#1  
Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Rodneydeeeee Rodneydeeeee is offline
Explorer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 70
Rodneydeeeee is on a distinguished road
Default Pneumonia in child

Our 6 year old son has been home from school since Tuesday. He started with a 101 temp. followed by a stuffy/runny nose. We were able to get the fever down with baths and rags across his forehead but he has been spiking back toward 100-101 atleast once daily since Wednesday. We have been giving him Maty's All Natural Cough Syrup since yesterday. Up until giving him Maty's we were giving him Hyland's cough syrup. Last year during the winter he had pneumonia, so he does have a history. Yesterday and today he started being short of breath when talking and kinda wheezy.



How long would you let this sickness run it's course? Could it be the pneumonia again? If it could be pneumonia, is there a natural way to treat it?

Any recommendations are appricated!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2011, 04:31 PM
kind2creatures's Avatar
kind2creatures kind2creatures is offline
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 6,404
Blog Entries: 47
kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Default

The only thing I would recommend for a child is vitamin C and maybe the herb echinacea. Here's an article recommending coconut oil mixed in food for children with pneumonia.

Echinacea:
http://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Echinacea

Coconut Oil:
http://www.naturalnews.com/025038_co...pneumonia.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
pinballdoctor's Avatar
pinballdoctor pinballdoctor is offline
Lecturer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 1,919
pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneydeeeee View Post
We were able to get the fever down with baths and rags across his forehead but he has been spiking back toward 100-101 atleast once daily since Wednesday.
The body raises the temperature as a defence tactic, and should be allowed to do so, as long as the temperature remains below 103.

Quote:
We have been giving him Maty's All Natural Cough Syrup since yesterday. Up until giving him Maty's we were giving him Hyland's cough syrup.
All cough medicines are garbage and don't work. In fact, it is well known that they are killing children, which is a very good reason not to use them.

Quote:
If it could be pneumonia, is there a natural way to treat it?
Yes, by using colloidal silver and a nebulizer. That way the silver solution gets directly into the lungs where it is needed.

Also, high dose vitamin C several times throughout the day. For a 6 year old I would suggest 500 mg four or five times per day along with quercetin, which is a bioflavonoid, and works in a synergistic manner with the C.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-09-2011, 09:13 AM
otmama's Avatar
otmama otmama is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3
otmama is on a distinguished road
Default

I second the use of silver - we use Guardian Silver Sol. They have a very informative website you can google for more info on how to use the silver for various illnesses.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2011, 02:23 PM
D Bergy D Bergy is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 715
D Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the rough
Default

My son used Nutramedix Cumanda, a natural antibiotic, for his Pneumonia. It got rid of it in a couple of days.

Dan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Cookie's Avatar
Cookie Cookie is offline
Lovin' life~
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: JerSea
Posts: 1,964
Blog Entries: 10
Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneydeeeee View Post
Our 6 year old son has been home from school since Tuesday. He started with a 101 temp. followed by a stuffy/runny nose. We were able to get the fever down with baths and rags across his forehead but he has been spiking back toward 100-101 atleast once daily since Wednesday. We have been giving him Maty's All Natural Cough Syrup since yesterday. Up until giving him Maty's we were giving him Hyland's cough syrup. Last year during the winter he had pneumonia, so he does have a history. Yesterday and today he started being short of breath when talking and kinda wheezy.

How long would you let this sickness run it's course? Could it be the pneumonia again? If it could be pneumonia, is there a natural way to treat it?

Any recommendations are appricated!
Unfortunately, kids pass it back & forth so easily at school and it isn't unusual for children to have a relapse. I went through this with my daughter when she was a little squirt.
The best thing to do is make him rest, drink water, use cool mist for sleeping, and stay away from cough suppressants. The idea is to expel phlegm, not suppress it as the body attempts to draw out viral/bacterial organisms that are causing the problem.
Since he's only 6, best to have him checked if it is pneumonia...... as pneumonia is bacterial...


***Just realized this was from the beginning of the month. Hopefully he's better by now!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
children, congestion, fever, pneumonia
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
long week, some bad (pneumonia) and some good! just me Children's Health 4 02-15-2011 06:30 AM
Snacks for Diabetic Child (?) David2010 Children's Health 7 10-02-2010 04:39 PM
Zinc fights pneumonia greenmom Vitamins & Supplements 1 12-06-2009 10:25 AM
Child Allergies drop almost 90% with Fish Oil RCannon Children's Health 0 07-09-2009 04:19 PM