Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Alternative Therapies

Old 04-27-2013, 04:48 AM
Observer

JackTar is on a distinguished road
Default Neti Pot

Hello. Is it ok to use MMS in a Neti Pot? If so what would the dosage be?
Thanks,
JackTar

Also, you do not appear to have 'search' for us to look up subjects like Neti Pots. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:49 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

http://www.natmedtalk.com/search.php?searchid=168289
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 04-27-2013, 06:04 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

Jack, near the top, under the thread name, there is a list of menu items. Search is one of them. It is between New Posts and Quick Links.

I'd personally not put anything in the neti pot that would even temporarily irritate my sinuses, which are already irritated. I tried that once with iodine. Yowee! Never again. MMS may not hurt, as some people use it for mouthwash when they have problems there. In a neti pot, it would be very diluted anyway. I would just personally not do it.

If you are doing it for infection or inflammation, try the saline solution for your neti pot with about a tablespoon of manuka honey mixed in.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Observer

JackTar is on a distinguished road

Thanks, JFH!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

I've used only non-iodized sea salt with a pinch of Bob's Red Mill aluminum-free baking soda in my neti pot. But I stopped using the pot, when one time I had pain below my eye, and I was holding water that didn't flow out during use. It would be released unexpectedly. Now, I just have to use the neti-pot as a creamer, lol (not really).
Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I get the pre-measured packets for my sinus rinse kit. If you're fighting an infection, follow the directions for the stronger mixture.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Explorer

jesichashope is on a distinguished road

Above all things - make sure the neti pot is absolutely clean and the water you use is sterile - more people arrive at the ER with deep infections from those using a neti pot with plain tap water and the neti pot right off your shelf where its been stored. You are asking for bacterial infections.
Using it wisely can produce good results.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesichashope View Post
Above all things - make sure the neti pot is absolutely clean and the water you use is sterile - more people arrive at the ER with deep infections from those using a neti pot with plain tap water and the neti pot right off your shelf where its been stored. You are asking for bacterial infections.
Using it wisely can produce good results.

If people are getting bacterial infections from their tap water, it isn't safe to drink.

Luckily, bacteria that thrive in 'fresh' water will die in salt water, and bacteria that thrive in salt water will die in non-salinated water.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Explorer

jesichashope is on a distinguished road

I did go back into my files and found the one pertaining to the neti pot - while I will admit I used the word, bacteria when I should have used ameba. Knowing it is possible, it is better to be cautious than not. Like I said before, use sterile water and know all organisms no matter how they got there are not alive. I have heard of similar cases from lakes or ponds and people have died; all had the ameba enter through the nostrils. What a simple step - boil the water first, let it cool to warm. We all use them and use them safely.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...igation-finds/
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesichashope View Post
I did go back into my files and found the one pertaining to the neti pot - while I will admit I used the word, bacteria when I should have used ameba. Knowing it is possible, it is better to be cautious than not. Like I said before, use sterile water and know all organisms no matter how they got there are not alive. I have heard of similar cases from lakes or ponds and people have died; all had the ameba enter through the nostrils. What a simple step - boil the water first, let it cool to warm. We all use them and use them safely.

www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57499285-10391704/tap-water-in-neti-pots-behind-two-brain-eating-amoeba-deaths-in-2011-investigation-finds/

Yes, there was a case where two people had become ill. If you have a compromised immune system, you should definitely take the extra precautions, just like you said.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.