#1426  
Old 05-21-2013, 10:16 AM
sam87 sam87 is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gulf area
Posts: 11
sam87 is on a distinguished road
Default Any new Ideas?

Guyss Any news any new Healing process ? what is the most anti inflammatory drugs works ,
Reply With Quote
  #1427  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:45 PM
sow&reap sow&reap is offline
Explorer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 86
sow&reap is on a distinguished road
Default

hey

dont try to treat inflammation - try to treat underlying issue......

I recommend ultrasound as the best way to treat inflammation down 'there' BUT check with doc first

Three extra strength IBUprofen works for me......but who would want to live on those...

all the best!
Reply With Quote
  #1428  
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM
its me!! IWBT its me!! IWBT is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 48
its me!! IWBT is on a distinguished road
Default

since I have been treating this as IBS I FOUND A LOT OF RELIEF not 100% but at least 91%
Reply With Quote
  #1429  
Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
sam87 sam87 is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gulf area
Posts: 11
sam87 is on a distinguished road
Default

Its me IWBT what is IBS ?

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1430  
Old 05-23-2013, 03:02 PM
sparky90's Avatar
sparky90 sparky90 is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 138
sparky90 is on a distinguished road
Default

How is everyone doing? I see this thread has reached almost 100 pages and simply do not have the time to go back and read much. I apologize greatly for not being around here for nearly a year, but life has gone on and I must say you really do push this aside once you have reached a point where you are "cured" in your mind. I use the word "cured" very cautiously as I truly believe that the definition of a cure is unique to each and every one of us. This is because I believe what is being discussed on this forum, as well as hundreds of others all around the world, is actually a combination of many different "ailments" ranging from true bacterial prostatitis to muscular injuries. I do not like the word disease, and refuse to use it to describe this as more times than not diseases are not curable, whereas this is. Unfortunately, modern day medicine is not practiced by the most compassionate of people, as I'm sure we have all encountered careless doctors along our journeys. But there are many wonderful people out there that are willing to help, and are open-minded. I myself have been through the whole 9 yards with this mystery pain, and I too was at rock bottom, hopeless and without belief that I would ever reach a point where I was beyond this. I was wrong. It's as simple as that. This is most definitely beatable. Like I said, this whole umbrella term dubbed "prostatitis" is really just that. It is an umbrella term used to describe many different causes of pelvic pain.

I would bet my last breath that my symptoms were due to muscular tension and pudendal nerve neuropathy (not even entrapment as I once believed) from long distance cycling and heavy weight lifting such as squatting. If I had not drove myself insane with searching the internet and reading all the horror stories, I may have figured this out sooner. I too have had all the tests, all the antibiotics, all the "treatments". Some stuff did help, such as pelvic floor therapy and active release massage/myofascial release from a sports doctor. But taking time off from these activities, and time, are what helped the most. Time has completely healed me. I mean this in the most non-cliche way possible. Taking a break from the problematic activities and allowing my body to do what it needed to do to heal is what cured me. Now this may be different for all of you whether your situation is bacterial or muscular or whatever. But my point is, for one second, take a break from all the poking and prodding of your body, taking countless bacterial tests, ingesting countless pills/medications/supplements, and from stressing to all hell about this, and really assess your life up to the onset of symptoms. Being a highly, highly, potentially over-motivated individual, I thought I was just going above and beyond with the amount of physical exertion and exercise I was doing, when in reality, it was a long time of buildup, until I eventually broke down and the symptoms started.

It's been almost 3 years now since my symptoms began (if I remember correctly, I honestly cannot even remember anymore as I barely think about this anymore). I am back to my normal life. Lifting weights and running (more cautiously of course). I am back to school, back to work, back to pursuing goals and dreams. I say this not to brag to anyone here, but to inspire. I want you all to seriously assess your situations individually. Stop trying fit square pegs into round holes. If this ailment was that uniform, the doctors would be able to help you much more than they can.

I am not a doctor, but I am very knowledgeable of this entire situation due to months and months of self-education on medications, musculature, symptoms, etc. So please feel free to message me with questions or post them here and I will do my best to help all of you as much as I can. I cannot promise that I will frequent these boards as much as I used to, but I will make an attempt to check in here at least once a week, if not a few times. Many people here inspired me along my journey, such as Iwillbecured and a few others. These guys were very knowledgeable and inspiring when I too was just starting out with this and I'd like to say thank you to them for all of that.

