Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Health Insurance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Ted_Hutchinson's Avatar
Ted_Hutchinson Ted_Hutchinson is offline
Lecturer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,877
Blog Entries: 4
Ted_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura about
Default Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us

Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us

I think doctors simply regard us cash cows waiting to be milked as required because we are too stupid to take any action on our own to prevent or delay the onset of chronic illness.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Living Food Living Food is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 301
Living Food is on a distinguished road
Default

Some doctors do. Some doctors are actually naive enough to think they're helping people!

Drug companies absolutely view us as cash cows. And stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
saved1986's Avatar
saved1986 saved1986 is offline
In seaerch of spicy food
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,010
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default

My mom had to go to the ER yesterday. She stopped taking blood pressure med and it went up and she was dizzy. Of course they had to do a chest x-ray and cat scan. What bullshit
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,341
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
My mom had to go to the ER yesterday. She stopped taking blood pressure med and it went up and she was dizzy. Of course they had to do a chest x-ray and cat scan. What bullshit
There are all kinds of warnings to NOT stop BP meds abruptly. Not even statins. But certainly not beta blocker, ACE inhibitor, or calcium channel blocker.

I hope she is recovering and back on the meds, at least until she can be weaned off, if that is the desired result.
__________________
.
- Jim

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 AM
newlife newlife is offline
Explorer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 64
newlife is on a distinguished road
Default

Doctors are well-meaning pawns and victims of the charade.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread715284/pg1
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
knightofalbion knightofalbion is offline
Lecturer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glastonbury, England
Posts: 1,509
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
My mom had to go to the ER yesterday. She stopped taking blood pressure med and it went up and she was dizzy. Of course they had to do a chest x-ray and cat scan. What bullshit
Sorry to hear about your mother, dear Saved. Hope she's okay.
__________________

Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever or whatever is the victim.
Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 AM
saved1986's Avatar
saved1986 saved1986 is offline
In seaerch of spicy food
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,010
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default

She is fine and if was a calcium channel blocker. She now knows not to play games
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 PM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,341
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

Calcium channel blocker. Ah yes. As I said.

Anyway, if she really wanted to quit the blocker, she would have to make it a point to take more magnesium regularly while she weaned herself off. But if there really is a problem with the calcium constricting the arteries, she may not be able to take enough magnesium and it would only give her a magnesium induced diarrhea. Another problem is that we are taking more vitamin D3 due to all the studies and advertisements out there. This is already a warning with calcium channel blockers. "No high dose of D". It only defeats the blocker. She's pretty much stuck without the help of a professional md or nd, who can help her wean off, and discover why she had to go on it in the first place. What would have made her arteries sensitive to the calcium? Lifestyle? Diet? Heredity? Or just some cardiologist making guesses and having something work for his/her other patients.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
saved1986's Avatar
saved1986 saved1986 is offline
In seaerch of spicy food
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,010
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Calcium channel blocker. Ah yes. As I said.

Anyway, if she really wanted to quit the blocker, she would have to make it a point to take more magnesium regularly while she weaned herself off. But if there really is a problem with the calcium constricting the arteries, she may not be able to take enough magnesium and it would only give her a magnesium induced diarrhea. Another problem is that we are taking more vitamin D3 due to all the studies and advertisements out there. This is already a warning with calcium channel blockers. "No high dose of D". It only defeats the blocker. She's pretty much stuck without the help of a professional md or nd, who can help her wean off, and discover why she had to go on it in the first place. What would have made her arteries sensitive to the calcium? Lifestyle? Diet? Heredity? Or just some cardiologist making guesses and having something work for his/her other patients.
However, she is on the lowest dose of norvasc
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,341
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
However, she is on the lowest dose of norvasc
Yes, but it doesn't matter. Even the 5mg tab is enough for the body to be dependent. Unfortunately it does work. It immediately improves blood pressure. She is probably on an ACE inhibiter too, right? It seems all the cardiologists want people on at least 3 things - ACE inhibitor, beta blocker, and calcium channel blocker. Then if they don't work, a statin. This is so they don't have to spend the effort in real diagnosis.

Hence as Ted's post says "why medical bills are killing us."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 AM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,341
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

Another reason why medical bills are killing us is not only greed, but that research is expensive. Imagine how much it costs for these 2 promising research projects. And this is still at the cellular in vitro period.

Quote:
Discovering superbug softspot:

Biologists Gloria Culver at Rochester and Keith Connolly, now at Harvard University, thought one key to stopping the bacteria may lie with proteins, so they studied the mechanism behind the development of bacterial ribosomes—the cell's protein-manufacturing machine.

"We targeted the ribosomes in our research because cells and organisms can't live if they don't make proteins, and they can't make proteins if their ribosomes aren't functioning properly." said Culver.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-smh022613.php

Possible treatment for some inherited diseases:

Fresh insights into the protective seal that surrounds the DNA of our cells could help develop treatments for inherited muscle, brain, bone and skin disorders.

Researchers have discovered that the proteins within this coating – known as the nuclear envelope – vary greatly between cells in different organs of the body.

This variation means that certain disease causing proteins will interact with the proteins in the protective seal to cause illness in some organs, but not others.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-uoe022613.php
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Ted_Hutchinson's Avatar
Ted_Hutchinson Ted_Hutchinson is offline
Lecturer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,877
Blog Entries: 4
Ted_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura about
Default

How Medical Ripoffs Threaten Your Health and Financial Security
Mercola on a similar theme.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM
saved1986's Avatar
saved1986 saved1986 is offline
In seaerch of spicy food
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,010
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Yes, but it doesn't matter. Even the 5mg tab is enough for the body to be dependent. Unfortunately it does work. It immediately improves blood pressure. She is probably on an ACE inhibiter too, right? It seems all the cardiologists want people on at least 3 things - ACE inhibitor, beta blocker, and calcium channel blocker. Then if they don't work, a statin. This is so they don't have to spend the effort in real diagnosis.

Hence as Ted's post says "why medical bills are killing us."
She is on inderol for the shakes, but it is a beta blocker
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 AM
saved1986's Avatar
saved1986 saved1986 is offline
In seaerch of spicy food
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,010
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Hutchinson View Post
Excessive tests, imaging, statins, other useless but harmful drugs. It is disgusting and Ted, in use it is legion.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HEALTHCARE BILLS nightowl Health Insurance 23 12-14-2009 09:03 PM
Ron Paul's Health Freedom Bills liverock Health Insurance 0 08-10-2009 06:11 AM
Health Care Bills Are Negotiable Matrix Health Insurance 3 03-17-2009 02:42 AM
Bills and Other Things of Interest Arrowwind09 Chitchat 0 10-07-2008 08:31 AM
Bitter Oranges just me Nutrition 2 01-11-2007 09:26 PM