#1  
Old 03-10-2014, 12:51 PM
d0ug d0ug is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 691
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about
Default Why diets fail

I have watched people for years going on diets and losing weight even myself and in time failing. Even with exercise all these experts trying to help people have failed. Why because they missed one thing we have craving, munches, and erg to eat to fulfill that bodies needs. You can for a while fight the erg not to eat and you might be successful but in time you will fail. The body has intelligence and when it needs something it will force you to get it. When you become mineral deficient your body will do anything to get what it needs to survive. There is 60 essential minerals needed by the body and if they are not there you will have an erg to eat. The soils in the US have been deficient in minerals for many years in 1934 the agriculture department sent a notice to the government telling them that the soils where mineral deficient. The farmers still only use three minerals to grow crops and the other 57 are still missing. Things like chromium in 1948 the blood had 28 -1000 u/l and now it is less that 0.13 This is the mineral when deficient causes type two diabetes. Has type two diabetes increased? Selenium deficiencies had been the causes of cancer and heart attacks. Is there more cancer and heart attacks now?
We have been following what the doctors have been saying eat less exercise more for years and the obesity rate is gong up. These same doctors only make money when you are sick and are useless to them when you are well.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2014, 10:18 AM
d0ug d0ug is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 691
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie0001 View Post
Most diet plans do fail because
- people can't follow the diet properly
- leaves diet food after few days

And diet plans are not just good enough to cope with weight loss issues, it needs more works to be tuned like proper exercise & often medicine for always-hungry stomach.
This what the medical system has been saying for years as people became more obese. how is that working??
The whole idea of eating less and exercising has failed badly. If your are missing a few minerals from your body you will weight 800 lbs and can not stop eating. Part of the problem is a gluten intolerance which prevents you from absorbing the minerals you need.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Ajax's Avatar
Ajax Ajax is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 395
Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about
Default

Diets have been proven to have only temporary weight loss, and then gain back even more weight than lost. Proper nutrition and exercise is the only way to obtain and maintain a healthy weight.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Solstice Goat's Avatar
Solstice Goat Solstice Goat is offline
Frater Aegagrus
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,062
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Diets have been proven to have only temporary weight loss, and then gain back even more weight than lost. Proper nutrition and exercise is the only way to obtain and maintain a healthy weight.
Yes, starvation diets don't work. One must choose a proper nutrition guide that fits their lifestyle.
__________________
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2014, 07:24 PM
pinballdoctor's Avatar
pinballdoctor pinballdoctor is offline
Lecturer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 1,919
pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough
Default

Doug, you hit the nail on the head... the only diet that will work is one in which you get all 90 nutrients. Once your body is getting what it needs, the cravings stop because it is the deficiency that causes the cravings.

Ever see a horse chewing on the stable door? Its called cribbing, and stops once the animal is supplemented with all the nutrients that it needs.

The same happens with humans, only its with pasta, chips, cookies, etc..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 AM
racheyq racheyq is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
racheyq is on a distinguished road
Default

Healthy eating and exercise are the way to go. People used to exercise more(just by doing more physical jobs and not owning cars) and eat less processed food.
Now, every 'diet' food is filled with unnatural supplements. Going back to natural food and treating yourself to some junk every so often in addition to exercise is effective.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2015, 11:55 AM
d0ug d0ug is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 691
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racheyq View Post
Healthy eating and exercise are the way to go. People used to exercise more(just by doing more physical jobs and not owning cars) and eat less processed food.
Now, every 'diet' food is filled with unnatural supplements. Going back to natural food and treating yourself to some junk every so often in addition to exercise is effective.
This makes me laugh because this is what the system has been saying to everyone. The facts are obesity is going up doing just what you said. Ask an obese person and they will repeat just what you said. Your right Auschwitz did not have over weight people but that was not by choice. People are driven to eat by hunger and what causes hunger is the body is looking for something usually minerals.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2015, 10:11 PM
racheyq racheyq is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
racheyq is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
This makes me laugh because this is what the system has been saying to everyone. The facts are obesity is going up doing just what you said. Ask an obese person and they will repeat just what you said. Your right Auschwitz did not have over weight people but that was not by choice. People are driven to eat by hunger and what causes hunger is the body is looking for something usually minerals.
I don't know any overweight people who eat healthy AND exercise. People in auschwitz were emaciated and starving. What's your point?
Eating healthy means that you eat healthy, nutrient filled food. starving yourself will just make you sick.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-02-2015, 03:56 AM
d0ug d0ug is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 691
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about
Default

If eating healthy is getting all the minerals you need I agree with you but eating less is not the answer if the minerals are not there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-02-2015, 04:17 AM
racheyq racheyq is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
racheyq is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
If eating healthy is getting all the minerals you need I agree with you but eating less is not the answer if the minerals are not there.
Then I guess we agree, that was what I was trying to say
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-14-2015, 06:25 AM
Lao Shun Lao Shun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: long island, new york
Posts: 1
Lao Shun is on a distinguished road
Default

I think diets fail because their results are from only temporary changes in lifestyle. In order to make any lifelong changes in dietary or exercise regimin, the change has to be incorporated into daily lifestyle, or the person will revert to their old ways quickly.

It takes months to form new habits, and that is why the best diet and exercise regimin is the one you can do day in and day out. Nobody is supposed to be obese or sedentary, that is why I recommend low carb lifestyle and walking to my friends, relatives, and clients as the way to lifelong health.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-14-2015, 05:24 PM
d0ug d0ug is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 691
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about
Default

Diets fail because of a mineral deficiency. When you are deficient in certain minerals it will cause an erg [munches] to eat until it gets those minerals and if they are not only eaten but absorbed you will not be able to quit eating.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-28-2016, 07:10 AM
Sam_Heather Sam_Heather is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 4
Sam_Heather is on a distinguished road
Default

The answer is simple. Diet doesn't work because we are usually thinking what we are going to eat when the regimen is over we cannot succeed on our diet when all we are thinking about is food. Depriving ourselves for the foods that we love to eat is not the answer to achieve the healthy body that we want.

Also diets are temporary so it gives us temporary results. I think if we want permanent results then we should do permanent measures. We should strive to find an answer that would make sense to us and should be reasonable. We should strive to learn how to properly take care of our body. Nobody will do it for you, except yourself.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Half of Florida high school students fail reading test Mad Scientest Chitchat 1 05-20-2012 07:41 AM
The Yin and Yang of Asian Diets kind2creatures Nutrition 8 02-11-2012 07:11 PM
Acupuncture When Conventional Treatments Fail kind2creatures Pet Health 2 10-10-2011 09:02 AM
The Battle of the Diets Harry Hirsute Exercise & Dieting 2 02-15-2009 11:23 PM
Why Antibiotics and Antivirals Fail part 1 Arrowwind09 General Discussions 2 03-17-2008 08:37 AM