Sorry for the rant, but do not give up hope! That's my message to you guys through this whole book I just typed, haha.

- Sparky out.
Reply With Quote
  #1431  
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 PM
sam87 sam87 is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gulf area
Posts: 11
sam87 is on a distinguished road
Default

You did not tell us how is your symptoms now and what is the latest regime you use ?
Thank you sparky
Reply With Quote
  #1432  
Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
sparky90's Avatar
sparky90 sparky90 is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 138
sparky90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam87 View Post
You did not tell us how is your symptoms now and what is the latest regime you use ?
Thank you sparky

I have absolutely no symptoms and haven't for as long as I can remember. I am not using anything special to aid in this. Perhaps my active lifestyle of manual labor work and frequent exercise along with a fairly clean diet have something to do with it, but I'd bet more on the fact that I have recovered from the injury I had. I am by no means overly strict pertaining to my lifestyle. Like I have mentioned, my case was definitely of the muscular nature, but others may not be. In lieu of starting an argument on the board, I do want to make a point that I believe many of these cases are in fact muscular rather than infectious, at least in the long term on-going cases. This is not to say that many cases haven't started with an infection in the very early stages, as anything like this could completely throw the musculature and nerves out of whack, which you can read about in the many pelvic pain books/articles. There are an extreme amount of nerve endings in the pelvic/genital region, which is ideal when it comes to pleasure sensations, but recipe for disaster when it comes to illness. But it is important to understand that many of the people who deal with this (myself included) have been on so many prolonged courses of antibiotics that any sort of infection should have been completely obliterated, and you must ask yourself if continuing down this road is doing more harm than good both in terms of developing antimicrobial resistance as well as the ill effects it has on the good bacteria in your body. I know there is much belief that so many people are walking around with dormant infectious bacteria in their prostates, and although I do believe this is prevalent in certain cases, I do believe it is much less common than most people think.

A key indicator for me all along that really told me that it was muscular was the fact that warm baths would completely alleviate my symptoms for a while. Also upon waking from sleep or a nap, I would be absolutely pain free, most likely from the complete relaxation of the muscles during this time. My pain would then come on gradually throughout my waking hours. Also, I had complete resolution of symptoms when I took a muscle relaxer such as Diazepam (Valium). I also came up negative on every type of test for infection that I had ever received and my prostate was never enlarged or inflamed upon examination.

But like I said, each case can be a completely unique experience, and ultimately the best advocate for each person is only that person. Nobody knows your body better than you do, nor are they able to connect specific events in your daily routine or life, to your situation, which is a key step in moving towards the CORRECT healing process. Unfortunately, in today's day and age, we have learned to expect immediate gratification, but the reality is that sometimes there is no magic pill to fix you.

What are you currently dealing with as far as symptoms, Sam?
Reply With Quote
  #1433  
Old 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM
tristeza tristeza is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
tristeza is on a distinguished road
Default

Sparky, I believe your theory pertains to my case.

My experience with this started in the beginning of September 2012. I woke up one morning with a really bad fever. By the next day I had all the classic symptoms of a bad UTI.

1. Burning during urination
2. Urinary Urgencey
3. Blood in the last few drops of urine

The three days when my symptoms were at there worst I was overwhelmed with stress, pain, and anxiety. The pain in my penis and bladder was the worst pain I have ever felt. I thought I had prostatitis (thinking UTI's in men are rare). I went to my General practitioner who assured me it was a UTI, and prescribed me 14 days of cipro. Within a day I was 85% better. Within a week my symptoms were gone. Towards the end of the cipro prescription I started noticing a little burning at the tip of my penis. Not much at all. In fact when I was younger even in my teens I remember feeling this occasionally. It lasted about a day. After this "infection" I was so scared it would happen again. To the point that I would obsess over it at times. Not to side track, but let me give you a little 2012 background info.

