Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Environmental

� #1
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Reader
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen
Default Eating Meat and Dairy is Wrong !

On Thursday I watched a dude, Gary Yourofsky, give a powerful presentation about why we should not eat meat or consume any dairy products; and I became a vegan after being a vegetarian for 6 yrs.

I am 6ft 1inch and weigh 226 lbs - 16 stones, and I was shocked, sickened and ashamed by our treatment of our extended family. If you eat meat or consume dairy then you are financing murder and cruelty on a daily basis.

Please watch the two following videos. If you don't become a vegan after watching Gary then you have lost your soul connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkC4OJEx3c

Namaste,

rev
� #2
Old 08-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Lecturer
Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by revzen View Post
Gary Yourofsky, give a powerful presentation about why we should not eat meat or consume any dairy products;

That is nothing; you need to watch this video to see how humanly our animals are treated.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/...DT5KC.facebook

Could there be better ways to do this? I would like to think so.

However there is one simple but brutal fact that most people prefer to overlook.
There is no life on this plant that can exist without first taking the life of something else. But the manner in which this is done that determines the maturity of that individual, be it human, animal, bug, or plant.

Why does life have to be this way? Well at our current state of evolution that is just simply the way it works, however it appears we maybe nearing a point where that will change.
� #3
Old 08-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Reader
Donee is on a distinguished road
Default Paleo

Lots of luck with that!

Sometimes I wonder how the human race has survived as long as it has.

And over here in the U.S. noblama is hell bent in our destruction LOL.
Perhaps adaption of 'eating meat and dairy is wrong' would assist in
his quest.

Study of the paleo diet thesis could be, perhaps, illuminating.
� #4
Old 08-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura about

Indeed the paleo style diet relies on naturally PASTURED MEAT/DAIRY/EGG PRODUCTION not grain fed meat/dairy/poultry/fish production. If Humans are to reduce their vulnerability to chronic low level acidosis/inflammation driven illnesses we need to improve their omega 3 status and reduce our pro inflammatory omega 6 intake.

If life is going to survive on planet Earth we also have to learn how to Feed the Planet Without Destroying It
Our topsoil is our most valuable resource.

There are systems that enable topsoil to grow rather than continue to be depleted.
How Joel Salatin creates self-generating, profitable enterprises
Joel Salatin not only builds soil and locks up carbon, he makes money out of farming and so do his associates. Here's an analysis of Polyface's organisational structure and the Salatin magic.

I think there are ways of reducing our reliance on corn, wheat and soy that is currently unhealthy for humans and animals. But that requires a change to a [url=https://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/perennial-plants-farm-bill-ze0z1205zsie.aspx#axzz2cFhsUKGl]Perennial Plants and Ecosystem-Based Agriculture however that still requires livestock grazing during certain times of the year.

Holistic Management

Allan Savory: How to fight desertification and reverse climate change
� #5
Old 08-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I am 6ft 1inch and weigh 226 lbs - 16 stones,
rev

What is the significant about that stat regarding this topic?
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #6
Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
What is the significant about that stat regarding this topic?
you know SG, you got me their! I may have been thinking about a previous or future post! anyway my friend, forgive me for such a travesty!

in all seriousness I had either posted or was about to post something about my problem of sweating too much!

people are strange SG, and I am!

Namaste,

rev
� #7
Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
you know SG, you got me their! I may have been thinking about a previous or future post! anyway my friend, forgive me for such a travesty!

in all seriousness I had either posted or was about to post something about my problem of sweating too much!

people are strange SG, and I am!

Namaste,

rev
No worries; my slow typing speed is the only thing that keeps me from, as Frank Zappa would say, "........and carried on without a comma.........."
� #8
Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 PM
perpetual student
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
as Frank Zappa would say, "........
That reminds me of the good old days. My hippie days. Not a worry in the world during short periods of that era. I met Frank Zappa and saw his Mothers of Invention perform in Atlanta. Long, long ago.

I don't think eating meat is wrong. Animal husbandry has be part of human history from time immemorial. I'd rather think that drinking milk, other than mother's milk, is disgusting. But cheese is my weakness. I don't know how I'd live without it.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
� #9
Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post

I don't think eating meat is wrong. Animal husbandry has be part of human history from time immemorial.
Yes, but some people used to eat human flesh at one time. They don't do it now.
Tradition doesn't make it right.

