Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Colds, Flu & Fever

� #1
Old 03-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Enlightener
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default the common cold/flu: what are your recommendations?

so, what are your recommendations for the common cold?

I usually take vitamin C, hot soup, lemon juice and tea.

in flu season, i try to remember to take elderberry.

if I think i'm coming down with the flu, I up the elderberry, and Vitamin C. I have added oregano oil to this.. although when I had a kind of cold/flu recently, it made me upchuck after a while. probably took too many.

I usually let the fever go, as I feel this is part of the healing process.. but it started going pretty high last time. so, I took some aspirin. which brought it down. but... what do people use to bring fever down other than aspirin?
� #2
Old 03-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Lecturer
Harry Hirsute will become famous soon enough

What comes to mind at the moment ...

I'd add vitamin D to the list - either high-dosages of supplemental D or prolonged sun-exposure.

As far as the vitamin C is concerned, I usually take as much as my body can handle (without GI symptoms). The key, in my opinion, is to take smaller amounts very frequently - hourly even (during an illness).

Extra probiotics and fewer refined carbs (as they can suppress your immune system).

I try to get lots of sleep.

And, I drink strong green/white tea and/or ginger tea - sweetened with stevia, as it may help to fight certain viruses.

This is in addition to all the other supplements I take daily.

PS - I like staying up-to-date on what the newest-and-hottest supplements are. Cold & Flu-wise, the newest stud is called Blockade. It's supposed to be a special (of course) elderberry extract.

https://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails....145673550&at=0

Last edited by Harry Hirsute; 03-12-2008 at 09:06 PM.
� #3
Old 03-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Reader
Mari is on a distinguished road

I get a cold about every four years--had one in 1999, another that lasted a day and a half on New Years Day 2003, and a 5 day cold in March of 2007. My husband has not had a cold in the past three years. I believe it's just what we do on a daily basis that makes the difference.

Mari
� #4
Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Enlightener

ok, Iggy.. I'm waiting for your personal cold/flu killer formulas..
� #5
Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Lecturer
pinballdoctor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiotiger View Post
so, what are your recommendations for the common cold?

I usually take vitamin C, hot soup, lemon juice and tea.

in flu season, i try to remember to take elderberry.

if I think i'm coming down with the flu, I up the elderberry, and Vitamin C. I have added oregano oil to this.. although when I had a kind of cold/flu recently, it made me upchuck after a while. probably took too many.

I usually let the fever go, as I feel this is part of the healing process.. but it started going pretty high last time. so, I took some aspirin. which brought it down. but... what do people use to bring fever down other than aspirin?
I am curious to know how much oil of oregano you would use...According to my own experience and research, I have found that filling a "00" capsule with 35 or 36 drops will clean all viruses/flu bugs in the blood. If you take one capsule in the morning and another at night, you should be fine the next day!
CAUTION: Drink a glass of water or juice with the capsule, for it is potent.

As far as preventing cold/flu, it is best to keep your immune system in good condition. This can be done by supplementing with Echinacea, Ginkgo, and other immune system boosters.
� #6
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Enlightener
D Bergy has a spectacular aura aboutD Bergy has a spectacular aura aboutD Bergy has a spectacular aura about

My wife and myself have both used our GB-4000 Rife machine using the cold frequencies.

Since the virus is almost always different from one time to the next we run it in the channel sweep mode. This makes it more likely to hit the proper frequency to disable the given virus as it is changing all the time.

It seems to work. Our colds only last about four days, while everyone in our office is ill at least twice as long with colds.

D Bergy
� #7
Old 03-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Enlightener
Iggy Dalrymple will become famous soon enough

Knock on wood, I'm batting 1,000 on colds and flu. I call out the Marines, Air Force, and heavy Naval bombardment.

At 1st sign of a sniffle, I sniff colloidal silver (10ppm freshened with 1 drop of 35% food grade H2O2 to 1 oz CS). That usually works in minutes. If additional symptoms ensue, I take 200,000 IU of Vit D3, beta 1,3/1,6 glucans, Culturelle probiotic, Stonyfield Farm yogurt, and sip red onion skin tea. If I do all that the 1st night, I'm always fully recovered by morning.

My brilliant geek friend(but nutritionally stupid), David, called me about 10 days ago, complaining about being nauseous and achy all over. I rushed over and gave him everything but the CS(too late for sniffing CS). He called me the next morning and was completely well.

About 8 years ago, when I was working in a retirement home and was away from my own pantry and supplements, I came down with a bad cold. I beat it by a keeping a raw garlic clove in my mouth all day, giving it a light chew every few minutes. That knocked out the worst symptoms in about 24 hours. My breath probably rid the entire retirement home of the cold virus.
� #8
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballdoctor View Post
I am curious to know how much oil of oregano you would use...According to my own experience and research, I have found that filling a "00" capsule with 35 or 36 drops will clean all viruses/flu bugs in the blood. If you take one capsule in the morning and another at night, you should be fine the next day!
CAUTION: Drink a glass of water or juice with the capsule, for it is potent.

As far as preventing cold/flu, it is best to keep your immune system in good condition. This can be done by supplementing with Echinacea, Ginkgo, and other immune system boosters.
well, I don't fill my own capsules. but this is what I took. I took 2 the first time, and one in the morning and one at night, until I threw up. then, I got kind of turned off about it. but.. i still felt it was helping my cough before my stomach started rebelling.

this is what I took:
GAIA Oil of Oregano Phyto-Caps

actually, I don't get many colds, and maybe that's why I was kind of unprepared for getting this one.. but this last one was a doozy. My gym buddy teaches pre-school.. she is exposed to all the colds/viruses that come along. and I think sometimes she just can't help but pass them on.

but.. I don't really know who passed it to who. I just know a lot of people got something similar in my area, and actually, as bad as I felt, I did better than some.

but, NEXT TIME: I will be looking up this thread, and getting into action a lot earlier!!!
� #9
Old 03-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Lecturer
Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hirsute View Post
What comes to mind at the moment ...