I was 33 and my wife got pregnant with our first child in January. I was so happy and scared. In April she got a really bad respiratory infection that lasted the whole pregnancy. This caused me soooo much stress. I always worried that she would have a miscarriage or die during childbirth. Another stress-er for me was that we were having a home birth. My wife and I are very "natural" in our views and ways of living. Eating very little processed foods, making sure to eat enough fruits and vegetables, supplementing when necessary, exercising, etc. Even so, I was still freaked out that something would go wrong. Our son was born healthy with no complications on September 30 at home. But I let myself worry way too much that year. Whether I realized it or not I have always been like that. When I was twelve I started having panic attacks that carried on for a few years. Then I started partying and dating and all the anxiety disappeared. As soon as my mind was distracted from the anxiety I was a new person.
Another factor in 2012 was the heavy weightlifting and bulking diet I was on. Although I ate healthy, I was eating close to 4000 calories a day, and obsessively weight lifting 5 days a week. In January 2012 I weighed 150lbs, but by November that same year I weighed 200lbs. I gained a lot of muscle mass but also a lot fat. Another possible trigger is the way that my wife and I have sex. For years I have held ejaculation back while having sex to let her orgasm first. I believe this might have been the most important cause.

So to summarize I believe I may have had a UTI in Sept. 2012 or an acute prostate infection. Probably brought on by emotional and physical stress I experienced that year. Whatever it was it was cured from the cipro.

Almost three months later on November 23rd 2012 I woke up with pressure in my rectum. Almost like I had to pass gas or defecate but I couldn't. My whole body was sore as well. I immediately thought I was getting another UTI or prostate infection. I freaked out. I started researching online to the point where my wife was getting pissed off at me. I waited about two weeks to go see the same doctor I had seen previously for my September issue. She said it sounded like an antibiotic resistant UTI or prostate infection. They sent my urine off to be cultured (which seven days later came back negative for bacteria). So she prescribed me 14 days of bactrim. I remember asking if she thought that was enough and she said she would extend the script if my symptoms were not better by then. Two weeks later I had not improved. My symptoms were a little worse. I started noticing additional symptoms as well:

1. Urinating more frequently
2. My penis tip was cold
3. My scrotum would tighten up a lot more than what I thought was normal.

I called the doctors office and spoke with a different physician who extended the bactrim an extra two weeks and wanted me to call her with my progress in a week. A week later my symptoms were the same so made an appointment with the new doctor. She gave me a DRE and said my prostate felt boggy. She also tested for STD's which came back negative. She diagnosed me with prostatitis and prescribed me cipro for a month. I finished the whole script and while on the cipro my previous symptoms felt a little better, but I unfortunately started experiencing additional symptoms:

4. Burning or stinging pain in my bladder, urethra, and penis.
5. Testicular pain

After a few days off the cipro all my symptoms came back. I decided then that I would not take anymore antibiotics. I started thinking like a lot of other people do that a I had a stubborn infection in my prostate. My life at this point was miserable. I was flaring most the time. I had stopped working out. I didn't enjoy having sex. I remember reading online that most cases clear or get better by about three months. At three months I still felt the same. Some days my symptoms were very diminished. But for the most part I was not making a marked improvement.

In March of this year I had about two weeks where I felt pretty good. I thought I was finally getting over this. But my symptoms again returned. It felt like as soon as I would make progress I would then digress. At this time I tried doing the broccoli protocol. The first few days I felt a noticeable improvement in urinary urgency and frequency. I would have finished the protocol but it gave me such bad diarrhea that lasted a whole week. Sometime in April I decided to try an elimination diet thinking that foods I was eating were exacerbating the problem. I was starting to feel better the first few days of eating only turkey rice and applesauce. But after three or four days I was starting to flare up again and would stay that way through the whole diet which lasted about a month. I decided to just continue eating a balanced healthy diet avoiding caffeine, citrus, alcohol, and other common triggers.

