Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Health Insurance

Old 11-21-2013, 10:24 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

We have relatives in Finland that are quite pleased with their health care system, and I've heard good stories from those in Canada also. The single incidents of someone having to wait for certain operations, etc. are usually exaggerated by those against universal health care.

I think that something had to be done in the US, and I didn't see anyone else in power offering any other solutions, they do best to criticize and play Monday morning quarterback. The 'right' was determined from the getgo to throw a wrench in the works of everything this president did. I think it's childish. There's still sour grapes that he won the election...maybe if they could have dug somebody up to run against him, other than Romney, that may not have been the case.

I'm definitely against any type of gun control whatsoever, but a fix for health care seems reasonable and necessary. Like I said, I'm registered as an independent, and will vote for the lesser of the two evils in the elections, and I'm usually not happy with the choices presented. I won't throw away my vote on any third party candidate that has no chance of winning.

Even those who are crying about Obamacare need to remember that the health care providers can no longer cancel your policy for no reason, that there are no pre-existing conditions to hinder coverage, that there is no annual limit or lifetime limit for those with serious medical conditions, etc.

Obamacare is law, Barack Obama is the president, everyone should get over it and move on.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Observer

SherryP is on a distinguished road

Even those who are crying about Obamacare need to remember that the health care providers can no longer cancel your policy for no reason, that there are no pre-existing conditions to hinder coverage, that there is no annual limit or lifetime limit for those with serious medical conditions, etc.

Oh don't make me laugh! Every day I am hearing stories about folks with chronic diseases like MS who have "coverage" but their high dollar meds are now not covered. People are going to be dying due to this unaffordable healthcare law! I personally have a client with MS who is facing this issue right now. If she dies due to this I am placing the blame directly at Obama's feet along with all the idiots who voted for this albatross!

Sherry
Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Very astute SherryP. I've felt that this law failed, when there was no "single payer option". Health care, if that is what it really is, is going to be costly due to the great expense of medicine and diagnostic techniques.

It is the insurance companies that are now still in charge of all these expenses. It is not the government, or at least the government is not doing anything about it.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Tags
affordable care act, health care, health insurance, obamacare
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.