Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Explorer

uniden is on a distinguished road
Default What is Proper Nutrition?

Why are the US Dietary guidelines the same for all americans, when, according to some, there is no one type of diet that fits all? For example, if I said that the ideal diet is a diet of pure water, raw organic vegetables (including raw organic potatoes for complex carbohydrates and complete protein), and raw organic fruits (including raw organic avocados and durian for healthy fats), some would probably say that everyone is different and there is no one diet that everyone could follow for optimum health.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Explorer

I see that no one has yet answered. Could it be that no one else, including myself, knows why this is?
Old 08-16-2013, 08:50 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniden View Post
Could it be that no one else, including myself, knows why this is?
Or that it is very common knowledge on a forum such as this. Many times we give opinions that absolutely do not work the same for each individual. They sometime think that we are leading them astray. You'll see, as you join our conversations. Don't you get that, when you give recommendations to friends? Don't get discouraged.

My naturopathic doctor has recommended that I stay on an anti-candida diet. I did for a month with absolutely no change. I still abide by the rule of no sugar, which I have "mostly" adopted. Then he recommended that I stay on a no gluten diet, which was also absolutely worthless. Then a vegetarian diet. Each diet was nothing more that punishment. Did that mean that my ND was unintelligent? No. These diets worked with many of his other patients.

Modern doctors, both allopathic and naturopathic, no longer know how to diagnose.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 09-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Observer

Louis Adams is on a distinguished road

The best diet is the one that makes you healthier and happier!
Old 11-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Observer

SorayaBatel is on a distinguished road

We are all different and that is the beauty about alternative and holistic health I think! I believe that there is no size fits all when it comes to health and well being! I consult my Heartgrain holistic health practitioner on a regular basis and I also joined a couple of detoxes on the platform and I have to say no one ever consulted me to take any expensive supplements whatsoever! All natural and I feel so amazing!
Old 03-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

It doesn't matter if you eat healthy veggies because they are grown in mineral deficient soil. Farmers use NPK fertilizers which means they add nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. That means 88 essential nutrients are missing. In order to be ,healthy you must supplement with all 90 nutrients, then whatever you get from your food is just extra.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Explorer

Default Update

Ideal Lifestyle:

Fructovegetarian
Old 06-02-2017, 06:55 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I had lunch with Ladean Griffin (https://www.goodreads.com/author/sho...Ladean_Griffin) once upon a time. At that time of her life she was a fruitarian. She and her family ate nothing but fruits for several years. She considered tomatoes and avocados fruits. She said her teenagers had the clearest skin and she had no problem during her pregnancy of her youngest. She said that watermelon helped her milk to flow. Several other benefits.

Personally, I am not comfortable with fruit only. Fructose if the worst of all the sugars. I know that the fiber helps it to get through the body, but I'm still uncomfortable with that.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post

Personally, I am not comfortable with fruit only. Fructose if the worst of all the sugars. I know that the fiber helps it to get through the body, but I'm still uncomfortable with that.
What about Fructovegetarian?
Old 06-03-2017, 05:40 AM
perpetual student

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniden View Post
What about Fructovegetarian?
Uniden, this is my personal opinion. Nothing I've studied. Just a feeling. Know what I mean? Eating more fruit than vegetables, just seems imbalanced in the wrong direction to me. But my own diet is quite imbalanced, as I favor grains and feel that greens are a waste of stomach space.

Nutritionally, whole fruit should be no problem, because the fiber will make it take longer for the body to digest. So there should be no problem for a fructovegetarian diet. Somewhere, and long ago, I read where it is not good to include fruits with vegetables in the same meal. If you are like me, you will experiment for a few weeks.

BTW, I love raisins, prunes, and dates. Dehydrated fruits.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Observer

JonathanMaxwell is on a distinguished road

I am not completely sure, but I think they made those dietary guidelines based on the "average" person based on what they knew about the population at the time. No one diet is best for everybody, since we all have differences (religious, genetic, etc). I would follow whatever diet keeps your weight, cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure in healthy ranges. You should also "feel healthy" on the diet if you know what I mean, since there are some crash diets where people feel exhausted.

Be well,
Jonathan
Old 06-10-2017, 05:07 AM
Observer

Esmee is on a distinguished road

our body are made to eat natural foods & drink uncontaminated water and absolutely NOTHING comes naturally in a box or can.
we need grain, water, fruit, all are used for body building.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Explorer

Or vegefructarian.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Explorer

Or both.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Observer

Louis Adams is on a distinguished road

Healthy carbs, fruits, water and vegetables
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.