Come May I started walking a lot and noticed that I felt better afterwards. Not much but some improvement. I also tried having sex no more then twice a week which also seemed to help. But two weeks ago I was having sex with my wife and before I came I remember tensing up my groin muscles (as to hold back ejaculation). I hadn't done this since my battle with this started. This caused me to have my first painful ejaculation. Before this I would feel an hour or two of relief from ejaculating. But after this I hurt pretty bad for a week. Which leads us to this week. My wife and I stayed at my parents for a few days. While there I read your post Sparky. It cemented in my head and made me recount my whole experience with this. I believe my case is muscular and maybe post inflammation from a previous infection. I am so hypersensitive to my body. I think I have serious trouble relaxing. I like you would wake up and feel so much improvement in my symptoms. Sure enough as the day progressed so did my pain. I read that you felt better after baths so I decided to try it while at my parents. I have never been a bath person, but I took one yesterday and today and my urine flow and pain is way better. Better than it has felt in months. In the bath I had no pain whatsoever. I can't believe I did not try this previously. In the past through researching and prowling the forums I didn't discount that this could be muscular, but I didn't pursue it. I think the doom and gloom inside of me just excepted that it was an infection that I would have to learn to live with. So I will be taking hot baths everyday, changing my attitude about my condition, and trying to eliminate stress. Also, I forgot to add that coincidentally I started massaging my perineum area a few times a day the past couple weeks. After doing this I feel a lot better for an hour or so. I believe this is another indication that it could be muscular. Thank you so much for posting Sparky.
Reply With Quote
  #1434  
Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 PM
sparky90's Avatar
sparky90 sparky90 is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 138
sparky90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristeza View Post
Sparky, I believe your theory pertains to my case.

My experience with this started in the beginning of September 2012. I woke up one morning with a really bad fever. By the next day I had all the classic symptoms of a bad UTI.

1. Burning during urination
2. Urinary Urgencey
3. Blood in the last few drops of urine

The three days when my symptoms were at there worst I was overwhelmed with stress, pain, and anxiety. The pain in my penis and bladder was the worst pain I have ever felt. I thought I had prostatitis (thinking UTI's in men are rare). I went to my General practitioner who assured me it was a UTI, and prescribed me 14 days of cipro. Within a day I was 85% better. Within a week my symptoms were gone. Towards the end of the cipro prescription I started noticing a little burning at the tip of my penis. Not much at all. In fact when I was younger even in my teens I remember feeling this occasionally. It lasted about a day. After this "infection" I was so scared it would happen again. To the point that I would obsess over it at times. Not to side track, but let me give you a little 2012 background info.

I was 33 and my wife got pregnant with our first child in January. I was so happy and scared. In April she got a really bad respiratory infection that lasted the whole pregnancy. This caused me soooo much stress. I always worried that she would have a miscarriage or die during childbirth. Another stress-er for me was that we were having a home birth. My wife and I are very "natural" in our views and ways of living. Eating very little processed foods, making sure to eat enough fruits and vegetables, supplementing when necessary, exercising, etc. Even so, I was still freaked out that something would go wrong. Our son was born healthy with no complications on September 30 at home. But I let myself worry way too much that year. Whether I realized it or not I have always been like that. When I was twelve I started having panic attacks that carried on for a few years. Then I started partying and dating and all the anxiety disappeared. As soon as my mind was distracted from the anxiety I was a new person.
Another factor in 2012 was the heavy weightlifting and bulking diet I was on. Although I ate healthy, I was eating close to 4000 calories a day, and obsessively weight lifting 5 days a week. In January 2012 I weighed 150lbs, but by November that same year I weighed 200lbs. I gained a lot of muscle mass but also a lot fat. Another possible trigger is the way that my wife and I have sex. For years I have held ejaculation back while having sex to let her orgasm first. I believe this might have been the most important cause.

So to summarize I believe I may have had a UTI in Sept. 2012 or an acute prostate infection. Probably brought on by emotional and physical stress I experienced that year. Whatever it was it was cured from the cipro.

Almost three months later on November 23rd 2012 I woke up with pressure in my rectum. Almost like I had to pass gas or defecate but I couldn't. My whole body was sore as well. I immediately thought I was getting another UTI or prostate infection. I freaked out. I started researching online to the point where my wife was getting pissed off at me. I waited about two weeks to go see the same doctor I had seen previously for my September issue. She said it sounded like an antibiotic resistant UTI or prostate infection. They sent my urine off to be cultured (which seven days later came back negative for bacteria). So she prescribed me 14 days of bactrim. I remember asking if she thought that was enough and she said she would extend the script if my symptoms were not better by then. Two weeks later I had not improved. My symptoms were a little worse. I started noticing additional symptoms as well:

1. Urinating more frequently
2. My penis tip was cold
3. My scrotum would tighten up a lot more than what I thought was normal.

