Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

� #1
Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Observer
bigchris6767 is on a distinguished road
Default Dark Grapes for curing Migraines

Recently a friend of mine let me know their coworker had been having vicious migranes. From past experience I let them know to take dark grapes and crush them in the processor and drink the juice without using any water or buying juice from the store.

I also let them know to increase their niacin B3 and also chew on about an inch of ginger root.
Glad to hear they are now doing much better.
Hopefully this will help anyone with the same issues with migranes.

BigChris6767
� #2
Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Enlightener
jbo is on a distinguished road

How about dark red wine?

https://www.nyheadache.com/blog/?p=93
� #3
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Guide
JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about
Default Chiropractic for Migraines

Very frequently a competent upper cervical specific chiropractor can bring enormous relief to those suffering with migraines. These chiropractors aren't easy to find, the specialty requires additional training, but well worth it. Also those suffering from fibromyalgia, sciatica, many other chronic pain syndromes.
� #4
Old 07-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Observer

i cannot say if red wine works because not sure if water or anything is added to the process.
all i know is if you take the grapes the way they are put it in a processor or blender and drink the juice without adding water it works.
� #5
Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

In an old post (2008) on a different forum I wrote about using a Low carb diet for migraine prevention

Migraine Headaches – Rethinking an Old Malady By Larry McCleary, MD

It may also be worth looking at your zinc, magnesium and selenium intakes according to this HYPOTHESIS A new horizon into the pathobiology, etiology and treatment of migraine
� #6
Old 07-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

JanH, yes, I would have a hard time without my chiropractor. Unfortuantely all are not cut from the same cloth. It is difficult to find a master of the neck alighment. Fortunately I have found another in our new location. The alignments he gives have held over 6 months which is fortuante for me cause I live about 100 miles away from him.

Many headaches hold their cause in tension and misalignment of the neck. As a massage therapist I can testify that massage can cure some chronic migrane situations also. Some people need massage and neck alignmnent both.
� #7
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Observer
Default Dark Grapes for curing Migraines

From what I have read also lack of certain vitamins will cause migraines and the misalignment of spine sounds like its in the ballpark.

The thing is you have to have a good and HONEST chiropractor. I went to one after an accident for about 6 months and let him know I was moving to another state and asked to refer me to someone and then he let me know I should be ok it wouldn't be necessary to find anyone else.

So if I had not asked or been moving....

Tags
chriropractic, massage, migraine headaches
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.