question Dry Skin and Sudden Redness Around Eyelid Areas Top and Bottom

These past couple of weeks I've been having really dry skin on my upper and lower eyelids, also with redness underneath, that appears in various sections, then moves somewhere else.

I already suspected it may be a powdered eye shadow that I've used for years, but never had a reaction at all from it. I stopped using any, and the condition has not improved.

I've applied some coconut oil and vitamin E a few times, but it didn't really seem to help.

I do have Hay Fever, which acts up in August and September, and it causes itchy eyes. I do rub my eyes sometimes, but not like I did years ago. Even when I rubbed my eyes a lot, I did not experience any extreme dryness and redness like I have now.

I'm already taking fish oil, vitamin D3 and coconut oil daily, and that doesn't help.

Anyone ever have this? Any idea why it would come on so suddenly and stay for weeks? Thanks for any advice.
� #2
Old 10-11-2014, 08:53 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

Still have these issues with my eyelids, odd redness in areas, areas change, not always the same. I went with no makeup, and bought a vitamin E oil which hasn't helped. It's strange. I haven't been rubbing my eyes, although I have hay fever and they're sometimes itchy. All the years in the past, even when I rubbed them like crazy, this did not happen. It's something new, not sure what's causing it. Been around 3 months now.
� #3
Old 10-12-2014, 04:09 AM
Lecturer
liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

Seems a lot of women have this problem. Some suggestions here:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/31...in-on-eyelids/

https://www.empowher.com/community/as...ore-during-day

Last edited by liverock; 10-12-2014 at 06:30 AM.
� #4
Old 10-12-2014, 10:28 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Thanks Liverock.
� #5
Old 10-19-2014, 09:44 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

I don't think it's Blepharitis, as there's no burning or flaking at all, and I never had particularly oily eye lids.

I have continued using the vitamin E oil, and there's much improvement. At first I was using a vitamin E stick, which had other ingredients in it that seemed to aggravate it.

Now I take the pure vitamin E oil internally, and apply it to my eyelids at night. Finally, things are beginning to look and feel normal again.
� #6
Unread 05-05-2015, 08:38 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

This condition has come back now, even worse. Liverock, it does appear to be Blepharitis, but I'm trying to get it under control again without going to a doctor. From all I've read on the condition, the doctors are still scratching their heads on what causes it, and what cures it. Looks like it can be many things. I'm not willing to use steroids or antibiotics which they will likely give right away.

Anyway, been washing the eyelids twice a day with Johnson's Baby Shampoo as recommended by some sufferers. Since coconut oil and vitamin E both seem to sting the delicate and irritated/dry skin around the eyes, I've started using some Ghee, can't use too much of anything over the eyes, as it flows into the eye and blurs vision.

I threw out all my old eye makeup, and replaced it with natural makeup from the health store. But, I have not been able to use any makeup with the condition of my eyelids of late.

Funny that I never had a problem like this, and now in my 60s it suddenly crops up.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.