I called the doctors office and spoke with a different physician who extended the bactrim an extra two weeks and wanted me to call her with my progress in a week. A week later my symptoms were the same so made an appointment with the new doctor. She gave me a DRE and said my prostate felt boggy. She also tested for STD's which came back negative. She diagnosed me with prostatitis and prescribed me cipro for a month. I finished the whole script and while on the cipro my previous symptoms felt a little better, but I unfortunately started experiencing additional symptoms:

4. Burning or stinging pain in my bladder, urethra, and penis.
5. Testicular pain

After a few days off the cipro all my symptoms came back. I decided then that I would not take anymore antibiotics. I started thinking like a lot of other people do that a I had a stubborn infection in my prostate. My life at this point was miserable. I was flaring most the time. I had stopped working out. I didn't enjoy having sex. I remember reading online that most cases clear or get better by about three months. At three months I still felt the same. Some days my symptoms were very diminished. But for the most part I was not making a marked improvement.

In March of this year I had about two weeks where I felt pretty good. I thought I was finally getting over this. But my symptoms again returned. It felt like as soon as I would make progress I would then digress. At this time I tried doing the broccoli protocol. The first few days I felt a noticeable improvement in urinary urgency and frequency. I would have finished the protocol but it gave me such bad diarrhea that lasted a whole week. Sometime in April I decided to try an elimination diet thinking that foods I was eating were exacerbating the problem. I was starting to feel better the first few days of eating only turkey rice and applesauce. But after three or four days I was starting to flare up again and would stay that way through the whole diet which lasted about a month. I decided to just continue eating a balanced healthy diet avoiding caffeine, citrus, alcohol, and other common triggers.

Come May I started walking a lot and noticed that I felt better afterwards. Not much but some improvement. I also tried having sex no more then twice a week which also seemed to help. But two weeks ago I was having sex with my wife and before I came I remember tensing up my groin muscles (as to hold back ejaculation). I hadn't done this since my battle with this started. This caused me to have my first painful ejaculation. Before this I would feel an hour or two of relief from ejaculating. But after this I hurt pretty bad for a week. Which leads us to this week. My wife and I stayed at my parents for a few days. While there I read your post Sparky. It cemented in my head and made me recount my whole experience with this. I believe my case is muscular and maybe post inflammation from a previous infection. I am so hypersensitive to my body. I think I have serious trouble relaxing. I like you would wake up and feel so much improvement in my symptoms. Sure enough as the day progressed so did my pain. I read that you felt better after baths so I decided to try it while at my parents. I have never been a bath person, but I took one yesterday and today and my urine flow and pain is way better. Better than it has felt in months. In the bath I had no pain whatsoever. I can't believe I did not try this previously. In the past through researching and prowling the forums I didn't discount that this could be muscular, but I didn't pursue it. I think the doom and gloom inside of me just excepted that it was an infection that I would have to learn to live with. So I will be taking hot baths everyday, changing my attitude about my condition, and trying to eliminate stress. Also, I forgot to add that coincidentally I started massaging my perineum area a few times a day the past couple weeks. After doing this I feel a lot better for an hour or so. I believe this is another indication that it could be muscular. Thank you so much for posting Sparky.

I am very glad to hear that you are getting some relief from the baths! Once I had figured out that this worked for me, I began taking them once daily for about 15 minutes at a time. I continued this for a few months. Also, I used to go to a physical therapist that would perform massage on my perineum and this provided me with relief as well. In fact, she used to work the whole area ranging from my inner thighs, perineum, hip/gluteal muscles as well as help me stretch. After my sessions I felt AMAZING. It seems like you are definitely on the right path so keep at it. This does go away, you just need to maintain your persistence at treating it. I'd definitely try some stretches as well if I were you. Walking is also very good as I used to get tremendous amount of relief from walking.

