Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

� #1
Old 04-22-2014, 05:10 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Osteoporosis Myth to Create Disease to Sell Pharmaceutical Drugs

I agreed, by a doctors urging years ago, to undergo a bone scan for Osteoporosis. They told me that I had pre-Osteoporosis or Osteopenia, and insisted that I start taking high dose calcium supplements and return for another scan a few years later.

Well, I never went back for another scan, or increased my calcium supplementation. Instead I stopped supplementing with calcium, because I learned of calcium deposits in the arteries which led to stroke. My father in law had a major stroke and his main artery was 99% blocked with calcification.

I started taking vitamin D3 and Magnesium Citrate daily. Several days a week I started taking vitamin k2. Although I'm older, I'd rather have a broken bone than a major stroke. Also, I have no interest in taking the pharmaceutical prescription drugs that they are pushing on us, the ones with side effects worse than the disease itself.

Full article here: https://healthimpactnews.com/2014/arb...nto-a-disease/
Quote:

Osteoporosis Myth: The Dangers of High Bone Mineral Density

By Sayer Ji
GreenMedInfo.com

The present-day definitions of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis were arbitrarily conceived by the World Health Organization (WHO) in the early 90′s and then projected upon millions of women’s bodies seemingly in order to convince them they had a drug-treatable, though symptomless, disease.

Osteopenia (1992) and Osteoporosis (1994) were formally identified as skeletal diseases by the WHO as bone mineral densities (BMD) 1 and 2.5 standard deviations, respectively, below the peak bone mass of an average young adult Caucasian female, as measured by an x-ray device known as Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.

This technical definition, now used widely around the world as the gold standard, is disturbingly inept, and as we shall see, likely conceals an agenda that has nothing to do with the promotion of health.

Deviant Standards: Aging Transformed Into a Disease

A ‘standard deviation’ is simply a quantity calculated to indicate the extent of deviation for a group as a whole, i.e. within any natural population there will be folks with higher and lower biological values, e.g. height, weight, bone mineral density, cholesterol levels.

The choice of an average young adult female (approximately 30-year old) at peak bone mass in the human lifecycle as the new standard of normality for all women 30 or older, was, of course, not only completely arbitrary but also highly illogical. After all, why should a 80-year old’s bones be defined as “abnormal” if they are less dense than a 30-year old’s?

Within the WHO’s new BMD definitions the aging process is redefined as a disease, and these definitions targeted women, much in the same way that menopause was once redefined as a “disease” that needed to be treated with synthetic hormone replacement (HRT) therapies; that is, before the whole house of cards collapsed with the realization that by “treating” menopause as a disease the medical establishment was causing far more harm than good, e.g. heart disease, stroke and cancer.

As if to fill the void left by the HRT debacle and the disillusionment of millions of women, the WHO’s new definitions resulted in the diagnosis, and subsequent labeling, of millions of healthy middle-aged and older women with what they were now being made to believe was another “health condition,” serious enough to justify the use of expensive and extremely dangerous bone drugs (and equally dangerous mega-doses of elemental calcium) in the pursuit of increasing bone density by any means necessary.

One thing that cannot be debated, as it is now a matter of history, is that this sudden transformation of healthy women, who suffered no symptoms of “low bone mineral density,” into an at-risk, treatment-appropriate group, served to generate billions of dollars of revenue for DXA device manufacturers, doctor visits, and drug prescriptions around the world.
� #2
Old 04-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Observer
davids111 is on a distinguished road
Default Osteoporosis Myth to Create Disease to Sell Pharmaceutical Drugs

K2C,

I just wanted to thank you for the informative post. I intend to pass it onto my much-better-half.

Best regards,

David
� #3
Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

You're welcome David.

Tags
arteries, bones, calcium, osteopenia, osteoporosis, strokes
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.