Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Environmental

Old 11-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough
Default NO GMO's for birdies, squirrels - PLEASE

Just a thought (while seeing many people buying seed for winter animals):

Well - how gmo are they? I buy organic. Yes, it costs a bit more - but the sunflowers and plants that happen from them are ORGANIC. NOT gmo.

I refuse to ADD to the destruction of our planet by buying cheap seeds that I know are genetically modified. My hope is that you do the same.

Thank you and Bless you.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I don't feed the squirrels. Mostly gray squirrels, but most recently I saw a Douglas Squirrel!!

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/douglassquirrel.htm
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

They are the red ones? I love the all black - look like kittens!!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Black squirrels, I believe. Saw one in Vancouver Park, Vancouver BC.

Douglas squirrels are kinda dirty dark brown on the back and red like a Robin on the belly. Quite a bit smaller than the invasive, non-native gray squirrel. Most inner city parks have only the gray, while the woods in the mountains have the Douglas.

When I see more deer, coyote and then the native squirrel in my neighborhood, I figure good things are happening in the environment.