Old 06-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Reader

sparky90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristeza View Post
Hey Guys,

This week has been pretty good. I still have minor symptoms throughout the day here and there, but they are way less severe. Usually after urinating. The baths and massage help so much! I have been eating whatever healthy food I want. So I do not believe it is IC. I had a wet dream the other night. I guess from not ejaculation in about two weeks. Sucks, because I would have rather used that with my wife. Anyways, I was going to wait to update at about two weeks because that would have been the longest I have gone without having a major flare. I definitely feel like it is a muscular thing with me. I have noticed my symptoms are worse day or night lying in bed. Probably because I am not distracted from thoughts (causing me to tense up). When the pain starts I begin massaging the perineum area and feel better almost immediately. I feel like I am getting better though.

Sounds really good, man! Don't worry about the wet dream I doubt it was any substantial amount of force to throw you into a huge flare and you could probably attest to this as you have been fine now a few days after. I'd definitely keep up the baths. I noticed that after a long day I'd get some pain too while laying in bed at night. In fact, it was worse when I was laying on my left side as opposed to my right, and ironically when I used to get the internal trigger point therapy, my therapist confirmed that my left obturator internus muscle was way more tense than my right. The pain after urination is understandable as all of these muscles in the perineum as well as the urethral sphincter, etc need to relax to allow you to urinate, then need to contract again to "seal you up" so you don't piss yourself, lol. Also, I highly doubt it is IC related at all, as you would have severe bladder pain and potentially be urinating blood after eating any of the trigger foods.

Keep up the good work!

-Sparky
Old 06-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Observer

tristeza is on a distinguished road

Had sex the other night and have felt ok since. No major flares just mild discomfort here and there. Sparky I had a question for you. I wanted to start working out to gain back some muscle I lost. I was going to stick to a clean bulk (just enough calories to gain muscle with little fat gain). Also I was going to stick to home workouts with dumbbells. Do you think this will hurt my recovery? I figure the daily workouts will take about half hour to forty five minutes. And what about ab workouts? Good or bad for this condition? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Reader

Quote:
Had sex the other night and have felt ok since. No major flares just mild discomfort here and there. Sparky I had a question for you. I wanted to start working out to gain back some muscle I lost. I was going to stick to a clean bulk (just enough calories to gain muscle with little fat gain). Also I was going to stick to home workouts with dumbbells. Do you think this will hurt my recovery? I figure the daily workouts will take about half hour to forty five minutes. And what about ab workouts? Good or bad for this condition? Thanks in advance.

I don't see a problem with this. Just make sure your nutrition is dialed in and you are getting enough sleep. Lifting is strenuous and the last thing you want is to get CNS fatigue from lack of sleep and poor intake of nutrients (mostly protein). I remember having some discomfort after workouts for a while, nothing major though. This was probably because I was squeezing all those muscles while lifting heavy weights. Maybe either try to start with lighter weights and work your way up, or really try to focus on not clenching down there while lifting. Ab workouts I really am not sure about, but once again as long as you aren't squeezing/clenching in the affected muscles I don't see why not. Once again, easing into it is probably the best choice.

Glad to hear you were able to have sex with no flare up. Also, very awesome how nonchalantly you describe your pain as just "mild discomfort here and there". This is how it happened for me too, and once I diminished its importance, it stopped bothering me so much, and eventually went away. Seems like you are doing an awesome job of keeping your mind off of it and on other more productive things. Sounds like you are on the right track, man!

-Sparky
Old 06-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Observer

I really am feeling better physically and mentally. I really believe a lot has to do with the mind frame change. I felt so hopeless a month ago. Now I am full of realistic hope. I could live a pretty normal life with the discomfort as it is now. But for me that is not good enough. I really want to be close to 100% pain free. I feel like as soon as I got this my life changed completely. I went from being active to laying in bed on life support. I know what will heal me is time spent changing this pattern.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Reader

Quote:
I really am feeling better physically and mentally. I really believe a lot has to do with the mind frame change. I felt so hopeless a month ago. Now I am full of realistic hope. I could live a pretty normal life with the discomfort as it is now. But for me that is not good enough. I really want to be close to 100% pain free. I feel like as soon as I got this my life changed completely. I went from being active to laying in bed on life support. I know what will heal me is time spent changing this pattern.
Yes! I felt exactly the same way, believe me. It was tolerable, but I realized that I had not suffered any severe injury or cause any severe damage to my body, so with the proper steps, the idea of a full recovery was not so farfetched. The key is definitely breaking the mental pattern and allowing time to pass and your body to heal. Once you realize there is a light at the end of the tunnel and this won't be forever, the recovery really becomes much easier. Keep up the baths for a while though. Use those 15 minutes to really relax and take some time away from every day stresses in your life. Believe me, this helps a lot, and this is coming from someone who is not at all into meditation or anything of the sort. Although I do not take hot baths anymore, I regularly find myself standing in a hot shower for longer than normal just relaxing and enjoying the hot water as if I was in a jacuzzi. Heat is an awesome thing!