Although I am no longer dealing with this ailment, I can relate to everything you have said. This includes both your lifestyle of lifting weights and your fear of the pain returning or having to live with an incurable disease the rest of my life. I feared for so long that I would end up back where I was, but eventually, I started noticing that I would catch myself not thinking about it rather than thinking about it if this makes sense. I did continue to have flares for a while, but I can assure you that these flares lasted shorter and shorter periods of time each time they occurred. There is most definitely a mental aspect of this, and once you accept that you will be able to better deal with it. I myself used to get frustrated and mad when doctors said that some of this could have been in my head, but in reality, a good portion of it was pure obsession.

As far as the sexual situation, I'd definitely say give yourself a rest. I know this can be hard, but try to refrain from ejaculation for a while. Holding back ejaculation is not abnormal at all and many men do this. In fact many men do this to increase their performance ability as far as premature ejaculation goes. It is called edging. Feel free to look up the term so you can get a better understanding. Basically this strengthens your pubococcygeus muscle (PC muscle), but what I believe happens, and I've actually seen this mentioned on other boards related to edging, is that people actually cramp out their PC muscle through overuse. This may have contributed to my problem as well. This combined with the heavy strain on the pelvic region from heavy squatting and long bike rides were most likely wreaking havoc on my body.

Anyway, I have been where you are. I have had all the symptoms you mention and have had all the medications/treatments as well. Trust me when I say this gets better and I think you are on the right path. So far you are the only case I have seen that is nearly identical to mine, so take that for what it's worth.

Keep pushing forward, and stay positive and try to relax. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Sparky
Reply With Quote
  #1435  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:39 AM
tristeza tristeza is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
tristeza is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey Sparky,

Thanks for all the info and encouragement. Just to let you know this week has been really awesome. I have kept myself busy all week working on home projects, taking 20 minute hot baths at night, and relaxing. It has worked wonders. I urinate on average about 5 times a day now (as opposed to 15-20). I still have some discomfort in the bladder - penis area occasionally (usually when I am just laying or sitting around). But I definitely feel this is the road to recovery. I have a couple questions for you.

1. I have refrained from ejaculation. You mentioned this being helpful. How long should I wait?

2. What specific stretches helped you?

3. Do you, or did you avoid the classic trigger foods like chocolate, citrus, spicy foods, ect?

Thanks Again
Reply With Quote
  #1436  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:14 AM
HarryCrumb's Avatar
HarryCrumb HarryCrumb is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 211
HarryCrumb is on a distinguished road
Default

here's an interesting article if anyone wants to read it

@ tristeza it's to do with refraining from ejaculation by the way

http://cure-erectile-dysfunction.org...prostatitis/89
Reply With Quote
  #1437  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 AM
tristeza tristeza is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
tristeza is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks Harry. I always feel like I negate any progress I have made whenever I ejaculate. I think I tense up during sex because I am scared it is going to hurt afterwards. I don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #1438  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:05 PM
sparky90's Avatar
sparky90 sparky90 is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 138
sparky90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristeza View Post
Hey Sparky,

Thanks for all the info and encouragement. Just to let you know this week has been really awesome. I have kept myself busy all week working on home projects, taking 20 minute hot baths at night, and relaxing. It has worked wonders. I urinate on average about 5 times a day now (as opposed to 15-20). I still have some discomfort in the bladder - penis area occasionally (usually when I am just laying or sitting around). But I definitely feel this is the road to recovery. I have a couple questions for you.