I'd add vitamin D to the list - either high-dosages of supplemental D or prolonged sun-exposure.

Sounds like good advice. Would love to go outside and soak up some rays.
Now if it would just stop snowing! 3-4in since this morning and more on the way. (3-21-08)
� #10
Old 03-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientest View Post
Sounds like good advice. Would love to go outside and soak up some rays.
Now if it would just stop snowing! 3-4in since this morning and more on the way. (3-21-08)
where are you that it is snowing?

It is cold where I am.. kind of disappointed - they said the weather would be great and I was looking forward to taking a long walk outside. but.. at least it was sunny.

(OT) - why the small font? makes me squint..

I want to make sure i can read your posts, Mad Scientist!!! especially with a name like "Mad Scientist" !

Last edited by scorpiotiger; 03-21-2008 at 07:12 PM.
� #11
Old 03-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Dalrymple View Post
Knock on wood, I'm batting 1,000 on colds and flu. I call out the Marines, Air Force, and heavy Naval bombardment.

At 1st sign of a sniffle, I sniff colloidal silver (10ppm freshened with 1 drop of 35% food grade H2O2 to 1 oz CS). That usually works in minutes.
so, Iggy... how do you "sniff" it? how many drops of silver to 1 drop of H2o2?

and what do you, put it in your palm and sniff it? (trying to picture Iggy sniffing silver )

Quote:
If additional symptoms ensue, I take 200,000 IU of Vit D3, beta 1,3/1,6 glucans, Culturelle probiotic, Stonyfield Farm yogurt, and sip red onion skin tea. If I do all that the 1st night, I'm always fully recovered by morning.
what does the red onion skin tea do?

btw, I now save the red onion skins for my bone broth (I freeze the skins)

Quote:
My brilliant geek friend(but nutritionally stupid), David, called me about 10 days ago, complaining about being nauseous and achy all over. I rushed over and gave him everything but the CS(too late for sniffing CS). He called me the next morning and was completely well.
so.. what did he say? is he now under your nutritional wing?

does he think you are a witch doctor?

(what you should do next time is tell him to take the pills, while you dance around him and chant... JUST KIDDING!!!)

Quote:
About 8 years ago, when I was working in a retirement home and was away from my own pantry and supplements, I came down with a bad cold. I beat it by a keeping a raw garlic clove in my mouth all day, giving it a light chew every few minutes. That knocked out the worst symptoms in about 24 hours. My breath probably rid the entire retirement home of the cold virus.
well, then, Iggy.. I think you are ready to try the plague brew. Your mission.. to mix this up next time you feel like you are coming down with something, drink it down, and report back to us. ok?

Dr. Schulze's Plague Tonic

YUM!!!

(since the modern plague is MRSA.. wonder if anyone has tried this?)

the ingredients in the Plague Tonic (also known as the Super Cure All tonic):
  • Cayenne: drive the blood thru your body and break up those blockages.
  • Gingerroot: boost circulation. will get blood all around the body.
  • Garlic: destroys any germ, any virus, any bacteria, any fungus, any antigen, any pathogen, and it strengthens your body.
  • Onion: same family as garlic.. goes to the head.. get hottest
  • Horseradish (root); goes right to the head
fill up with apple cider vinegar 2/3 of the way. Blend. You can drink it as is... or strain it and drink the liquid.

Dr.Schulze wrote: You couldn't buy an herbal tonic this powerful with all the money in the world

so... there you have it, Iggy. Don't try this before a hot date, though...
� #12
Old 03-22-2008, 05:19 AM
perpetual student
jfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of light

scorpio, please check that "plague tonic" link. It seems broken. Gets to YouTube general.

I did not realize the gingerroot relationship. Thanks.

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.." - Albert Einstein
� #13
Old 03-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Enlightener
Xania is on a distinguished road

Try this one, jfh.

https://healingtools.tripod.com/supertonic.html

I don't know if it's the same as scorpiotiger's link, but I did a search for Dr. Schulze's plague tonic, and that is what came up.
� #14
Old 03-22-2008, 06:10 AM
Enlightener
Iggy Dalrymple will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiotiger View Post
so, Iggy... how do you "sniff" it? how many drops of silver to 1 drop of H2o2?

and what do you, put it in your palm and sniff it? (trying to picture Iggy sniffing silver )
One drop of H2O2 to one ounce of CS. Use this 1 oz nasal sniffer bottle.

Quote:
what does the red onion skin tea do?

btw, I now save the red onion skins for my bone broth (I freeze the skins)
It's tasty and seems to be anti-microbial. I learned about it at HSI. Supposedly it's an eastern-European remedy.

Quote:
so.. what did he say?
He said, "Thank you Dr Iggy." and I replied, "You're welcome Dr Geek."

Quote:
is he now under your nutritional wing?
No, he's a fast learner, but he does listen to my advice.

Quote:
well, then, Iggy.. I think you are ready to try the plague brew. Your mission.. to mix this up next time you feel like you are coming down with something, drink it down, and report back to us. ok?

Dr. Schulze's Plague Tonic
I may try that. I would like to swap some of my CS for some ready-made Plague Tonic.

Speaking of Plague Tonic,
I bought some "Thieves Spray" for that purpose.
� #15
Old 03-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
scorpio, please check that "plague tonic" link. It seems broken. Gets to YouTube general.

I did not realize the gingerroot relationship. Thanks.
sorry.. here is a link to another video (actually easier to watch) and it looks like the same thing:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7wQbGDmaKZc

Tags
colds, flu
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.