When you come to understand and accept the unity of all life and that animals have souls as we do, then meat-eating becomes untenable.

Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever or whatever is the victim.
Everything is worthy of kindness.

https://holy-lance.blogspot.com
� #10
Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
On Thursday I watched a dude, Gary Yourofsky, give a powerful presentation about why we should not eat meat or consume any dairy products; and I became a vegan after being a vegetarian for 6 yrs.

I am 6ft 1inch and weigh 226 lbs - 16 stones, and I was shocked, sickened and ashamed by our treatment of our extended family. If you eat meat or consume dairy then you are financing murder and cruelty on a daily basis.

Please watch the two following videos. If you don't become a vegan after watching Gary then you have lost your soul connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkC4OJEx3c

Namaste,

rev
Respect to you, dear Rev.

Reminds me of the vegan saying:
'The best thing about being a vegan? Being able to look a cow in the eye and not feel ashamed.'
� #11
Old 08-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
Being able to look a cow in the eye and not feel ashamed.'
But if everyone were vegan there would be no cows in kept at all.
Not only that eliminate cows and your prevent soil regeneration and so deplete topsoil.
'Cows Save The Planet': Soil's Secrets For Saving The Earth
� #12
Old 08-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Hutchinson View Post
But if everyone were vegan there would be no cows in kept at all.
Not only that eliminate cows and your prevent soil regeneration and so deplete topsoil.
'Cows Save The Planet': Soil's Secrets For Saving The Earth
Cows or rather the artificial practice of breeding them in vast numbers is responsible for a sizeable proportion of greenhouse gas emissions; responsible for a ludicrous waste of water and other dwlindling natural resources; one of the main causes of waterway pollution; one of the main causes of topsoil erosion - due to overgrazing; the driving force in deforestation (i.e.for grazing land and for growing animal feed) and uses up a huge amount of arable food production that could otherwise be used for human consumption.

'Nearly 60% of the world's agricultural land is used for beef production, yet beef accounts for less than 2% of the calories that are consumed throughout the world.'

The Livestock Industry is wholly unsustainable even at the present level. Global population is set to increase by 40% to around 10 billion by 2050.
� #13
Old 08-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
Respect to you, dear Rev.

Reminds me of the vegan saying:
'The best thing about being a vegan? Being able to look a cow in the eye and not feel ashamed.'
Forgive my late response knightofalbion, I have only just read your post! Blessings to you my friend, I see you are in Glastonbury, a place I've never been to, sadly. Although I know folk from around there! Also a friend of mine has given several talks in Glastonbury - a certain Ian R Crane!

And now for a progress report on my first week as a vegan - WONDERFUL! Physically and mentally I have never felt better(even with my various health issues!!!). I have no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever!

I have also made my own rice milk - so easy it was a beautiful joyous occasion! Cutting out processed vegetarian products has also been a revelation - my heavy after meal stomach has disappeared totally!

If people continue to eat meat then they are disconnected from their soul - their is no excuse for eating meat(and all the chemicals therein). Not only are you consuming decaying flesh, you are absorbing the fear based emotions of the animal who has been slaughtered; so you are affected in more ways than you think!

Eating meat is a health hazard, look at some of the addictions on offer - one poster can't give up cheese! Another will bemoan he can't give up bacon! And so it goes on.......as do the excuses!!!

When I had my realisation of the Oneness of all that is my life changed completely, and my diet has joined me too! I look back and see the changes that have taken place - all positive!

No doubt the debate will continue! For me their is no debate - eating meat and consuming dairy is wrong, it is barbaric - it is murder.

Namaste,

rev
� #14
Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Reader

Just came across this 4min 44secs video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_dRT...SfgriCkIK6EMMQ

Sobering.

Man(has lost the)kind is responsible for the suffering. We are all guilty.

No arguments. We are all guilty. Disconnected. Barbaric.

Namaste,

rev
� #15
Old 08-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Explorer
greif is on a distinguished road

Eat human, get rid of the problem directly

Tags
animals, barbaric, consciousness, inhumane, murder
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.