Old 03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Question Stain and Spot Remover

They did a test on TV for getting red wine stains out of a white cloth. The best result was with club soda (seltzer), next was a natural enzyme wine remover, next was corn starch and the worst was salt.

Well, my kitten managed to break a red ink pen on my sand colored carpet around a week ago, didn't see the stain until today. First I soaked it in hydrogen peroxide and blotted up what I could with paper towels. Then I got the seltzer, and soaked/blotted that. Then I used Folex spot remover. Still a pink circle there. I'm waiting for it to dry and work on it again.

Any easy way to get up ink?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Lecturer

Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about

I suspect that the pens ink is an oil base thus a solvent would be needed to dissolve it. Perhaps start with alcohol. But depending on the type of carpet too strong a solvent might also remove the carpet's dye.

Finial solution redye carpet pink to hide the spot.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if it still exists, but I use to have pretty good success with oxiclean. I used it for wine stains as well as the laundry.

Of course, the best solution is to start saving money for hard surface floors.

Try the hints on this site. http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to...ink-stains.htm

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 03-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Lecturer

just me is on a distinguished road

Hair spray supposedly takes ink out of clothes....
Texasshabbychic sent me this blog a couple weeks ago... this looks interesting... I also checked out some of the other post from this lady, she has homemade fabric softener, an oxyclean look alike and a couple other good ideas... Enjoy
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/...removerno.html
Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Lecturer

Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about

That looks like it really works!
OK but now how do you clean all those dirty towels?
Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Enlightener

ozzie has a spectacular aura aboutozzie has a spectacular aura about

Just reading in my, cleaning book and it says for red ink on carpet,apply dry cleaning fluid to a cotton ball, and rub it over the stain, then apply vinegar to a cotton ball and rub it over the stain, keep doing this until the stain is removed, the only trouble is it may not work now if you have used other things.
I hope you managed to get it out kind2creatures.
From the book "Spottless", by Shannon Lush and Jennifer Fleming
Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Thank you all for your suggestions. After it dried thoroughly, I treated again with the Folex stain remover, and it looks good now.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Lecturer

just me is on a distinguished road

Mad Sci, if I were to try this method, I would probably make sure that I had alot of those small shop towels on hand...alot easier to throw into the washing machine

Tags
carpet, ink, removers, spots, stains, wine
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.