Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

� #1
Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Reader
Thrasymachus is on a distinguished road
Default X-ray image of a woman in high heels

Here is the Reddit discussion I found it at: x-ray of a womans foot in high heels.
� #2
Old 06-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

A striking picture.

High heels: Look great, but at what cost to the wearers long term health?

From my (male) observations, very little female footwear takes into consideration the natural symmetry of the female foot. The result will be damaged and misshapen feet.

'Where mercy, love and pity dwell. there God is dwelling too'

https://holy-lance.blogspot.com
� #3
Old 06-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Reader
Thrasymachus is on a distinguished road

Accidents are when you poop in your pants, high heels are non functional and against anatomy for a reason. The purpose of high heels is related to a long standing human trend. At first males in more primitive societies valued women who were more functional, those who were the most hardy and could do the most work. But in develop societies, it is considered a mark of great distinction to show that a woman is useless for real labor. So high heels, ultra-tight corsets, long finger and toe nails became fashionable for women of all classes in our society because it allows them to emulate the well to do, in as far as they can ignore functionality. High class Chinese families used to totally deform the feet of their females, the pictures are very disturbing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_binding

You can look into Thorstein Veblen's: Theory of the Leisure Class(gutenberg free e-book. for a more in depth history of the preference for the non-functional. Or audiobook by Librivox(also free).
� #4
Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Explorer
Samia is on a distinguished road

Interesting; I didn't know that high heels had their origins in a disdain for the idea of women working hard! Or at least for a man being seen to be with a purportedly hardworking woman. In my whole life I've never worn high heels. I prefer to call them "whore heels" because I always thought they were associated with prostitutes. As a matter of fact, I would say that, today, a high portion of women dress like prostitutes. Oh, well...

Awful photo, in any case.
� #5
Old 06-16-2012, 02:32 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

Just walking in high heels should give a red flag to any sensible woman. The higher the heel, the more stress on the feet.
� #6
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
.................. should give a red flag to any sensible woman.

.................or sensible man.
� #7
Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Observer
beefwhite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Interesting; I didn't know that high heels had their origins in a disdain for the idea of women working hard! Or at least for a man being seen to be with a purportedly hardworking woman.
I didnt know either! I wear heels on the odd occasion weddings, prom, graduation etc. I just find them far to uncomfortable to wear on a daily basis. Maybe because my feet are so small making it harder for me to walk in. But i'll just stick to my converse
� #8
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Observer
clairebear83 is on a distinguished road

I think wearing high heels has gone beyond that, it does make the leg look shapely which is one of the things I like about high heels. Haaving said that I like my feet being comfy more than that so like beefwhite I usually only wear them when absolutely necessary or I know I can sit down for most of the night.

On a side point those particular high heels in the picture are Extremely high! Although this seems to be the fashion these days. I read before that in a recession the length of skirts in fashion gets shorter! I wonder if there is a correlation with heels??
� #9
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Reader
ChrisCarlton67 is on a distinguished road

I've always thought that heels were designed to make a woman taller, and tighten up the calves, giving the woman a more slender look. Never knew it was to make them useless but it sure does do a good job of that!

That picture hurts just looking at it.
� #10
Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Guide
Living Food will become famous soon enough

It's not just high heels, all footwear has a negative effect on your posture and thus your overall health, and also prevents you from "grounding"/"earthing". Grounding is very good at protecting you from EMR and also greatly decreases inflammation, so it has a positive effect on every aspect of health. It is much better to go barefoot.
� #11
Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Observer
clairebear83 is on a distinguished road

Wow I have some friends that swear by going barefoot although I have to admit only like it on grass or soft surfaces! I didn't know that about it decreasing inflammation. What is EMR? I tried googling it but there was lots of random results..

EDIT: ok I just thought about it and figured you mean Electromagnetic rays?
� #12
Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Explorer
Samia is on a distinguished road

I hear that, for some people, the negative heel shoe is wonderful.
� #13
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Reader
BigAl will become famous soon enoughBigAl will become famous soon enough

The reason some women wear high heels is because they are tired of being kissed on their fore head.
� #14
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Guide
Living Food will become famous soon enough

EMR = electromagnetic radiation. Other common abbreviations are EMF (electromagnetic fields) and sometimes EMC (electromagnetic chaos). 60 hertz is the frequency we use for almost all electricity, and wouldn't you know it but it's also one of the most damaging frequencies for living creatures. Animals in the wild are luckily effected much less then we are because they spend their entire lives grounded. But they are still very vulnerable to certain types of EMR used for "sonar" and "radar"which is killing dolphins, whales, and birds by the thousands.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1860723.html
https://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/02/ark...rds/index.html
https://now.msn.com/thousands-of-dolp...-dying-in-peru

There are hundreds of similar articles you can find with a simple search. Animals are mysteriously dying all over the world.

--------
Back to the original topic, being grounded 24/7 (or close to it) is one of the reasons animals in the wild tend to live much longer then their counterparts in captivity. Another HUGE reason is diet, but also the fact that they tend to get more sun and especially sunlight through the eyes, and that they are breathing fresh air full of negative ions and other beneficial compounds 24/7.

Exposure to rain is another factor; whenever it rains the air becomes saturated with negative ions, and there is a large increase in the amount of positive life energy in the air + the oxygen content of the air increases slightly. Whenever possible I make sure to be outside when it is raining.
� #15
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Reader
ChrisCarlton67 is on a distinguished road

Wow Living food if you had a book out I'd buy it. You amaze me every day with the useful info. Negative IONs. Better in the rain. Just wow

In any case, I mentioned this in another thread (4 causes of all disease) that I saw this author on tv, promoting his book of course, but the HOOK or headline to draw you into that segment was "can high heels cause cancer". This was naturally controversial (the marketer in me always see things this way on TV) so it drew more people to watch so I didn't take the subject to heart really - I know the guy is trying to sell a book, but ANYWAY, back to my point - He said that because high heels causes inflammation and inflammation causes cancer, then yes, high heels can be a source of cancer.

Now going back to that other thread, what is the cause of the cause (the inflammation?)? The high heels cause inflammation, but that doesn't mean cancer, since it was outlined in the other thread that you need to find the cause of the cause, which is lack of nutrition and other things (I won't recap that thread because at this point I'm bordering on thread-jacking - apologies if I am).

Tags
bones, damage, foot, picture, women
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.