Old 07-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about
Default Heel Pain - any ideas?

A few weeks ago I started having bad pain in the sole of my foot, back by the heel. It's a deep pain, almost as if I'd stepped hard on a large piece of gravel, but I don't remember doing anything that would have caused this. It's worst when I first get up in the morning, gradually gets better during the day, some days nearly gone, other days worse again with no obvious pattern to it. I have fibromyalgia (which has improved with 4 years of chiropractic treatment) and painful neuropathy in my feet, but this heel pain is something new and doesn't seem to be affiliated with either of those conditions. Nothing is visible on the heel. A friend suggested maybe heel spur and that soaking in epsom salts. Haven't tried that, mostly because soaking in warm/hot water really sets off the burning neuropathy pain in my feet. I wear stretch fabric flat shoes with sheepskin insoles, which seem to be the only thing tolerable to the neuropathy and still difficult to walk any distance, especially on hot days. Any other ideas and/or help suggestions?
Old 07-16-2014, 05:14 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I've had bouts of Plantar Fasciitis mostly when I was still working and standing all day on cement floors. The pain was under my foot, kind of in the arch, near the heel or toe, couldn't tell. Magnesium Oil application morning and night helped a lot. BTW, Magnesium Malate (Source Naturals) helped my friend's Fibro.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Guide

Thank you. I may give the magnesium oil a try. I already take magnesium malate and can't see that it helped my fibro. The chiropractic treatment on my neck from falls from horses decades ago has helped enormously! Kaiser insisted it was all just psychosomatic!!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:59 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

This was my favorite brand, but a bit pricey. http://www.globallight.net/ProductIn...?productid=245 Now I'm using one I bought from Swanson Vitamins, still good.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Guide

Again, thank you. It sounds like a good product, but again, I'll be running into the problem of heat causing problems with the neuropathy in my feet. I can take a moderately warm shower and that's OK, so perhaps that level of warmth will work with the magnesium oil?
Old 07-16-2014, 09:30 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

I just put the oil straight onto the skin, no bath, shower or water involved. It may cause some itching on certain areas of the body, but I never had that feeling when putting it on my feet. Body lotion afterwards will relieve any itch if it's there.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I do stretches for my plantar fascitis. Conquered a stiff bout in my left foot, just now overcoming a light bout in my right foot.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 07-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Guide

I've been doing stretching exercises and the heel pain is definitely getting better. Thanks to all!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.