Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Alternative Therapies

Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Hopping into puddles

hoppipolla is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hoppipolla Send a message via MSN to hoppipolla Send a message via Yahoo to hoppipolla Send a message via Skype™ to hoppipolla

I think I'll join in here too as I've been struggling with what is likely Candida for some time (maybe 2 and a half years or more).

I am currently on an improved diet and mainly just very high strength olive leaf extract (also strong probiotics, some Kolorex, and intend to remove my 2 amalgam fillings and stuff as soon as I can). I am very interested in lufenuron and fluconazole and am considering giving these a go (fluconazole always seems so expensive though). I intend on staying on the olive leaf permanently (due to success stories and it's combined effect on blood sugar, the immune system, and candida directly). However... other than that I am 100% sick and tired of diets and guesswork. I think treatments like lufenuron are well along the right lines as they hit Candida somewhere it really hurts. I can't help but wonder if there is another component of Candida as crucial as chitin but as unused by humans that could be blocked as well, just for good measure!!

As it is, I intend to get lufenuron asap so at the very least Candida will be greatly weakened

Mike
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post
jfh, are you taking an antifungal medicine at the same time like diflucan or micronazole or something... the therory is that the breakage of the chitan will make the medicines more effective and that the lufeneron and med will work together.
I'm trying not to delve to far into the world of medicine. Lufeneron is supposed to be harmless, but antifungal pharms are not. I've already tried Diflucan 3 times in the last 2 years. That's enough. I suspect my fungus is not only candida but also aspergillus, which I consider to be worse.

I'm taking Pau d'Arco, chaparral, olive leaf extract, undecylenic acid, horipito, caprylic acid, and more colloidal silver than usual. That better be enough, or I will have to reevaluate my feelings for alternative meds. The biggest problem will alternatives is determining how much and how long and what goes together. But your organs and glands are preserved.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Hopping into puddles

hoppipolla is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hoppipolla Send a message via MSN to hoppipolla Send a message via Yahoo to hoppipolla Send a message via Skype™ to hoppipolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
I'm trying not to delve to far into the world of medicine. Lufeneron is supposed to be harmless, but antifungal pharms are not. I've already tried Diflucan 3 times in the last 2 years. That's enough. I suspect my fungus is not only candida but also aspergillus, which I consider to be worse.

I'm taking Pau d'Arco, chaparral, olive leaf extract, undecylenic acid, horipito, caprylic acid, and more colloidal silver than usual. That better be enough, or I will have to reevaluate my feelings for alternative meds. The biggest problem will alternatives is determining how much and how long and what goes together. But your organs and glands are preserved.
whoa that's so much! I can't afford many.

Yeah I'm uneasy about fluconazole and stuff too. I'm going to try a couple of tabs soon (it's tricky to get hold of more than that without prescription so I thought I'd just try) and see how I react.

Olive leaf, lufenuron, grapefruit seed extract, probiotics and fluconazole are the ones most in my sights atm.

I think we need to understand more about the structure of fungal infections like Candida too... things like inhibiting chitin seem very smart to me and much closer to a cure than anything else.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

So you think there is aspergillus overgrowth?

I had a patient once who had a blue discharge out of her tracheostomy. I had to have the family or other nurse call the doc numerous times (I was the night nurse on a home care case) They just couldn't believe what we was seeing and it went on for weeks before they finally did anything about it. They kept insisting someone in the family was feeding her blue popsicles regardless of our insistance not... she had an aspergillus overgrowth.. don't know if all forms of aspergillus are blue though. I had only seen it that one time.

While thinking about blue, have you ever tried flushing your sinus with the classic blue formula for dogs ear candida infection? ... made with gentian violet and Boric acid if I remember right and isopropol alcohol but you could probably figure out something else for that part.... like just pain water for I know the gentian violet and boric acid dont need it to be effective.

It worked like a charm on my dogs candida ears.

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/Adob...0Treatment.pdf
Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Reader

helpmyprostate is on a distinguished road

Hey jfh how is it going? I am both curious about your health and the effect of lufeneron on it. Have you had any die to speak of?

