Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Guide

someguy is on a distinguished road
Default Fruits keep molding in my kitchen?

It seems like lately fruit/food starts to mold much quicker then normal.. I leave a lemon out a few days and it starts molding etc..

What could cause food to grow mold more quickly then usual? Is the air in my apartment moldy or something?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:00 AM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

You might habve a lot of mold spores. Also, humidity. Do you use the airconditioner or de humidifier. Also, rinse your fruits off when you bring them in.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Guide

Dont have a de-humidifier but its normally not tooo humid in my place, I do put the AC on at night and it gets chilly..

What would cause an increase in mold spores? Does that mean im breathing them in? How can I get rid of them? I have an air filter.. although I just realized it wasnt turned on ha.. oops
Old 04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

The worse fruit, I've found, for that are strawberries. I have to use them the same day I buy them.

I have an ozonator, less than $200, that I use to clean my produce as soon as I bring it in the house. I just put the produce in a sink of water and let the ozone bubble through it. That does clean the produce, but still does not help with strawberry rot. I'm told that it will allow the produce to last longer. I guess that is true. If if reduces the bacteria/mold/fungus, everything should last longer.

The same is true if you have 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. Using some of that in water should clean produce very well.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Guide

Also.. part of the problem is mold keeps growing in my trash can.. I have a normal trash can and recycling, but it takes me a while to fill up the trash can and I fill it mostly with food.. and inevitably mold starts growing after a few days in soggy food.. How can I stop that? Maybe I need a better way of disposing of food.. or something I can spray in the trash can? I have a garbage disposal but its not a good one so it cant handle certain things.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

How to make your own vegetable wash.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4530598_make...able-wash.html
Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Guide

Thanks for the link.. for some reason both my air filters were off for like 2 weeks.. and I didnt realize.. got them baby powered up again.. might buy a small dehumidifer and put it in the kitchen where I have the problem.. then buy or make a anti-fungal spray i can spray into the trash can and around the area to keep it at bay..

My two issues right now are Mold and fruit flies.. ick. I was sneezing up a storm last night.. and ive been sick with mucous/etc wonder if the moldyness played a role.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Guide

Also, how come these same molds down grow inside our bodies? or do they?

Like for example, how come if I go in the shower and get all that steam in my lungs making them nice and moist, then breathe in some mold spores floating in the air, why do my lungs not start growing mold? Does the body protect us against that from happening? I suppose yeast can grow in the body..
Old 04-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Guide

Scary stuff: http://www.americanairandwater.com/p...-awareness.htm

My eyes have been pretty itchy the past few weeks too I was wondering why.. hmmm
Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
perpetual student

Molds/fungi do grow inside your body very well. They especially love it when you do things to make your body more alkaline. For ingestion protection, we have stomach acid. That is our first line of defense. When we get older, we don't produce so much stomach acid. Remember that. Digestive bitters and occasional enzymes will help with that, or apple cider vinegar during a meal.

To protect the lungs, we have carbon dioxide. The respiratory system is one of the many redundant systems that actually adjusts the body's pH. The acid environment will mostly keep bad things in check.

But of course, as all things go, we can be overwhelmed. We know this, because we do get sick. Salmonella, colds, flu, and things we do to ourselves unknowingly. I have been fighting fungus in my nasal sinuses for a long time. Finally getting help from nebulizing with colloidal silver. But obviously, my body did not protect me from that. I grew up in a 200 year old house, and believe many of my problems stem from that old moldy place. Then the fun 60s did not help either.

Household toxins are bad. So watch out for that. When they say perform in a well ventilated area, they really mean it. It is also good to get your shower dry as soon as you can. An open window helps, so does sunlight.

Isn't it amazing how much we say to ourselves, when we grow up, that we shouldn't have done so much bad stuff to ourselves?
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Guide

Good post! Thanks.. hmm so maybe being more alkaline isnt so great!? Yea I just learned how mold can grow in your sinuses.. pretty scary.. but how come you cant wipe it out with .. flushing your sinuses with anti-fungal coconut oil or something? Im thinking about buying a dehumidifier now..

Since today I started thinking about it, ive been on the lookout for mold.. low and behold in my shower, there was a shower scrungie I left and dint use for a while and there was black mold or something similar growing in it.. grosss..
Old 04-27-2011, 06:54 AM
perpetual student

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
Yea I just learned how mold can grow in your sinuses.. pretty scary.. but how come you cant wipe it out with .. flushing your sinuses with anti-fungal coconut oil or something?
I've asked that question over and over and over. I've used MMS and many months of high dosage iodine. I should be sterile by now. I've researched that fungus develops hypha (plural of hyphae). Same thing as roots. When this happens in the intestines, they act like sponges passing larger food molecules through the intestines into the bloodstream and causing leaky gut syndrome. In the sinuses, they are adept at penetrating the tissue so deep that killing the surface fungi is not good enough. The problem with using MMS or anything else like that, is that blood does not get into the sinus tissue very quickly. Those fungi are smart little buggers (pun intended). MMS does not last long enough to get into the sinus tissue. I don't know what's the problem with iodine. Maybe is has not affect with fungi at all. Anyway, if I keep nebulizing daily with colloidal silver, perhaps something will happen.

Both MMS spray and colloidal silver can be used in your shower or anywhere else to get rid of mold and all other bacteria. MMS (chlorine dioxide) is well known to even get rid of anthrax. CS is used in hospitals too.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Observer

lexus2011 is on a distinguished road
Default End Mold

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
Also.. part of the problem is mold keeps growing in my trash can.. I have a normal trash can and recycling, but it takes me a while to fill up the trash can and I fill it mostly with food.. and inevitably mold starts growing after a few days in soggy food.. How can I stop that? Maybe I need a better way of disposing of food.. or something I can spray in the trash can? I have a garbage disposal but its not a good one so it cant handle certain things.
Use plastic bags in garbage cans to prevent mold. When you wash out the garbage can, give it enough time to dry completely before you start to use it again.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Observer

holisticScott is on a distinguished road

@jfh I am also looking for information on making my own CS- do you have any sources??
Old 05-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Enlightener

jbo is on a distinguished road

Humidity is the water vapors in the air and I'm not sure if I would run a dehumidifier in the summer as you'll feel the heat. Air conditioner will reduce the humidity in the air, so if you have a humidity problem it's probably better to run a dehumidifier in the winter and the AC in the summer.
But just pick up a gauge at radio shack that will tell you your relative humidity to see if you have an issue with mold instead of guessing. Most of the gauges you can just turn it on and have it running for days, which will tell you the low and high while you are probably working.

Most of my fruits go bad pretty quick, but most of them I prefer eating frozen. I love frozen grapes and most of my fruits I put in a blender, so pulling things out of the freezer works for me. Bananas I eat at least half of one a day and they are the hardest for me to keep from going bad. I started to buy less yellow bananas lately and buy some greens to hopefully not have the bananas go bad so quickly.

Tags
fruits, mold, spores
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.