Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Chitchat

Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about
Default Hurricane Sandy

We still have a little bit to go before getting slammed by Sandy, but seeing as ALL the barrier islands at the shore have been evacuated, manditory school closings for the next two days and the boardwalk at Atlantic City has begun collapsing, it's pretty obvious that it's time to move away from the ocean!
Had to share this picture of a total tartcase down at Belmar.
https://www.facebook.com/News12NJ#!/...type=1&theater
Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Scary stuff Cookie, was just watching some news on tv about it and thought of you. That guy in the boat is a lunatic. Hope you stay safe, your stomach must be in knots! Thoughts and prayers with you, your family, and all those in the face of this hurricane.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Lecturer

Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about

Be safe and be careful and try to stay dry.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Lovin' life~

Thanks

Just called out at work. Gusts are supposed to be 40 - 80 mph this afternoon in my area & that's just going to be too dangerous (projectiles & downed wires) to drive home later.
During the last bad storm we had, I was running tallboys with food trays from the kitchen to various floors, feeding people & making beds. They're going to be short staffed with people who are forced to work doubles since most workers come from 45 mins to an hour south of the facility and the governor telling everyone not to be stoopid LOL & stay off the roads.
I feel terrible calling in though.

Well, since it's only 5ish, no sense letting that warm bed & snugglie pillow go to waste
Old 10-29-2012, 02:41 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

I hope everyone will be okay.

We had a hurricane here in SW England back in the 80s. I remember standing stunned looking at large, previously rock solid trees just snapping like matchsticks...

My heart goes out to you.

Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever or whatever is the victim.
Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Dave Curren

This is probably the most irresponsible thing I have ever seen. A boat trying to power thru the Belmar inlet. Serioulsy!!
Not only is he putting his life at risk, but the lives of first responders that will have to go out and rescue him.
Dude lives a sheltered life!

Nobody has to go rescue him; They VOLUNTEERED!!!

Yet, their thrill seeking behavior is praised, while the other gentleman is admonished. In my circle of friends, Dave would be known as a pussy.

Have I done similar? Yes. Columbia river bar in small craft warnings. It was raised to gale warnings once we had cleared the bar (thank God we had cleared). that was some time ago.

Near past was Puget Sound. Not as harrowing as our buddy there, but two guys were puking hard and two guys were laughing like mad men. Guess which pair I was in?

I only have two words for the guy(s) in the boat..........................

...................WOOO HOOOO!!!!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!!
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Lovin' life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
I hope everyone will be okay.

We had a hurricane here in SW England back in the 80s. I remember standing stunned looking at large, previously rock solid trees just snapping like matchsticks...

My heart goes out to you.

Thank you, dear Knight.
Trees limbs are beginning to snap. My next door neighbor has a huge limb in his backyard, limbs down all over the neighborhood. Leaves are beginning to smack into the windows & stick lol The treetop sway is at about 5feet and the squalls are frequent now.
I'm amazed I still have cable, but chances are... it won't be for much longer.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Lovin' life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
Dude lives a sheltered life!

Nobody has to go rescue him; They VOLUNTEERED!!!

Yet, their thrill seeking behavior is praised, while the other gentleman is admonished. In my circle of friends, Dave would be known as a pussy.

Have I done similar? Yes. Columbia river bar in small craft warnings. It was raised to gale warnings once we had cleared the bar (thank God we had cleared). that was some time ago.

Near past was Puget Sound. Not as harrowing as our buddy there, but two guys were puking hard and two guys were laughing like mad men. Guess which pair I was in?

I only have two words for the guy(s) in the boat..........................

...................WOOO HOOOO!!!!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!!

hahahaha!! Wild child!!

There's a sore spot about first responders having to go out to save people who were issued a manditory evacuation since losing a first responder during the last storm.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Lovin' life~

Trees are starting to come down as the wind squalls get stronger. Mostly a couple towns south of me.

This facebook page from NJ12 has some current pictures of the shore flooding & will probably put up more as people are able to post them.
https://www.facebook.com/News12NJ

If I lose cable, I'll be back as soon as possible! Could be a week though lol
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Enlightener

ozzie will become famous soon enoughozzie will become famous soon enough

I hope all that live in the region of the approaching Hurricane stay safe and well.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

7 million without power. I think I could survive without power for a little while. Thank goodness it is not in freezing weather. Poor Cookie may be out of work for several days. I hope your property is safe Cookie, and no human casualties.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Cookie - you are in my prayers and thoughts. Sending calming thoughts of NO WIND your way!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Observer

clairebear83 is on a distinguished road

Love and light to all in the hurricane including my friends who are currently stranded out there from the uk! x
Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
hahahaha!! Wild child!!

There's a sore spot about first responders having to go out to save people who were issued a manditory evacuation since losing a first responder during the last storm.

I do have empathy for those people.

I just wish we could go ahead and restore the sharp edges to things and get on with evolution.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
BREAKING: Officials in Princeton say a man has been killed as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Police say the 61-year-old man was clearing debris from his driveway when a tree fell on him. He was pronounced dead on the scene. This is the fourth Hurricane Sandy-related death reported in New Jersey.
Poor guy. Sheetrock be damned; If something pokes a hole in your roof, wait until the storm abates before going outside.

Tags
hurricane, sandy
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.