I have almost had this suppressed with extreme diet and immune strength. However I have had an extremely stressful week and lost my step. My stomach reacted terribly and the symptoms I have returned slightly. I am still depressed but over the panic attack.

I wonder if anybody could touch on stress during the fight to rebalance the body.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:07 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I am only in my first week. I could not tell if I have detox reaction, because it is now cedar fever time in central Texas. My immune system is being severely tested. I'm getting only 3 to 4 hours sleep. Even antihistamines are worthless, and I even tried a homeopathic remedy that seems to help a lot of people. I even drank juniper berry tea for a while. Nothing ever works for me.

The male mountain cedars (junipers) put out so much pollen that it looks like smoke from a fire. I live in a forest of them. http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/C...ral-Texas-hard
Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Reader

How we doing JFH? Any die off? I hope you are doing better. At least you have the sun shine in texas..
Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 PM
perpetual student

How about you helpmyprostate? You haven't reported.

I could not tell it I have die off, because of the cedar pollen problem around here. Won't go away for a few more weeks. Any die off would show up in my sinuses for sure as always. So there is competition with the juniper pollen, which is like a fog around here.

I'm having a saliva and stool test done. I'll report when I get it. I can match it against one that I did in August.

I'm also taking powdered pomegranate, which has the ellasic acid which also inhibits the growth of chitin.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Servant

hobo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info on this thread, I was just doing some readings on the net a few days ago about Candida, as I think my wife might be suffering from it. On one of the sites I was reading, an alternative method of home testing for it, it was suggested that you can clean the mouth good before going to bed, and the 1st thing in the morning, is to spit is a small glass of distilled water, [at room temperature] and then let the glass sit for 12 hrs. to see if the spit grows strings, and if Candida is strong enough, the spit will even sink to bottom..
Anyone have any intell on this home testing method? or is it quackery?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
Anyone have any intell on this home testing method? or is it quackery?
Spit Test: Reliable Candida diagnosis?

In vitro antimicrobial properties of coconut oil on Candida species This may be why people find Coconut oil pulling (where you hold CO in your mouth and swish it about between your teeth) is helpful as is using CO in diet.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

jfh, I have found pycogenol in hefty dosage to be helpful with mountain cedar and juniper allergy
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM
perpetual student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post
jfh, I have found pycogenol in hefty dosage to be helpful with mountain cedar and juniper allergy
Thanks. I will try that the next time I go to Natural Grocers. Nice that I can get such stuff locally.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Reader

Jfh I hope you are doing better. I have not started because I am doing well with diet and immune system. I had muscle testing and was told to wait 5 weeks before taking diflucan again. As for now I will just be in your corner wishing you the best.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:13 PM
perpetual student

Hey, I got my stool and saliva tests back. They faxed them to me and the Dr.

I had the same test in August, so that's a good benchmark before lufeneron. The stool test required two samples 3 days apart, and I was not to have any probiotic supplement 3 days before or during the tests.

August showed:
negative for milk, soy, and egg (negative is good)
gliadin (gluten test) was 2, which is very good. 13 is borderline
Ova & parasites. No ova or parasites, but many yeasts.
moderate mixed gram negative and positive
non-pathogenic E-coli moderate
total SIgA (immune system) 9 depressed - should be at least 25

Jan 2012 showed (after luferenon)
still negative for millk, soy, egg
DHT (testosterone test) very high for my age
gliadin (gluten test) 9 negative. still not even borderline
Ova & parasites. No ova or parasites, no isolated yeasts
moderate mixed gram negative and positive
non-pathogenic E-coli moderate
total SIgA (immune system) 10 depressed - should be at least 25

So I'm satisfied with the luferenon function.

It seems my secretory IgA is depressed. I don't know what would be depressing this. The Dr has me taking colostrum and thymic glandular.

I'd say luferenon is a success, and I should do it twice a year to be sure. As well as taking the pomegranate, which has ellasic acid that performs the same function as luferenon plus other benefits.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 AM
perpetual student

I answered your PM. I'm not real satisfied with the luferenon. Would prefer Diflucan or Nizoral, if it comes back with force. I'll try to maintain it with colloidal silver and coconut oil and pomegranate.

Tags
candida, chronic, lufenuron
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.