1. I have refrained from ejaculation. You mentioned this being helpful. How long should I wait?

2. What specific stretches helped you?

3. Do you, or did you avoid the classic trigger foods like chocolate, citrus, spicy foods, ect?

Thanks Again

Very awesome that you are finding relief! I'm happy to hear the baths and increased activity level are helping you. Discomfort in the bladder/penis was in fact one of the last symptoms to go away for me, so perhaps this is pretty good as well for your case! The reduction in urination is also a very, very good sign I'd say. What I noticed for a while towards the end was that after ejaculation I'd still get a minor flare-up in symptoms. Eventually this went away and I can assure you I no longer deal with this post-ejaculation. As far as how long you should wait, I really do not have any specific advice, nor can I remember how long I had refrained from doing so. In all honesty, I'd go a week and then give it a shot. If symptoms return, try extending another week next time, and so on for now. There were periods after I finally settled on a muscular diagnosis where I went prolonged periods of time without ejaculation, up to 3-4 weeks. As for stretches, I did a lot of stretching of the groin area, and deep, slow bodyweight sitting/squatting if this makes sense. In fact, there were times where I would just squat down while watching TV and things like that. I feel like this really helped stretch and elongate the tense muscles along the pudendal nerve pathway. Also, try looking up some stretches for your glutes, such as the one where you lie on your back and cross one foot over your other knee and pull back with your hands. In reality, you want to do as much as possible to mobilize your pelvic/hip/groin region. I'd definitely continue long walks if I were you, but be careful with running at first as this sometimes caused me to relapse somewhat in the early stages. Walking is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED though as well as supplemental hot baths. The trigger foods I can honestly say I never even bothered eliminating from my diet. When I was diagnosed with the bladder disease Interstitial Cystitis (which was a misdiagnosis by the way I do not have that disease), the doctor gave me a gigantic list of these trigger foods that are much the same as the prostatitis trigger foods. I disregarded it completely as none of them bothered me at all. This ultimately lead me to seek alternative opinions from other doctors which confirmed that I did not have that disease. The only ingredient that I might suggest steering clear of or limiting for a while may be caffeine for two reasons. One, it is a diuretic and will increase urinary frequency. Two, it has stimulatory effects on the nervous system which can lead to an increase in sensitivity as well as tension/contraction in the muscles with which you are currently dealing with.

As for the link that Harry has posted, I think it is a good read, but do use caution when sifting through that site. The site is very similar, if not directly linked/owned by other "natural medicine" doctors, most of which are practicing Chinese medicine, etc. Things to definitely consider are that prostaglandins, which you can see referred to as E1, E2, E3 on that site, are responsible for inflammatory responses, as well as suppression of inflammatory responses. My suggestion, supplement some Omega 3 or Fish-Oil for now if you'd like, but I don't think this is necessary. I take fish-oil daily, but for completely different reasons. I do not think, as the author suggests, that you are suffering from some severe endocrine problem or have exhausted your inner energy or whatever he may be preaching, but rather that you may just be cramped out/tired in the pelvic muscles. In all honesty, mobility work along with hot baths and refraining from ejaculation for a while will probably help you the most. One must understand how forcefully the pelvic muscles contract (especially the PC muscle) during ejaculation. This is what provides the ability to shoot semen with such force.

As for feeling like you have set yourself back every time you ejaculate, simply don't feel this way. Use it as a gauge or tool to track your progress. You may still get flare-ups afterwards, but may notice that they are less and less severe each time which is obviously good news. If I remember correctly, this is how it worked for me, until one time after I ejaculated I simply didn't have symptoms following it.

Any other questions, let me know.

-Sparky

P.S. Harry how are you feeling nowadays? Any improvements? Did you find any treatment that helped?
Reply With Quote
  #1439  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 PM
sparky90's Avatar
sparky90 sparky90 is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 138
sparky90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Tristeza,

Any updates? Let us know.


-Sparky
Reply With Quote
  #1440  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:25 PM
tristeza tristeza is offline
Observer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
tristeza is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey Guys,

This week has been pretty good. I still have minor symptoms throughout the day here and there, but they are way less severe. Usually after urinating. The baths and massage help so much! I have been eating whatever healthy food I want. So I do not believe it is IC. I had a wet dream the other night. I guess from not ejaculation in about two weeks. Sucks, because I would have rather used that with my wife. Anyways, I was going to wait to update at about two weeks because that would have been the longest I have gone without having a major flare. I definitely feel like it is a muscular thing with me. I have noticed my symptoms are worse day or night lying in bed. Probably because I am not distracted from thoughts (causing me to tense up). When the pain starts I begin massaging the perineum area and feel better almost immediately. I feel like I am getting better though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
discharge, massage, pain, prostatitis, rectum, testicles, urethra
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRUE STORY saved1986 Cancer 11 10-26-2011 01:33 PM
Very Sad Story limitme General Discussions 12 09-06-2010 04:45 AM
The Creation Story Arrowwind09 Humor 0 05-18-2010 02:52 PM
My MMS story Rabbit Alternative Therapies 8 04-29-2009 10:49 AM
pbd will like this story Iggy Dalrymple Chitchat 0 12-10-2007 06:56 AM