Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Thrift & Financial

� #1
Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about
Default Unfair Distribution of Corporate Bailouts -

� #2
Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #3
Old 11-22-2012, 06:02 AM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

That was good.
� #4
Old 11-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Guide
tick is on a distinguished road

LOL....

That's really sad when Obama killed a company from the 1930's.... Twinkies were created by hostess back in the 1930's just after the great depression I believe, and Obama killed it...

So, still kinda sad.. Not for the loss of twinkies, because I never ate them or was fond of them, but for the loss of an icon in history... Remember Ghostbusters?

But yes... Still kind of sad....
� #5
Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Actually hostess did not keep up with the times and change its product line as people have been moving towards more natural foods, even in snacks. They did their selves in. Acutally it was the Union that brought them to their knees as the final stake in the coffin. Essentially the union decided that because the company could not pay them more and remain solvent that they would all prefer to take a union stipend and perhaps unemployment too
� #6
Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post
Acutally it was the Union that brought them to their knees as the final stake in the coffin. Essentially the union decided that because the company could not pay them more and remain solvent that they would all prefer to take a union stipend and perhaps unemployment too
Absolutely. They should have hired Bain Capital to help them move their manufacturing labor to China. 6 years ago, as I clearly remember when I was working for a living, a Chinese laborer was earning $40 US dollars per week, with no Social Security, no health insurance, no unemployment insurance; and the company did not have to pay for liability insurance. Export duties (tariffs) for China were well worth it.

Recession is what we have been dealing with. That leads to deflation. Deflation of product prices means deflation of earnings as well.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #7
Old 11-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Does this mean Dolly Madison and Wonder Bread are DOA? :reaper:
� #8
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Guide
tick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
Does this mean Dolly Madison and Wonder Bread are DOA? :reaper:
Dolly Madison and Wonder Bread were part of Hostess? News to me...

Although I did like some of their potato chips... Dill Pickle in particular... Ketchup was good too... Oh well, not good for the diet anyway either....
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.