Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Skin Health

Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice
Thumbs up Greek Yogurt for Age/Liver Spots

Heard on Dr. Oz today that plain greek yogurt had lactic acid and was good for lightening age/liver/sun spots. Apply to area and leave on for 20 minutes, repeat 3 times a week.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

What the heck are 'liver' spots? LOL
I'm gonna have to look that one up~
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Observer

DanaJ is on a distinguished road

Liver spots are dark patches that look like large moles on the skin. Usually it's seniors who get them on their skin and face. I don't know if the sun causes them or what but it seems to be more prominent around the face and arms. I don't know if yogurt could "bleach" them or if even laser or a dermatologist could make them disappear.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
I don't know if yogurt could "bleach" them or if even laser or a dermatologist could make them disappear.
I wouldn't go to a doctor at all, if there were more natural alternatives that could be done at home. I know for a fact that Frankincense Oil will lighten those spots to the point where they are no longer noticeable also. If I had a problem with them, I'd probably use the oil and yogurt treatment in an alternate fashion.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

liver/age spots are caused by the son, most of of them. My husband who has been a sun worship type guy has to have them frozen off. Some can become precancerous. Lots of people get large ones on the left side of their face from driving in the car and the sun hits them there.

Tags
age spots, greek, lightening, yogurt
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.