Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

Old 07-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Admin
Wiki Editor

Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about
Default How To Be Confident - Overcome Fear and Anxiety in Seconds

I really love this video, it's so helpful with very practical tips.

You will learn how to be calm and confident no matter what is going on around you.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:31 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Oh! Thanks for that. I needed this info. I bookmarked the page, because there are other relevant videos with which I want to spend time.

One such video is going to be very helpful, but too long for me to invest my time right now. "How To Stop Worrying and Start Living". Now that I'm retired, I really need to change my demeanor.

When I was programming computers, it was a blessing to worry about every little detail. Computers don't know how to "think" until they are taught. It is my nature to worry about everything, or invent worries where they don't or could never exist. Business computers use Aristotelian logic combined with various forms of Boolean logic. Aristotle = If, then, else. Boolean = or, and, not. See how worrying can be helpful? So, now I don't need this anymore, and it is a life burden.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 07-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

This may help too ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-about.html
Old 07-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Explorer

uniden is on a distinguished road

Is there a way to do this without becoming/being Bipolar? I have Bipolar Disorder, and I have found that sometimes I will get into a mood like, "Everything's great, everything's great...", when in fact everything is not great. This is definitely part of my illness. I'm not talking about when I am out in public and trying to be happy and functional no matter what. I am talking about when I am by myself and think to myself that everything is great, when in fact, everything is not great. I am taking antipsychotic medication, and this medication is exactly what is causing me to think that everything is great, when this is simply not the case. For example, it causes me to not be disciplined. An example of this would be not eating a 100% healthy diet of raw vegetables and fruits - including potatoes and avocados for macronutrient needs. There are more examples, but I will not go into them here. It's basically just being disciplined in general.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:57 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
Oh dear. Bad Gateway, Knight. Can't get to the page.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

A couple of scenes from the film comedy "Anger Management", with psychologist Jack Nocholson giving Adam Sandler and clients some de-stressing tips.

The word used here GOOSFRABA is used by Eskimo mothers to calm their babies.

Try saying it SLOWLY a dozen times and at the same time imagine all the stress being breathed out of your body as you speak the word. You'll feel better,as stress free as when you where in your Mother's arms all those years ago.

......and if your car breaks down on a bridge during rush hour, singing "I FEEL PRETTY" from West Side story will
do the trick (I think not ).

Old 07-05-2014, 02:37 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Oh dear. Bad Gateway, Knight. Can't get to the page.
Just tried it, Jim. Working fine ... Try again.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:53 AM
perpetual student

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
Just tried it, Jim. Working fine ... Try again.
Got it. It's a good one for married couples.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Lecturer

Or anyone. Special emphasis on the 7/11 breathing technique.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.