-Sparky
Old 06-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Observer

Totally. I haven't missed a hot bath since I started a few weeks ago. Also trying to consciously relax that area has seemed to help. I have also been stretching my hamstrings and glutes. I think my biggest and only problem is tensing in that area when urinating. I have been doing better. I sit down to pee and read something, making sure I am engaged in the writings before I start to urinate. Sounds silly but it has helped.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Reader

Quote:
Totally. I haven't missed a hot bath since I started a few weeks ago. Also trying to consciously relax that area has seemed to help. I have also been stretching my hamstrings and glutes. I think my biggest and only problem is tensing in that area when urinating. I have been doing better. I sit down to pee and read something, making sure I am engaged in the writings before I start to urinate. Sounds silly but it has helped.

Whatever works man that's good that you have found your own strategies that work best for you. Everyone is different. Out of curiosity, when you say you are tensing up when urinating, do you mean your stream is weak? If so, this was the same for me for quite some time, but I can assure you I am once again back to normal and my stream is stronger than ever, haha.

-Sparky
Old 06-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Observer

Yes my stream sometimes is weak. I feel like that makes my symptoms worse. I feel like in the past I have had such anxiety with peeing that I tense up down there during. I can tell because when I am tensing (not on purpose) my stream is weak and I feel a discomfort afterwards. I am definitely getting better in that regard.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Reader

Quote:
Yes my stream sometimes is weak. I feel like that makes my symptoms worse. I feel like in the past I have had such anxiety with peeing that I tense up down there during. I can tell because when I am tensing (not on purpose) my stream is weak and I feel a discomfort afterwards. I am definitely getting better in that regard.

Yeah that gradually got better for me. What happens is that tensing becomes habitual due to the the frequent urination symptoms. This causes us to tense because of anxiety about our situation as well as just the natural ways of the body of preventing urine leakage if that makes sense. I also think that a lot of the urination frequency comes from relearned (not good) bladder habits causing us to think we have to urinate much sooner than when our bladder is actually at appropriate capacity. You should regain normality in regards to this over time. Once again I think simply not thinking about it makes a huge difference, as this increased my urination frequency from minutes to hours believe it or not.

-Sparky
Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Observer

Me too. If I am distracted throughout the day I will urinate 3 times. If I am not distracted I will urinate 10 times a day. I completely agree with you.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Reader

Quote:
Me too. If I am distracted throughout the day I will urinate 3 times. If I am not distracted I will urinate 10 times a day. I completely agree with you.

Awesome! I have been trying to stress the fact that A LOT of these cases are not infectious for a long time, but it is very, very difficult for people to believe it. I wish more people would be open-minded about the situation, because I really believe many of the cases are muscular. Hopefully more people that are searching for answers end up here and can see these discussions.

-Sparky
Old 06-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Observer

The mind is powerful thing! I'm sure the ancient Romans new this. They prescribed hot baths for everything. Stress causes so many problems with your health.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Observer

Sparky, how are you with sex and ejaculating now. How often can you have it? Do you not hold back ejaculating anymore? Are you able to go twice in row? Not holding back makes it harder for my wife to orgasm. Right now I am too scared to ejaculate two times in one session. Also today besides right after my first morning pee was a pain free day. I also booked a 5 day beach vacation for next month!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Reader

Quote:
Sparky, how are you with sex and ejaculating now. How often can you have it? Do you not hold back ejaculating anymore? Are you able to go twice in row? Not holding back makes it harder for my wife to orgasm. Right now I am too scared to ejaculate two times in one session. Also today besides right after my first morning pee was a pain free day. I also booked a 5 day beach vacation for next month!

All of the things you have mentioned I am able to do with no problems. But, like with anything else, holding back too much, or too much sex in a given time period can probably cramp your muscles up again so just take it slow until you figure out your limits. Everything in moderation, brother.

It's really good that you are thinking about the future as well. I remember for quite some time I would start to do this and even still had some fear that making any commitments was a bad idea because eventually the pain may return. It was almost like there was still some small little part of me that couldn't break free from the "prostatitis life" of suffering that I had become accustomed to. Just know that as time goes on, this goes away. I am 150% back to my normal life. Everything seems risky at first, but eventually you completely drift away from the whole situation and it almost seems as if it never even happened. So keep thinking about the future. It is very good that you are already doing so. And just reassure yourself every day, even if you have a minor flare up, that you are on the right path.

-Sparky
Old 06-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Observer

Hey Guys,

So this week has definitely been my best week so far. I just felt good down there. I did however have a flareup this afternoon that lasted a few hours. Some burning in my bladder and urgency. I have been stressed since yesterday (didn't realize I had been) so I believe this is why I flared. I am feeling a lot better now as I type. This is a reminder that I really can't let stress linger. Also, I have been extremely horney and have been trying to only have sex (ejaculate) once a week. I find that to be very challenging. I am very sexually attracted to my wife. I find myself fighting it back all the time. But I do believe I have to let that area heal. One thing to note is that I feel like I am getting more muscle spasms down there lately. No pain associated with it. I also think (not 100% sure) that I figured out how to relax my pelvic floor muscles. I'm working on that. The one symptom I do have nightly is a heaviness in the rectum area. Anyways I'm going to go take a bath.

Tags
discharge, massage, pain, prostatitis, rectum, testicles, urethra
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.