Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Reader

sparky90 is on a distinguished road

Absolutely. I know this will take time. I have appointments scheduled until the beginning of January.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:16 AM
Reader

iwillbecured is on a distinguished road

Yeah no one should expect a quick fix. Give it at leat 1-2 years of doing the stretching/relaxing and supplements consistently every day. Most people on the chronicprostatitis site seem to take many months to get better with a few reporting up to 2 years to be cured from their condition. Still everyone that has this will have ups and downs. You just got to have positive re-inforcement that you will get better and everything that you are doing is having a positive impact on your recovery time and symptoms. Some will start of as infection, some won't. We are all different... the result though is usually pelvic floor dysfunction. Remember I said earlier, a good sign you are releasing those muscles in the pelvic floor is fluttering/twitching of the muscles. Amy's book is excellent! It's not technical at all, very simple, and straight to the point. As she mentions; learn to breathe more deeply. Do this many times a day whilst dropping your pelvic floor. She also recommends that once all the pain has gone and symptoms you strengthen the pelvic floor. But always, forever if needed, continue to make sure you are in a relaxed state. Ways to abort flare ups is to work a bit harder to relax and take some anti inflammatories if needed. Once you've taken the antibiotics and supplements and are getting no further improvement then it is probably time to give up that route for the moment. You'll know if you get an infection because it is different. It just feels different from my experience.

And I was the same as you in that I was extreme exerciser, very, very fit person. Played football 3 hours a day at least for 20 years. IN the summer played all day. This started around the time I was weight lifting, doing the squats and everything. I wonder if it was an infection at first? But I DID for a fact have an infection or two during the period of the 6 years I had this because both immediately responded to antibiotics and then was left with just some lingering symptoms that we all know as the chronic prostatitis. I still think Fungus is the least likely cause, mix between infection with bacteria and pelvic floor dysfunction... and everyone being different will have a different focus to get healed. Everyone will have to work on their pelvic floor though.

One obvious clue to the pelvic floor tension was the fact that when I did a stretching session and done the breathing deeply, relaxing the floor, I noticed if I urinated shortly after I would urinate a lot faster.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky90 View Post
Very true. The thing is, I have treated for everything else so many times, I've probably done more harm than good, as I've had multiple semen cultures and urine cultures, and an excessive amount of antibiotics. So I'm 99% sure there is no infection. The only thing that leaves is muscular/nerve situations, which can be dealt with through the proper healing methods.
I found your long post rather interesting, so thanks for the reply.

The only point that I want to clearly make is that antibiotics will not kill fungi. This is very important, so when you say you've taken an excessive amount of antibiotics and are 99% sure there is no infection, lets make it clear there is no bacterial infection.

Remember how Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin? Mold had filtered down from a room above and contaminated his bacterial culture, and killed the bacteria. Mold is fungi, and most antibiotics are made from (or contain) a type of mold, and mold will not kill fungi, which means that antibiotics are absolutely useless against fungus or viruses.

As far as you taking fish oil, a probiotic, and zinc, that is very good. However, there are a total of 90 vitamins/minerals/amino acids/fatty acids, and to be healthy, you need them all.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdib View Post
I may even try pinballdoctor's diet program just for the hell of it - I don't think it can hurt and I'll probably lose a few pounds.
Not only would you lose weight, you would also starve the fungi in your body, which is a good thing.

If you added some good natural antifungals to your diet, such as organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, resveratrol, and grapefruit seed extract, that would help speed up the process while providing additional nutrients, phytochemicals, and antioxidants.

Any food or dark green concentrated powder that contains chlorophyll would also be beneficial.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Reader

I wiil beat this is on a distinguished road

Where can one find thiz diet and what are some the no no's. Also are you saying organic coconut oil and olive oil ect..ect..or is it one or the other
Old 11-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Explorer

Kite Surfer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by I wiil beat this View Post
Where can one find thiz diet and what are some the no no's. Also are you saying organic coconut oil and olive oil ect..ect..or is it one or the other
Virgin Cococut oil and virgin olive oil have their own different benefits. I do not think one or the other, both are really good for health. This is well documented and if you search on the internet you will find plenty of studies. Personally I eat plenty from both, olive oil all my life and virgin coconut oil I only started a few months ago because it is very easy to find in Asia. Long time ago people thought that coconut oil is actually bad for health because of its high content of polysaturated fats. However this theory has now been reversed after plenty of studies showed the benefits of the oil. Just make sure it says virgin.

I would also like to know the recommended foods and the foods to avoid for specifically the pelvic syndrome (muscle-nerve syndrome) and not for prostatitis. We all know and heard a million times about the foods to avoid for prostatitis (coffee, sugar, spicy food etc). Now how about the CPPS?

I think magnesium is probably good for CPPS since it is a necessary mineral for the good functioning of muscles. After I stopped levo I introduced magnesium into my regimen for many reasons. I was a complete wreck after the levo treatment. One of the side effects was myalgia, I could not drag my muscles to do anything without feeling muscle pain. Tendonitis and myalgia are caused by quinolones because they suck all the magnesium out of your body so muscles are deprived of a fundamental mineral and they cannot function properly. I am actually speculating now that levo exacerbated the CPPS pelvic muscle problem. However, I do not mean to say that I now regret taking the levo. Quite the opposite. It did a nice job at the beginning (the first 2 weeks) to clean the bacteria and that's when I saw most of the improvement. Now I think that the infection was actually cleared for the most part in the first 2 weeks so quite early on and what I have been dealing with since then and for the last 2 months is rather a muscle/nerve disorder. As Iwillbecured said recently "it just feels different". It is very important to learn to read your own body as we have to be our own doctors. What I regret is taking that nasty stuff for 6 weeks, it was surely not necessary to take it that long.

The stretches are great I already see the effects, I feel better now even during the day. Along with the stretches I reintroduced in my regimen a low dose of neurontin (it is a nerve drug not an antibiotic). You may want to experiment with this drug. It will do absolutely nothing for the bacteria but it may help in cases of abacterial prostatitis. It is also suggested in the chronicprostatitis site as a drug that can help for CPPS. It was first given to me by my uro very early in the antibiotic treatment after I complained to him about a strange nerve pain/numbness that is radiating down to my thigh from the prostate. He prescribed neurontin (300mg morning and 300mg evening so 600mg per day) and after 1-2 days the pain disappeared. Unfortunately, I only took it for 10 days because I was afraid it was masking the pain and did not want to overload my body with drugs. After I stopped it, the pain came back but I am pretty sure it was less. I started again now with an even lower dose (200mg morning and 200mg evening so 400mg per day) and again immediately it has helped with the nerve pain. In the worst case it may be just a plain pain killer and in the best case it might help to calm down and help healing those nerves. But even if it is just a pain killer it is not too bad. This disorder is also greatly affected by psychology and being in pain all the time does not help to heal. It has some side effects but nothing like the quinolones. You may feel dizzy or drowsy. I will stop it after a couple of weeks but gradually this time maybe go down to 300mg per day for one week then 200mg for one week etc. Maximum recommended dosage is 900mg per day.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Reader

iwillbecured is on a distinguished road

Everyone will be different but I have been eating extremely healthy, no junk food since I was 18 (I'm 27 now). Diet is almost 100% raw food, I have many of the 'anti-fungals' that have been mentioned. I took all vitamins and minerals, fatty acids, protein and powerful immune system enhancers. My diet was quite low in suguar, virtually NO processed food at all since BEFORE the prostatitis started. I got prostatitis when I was in the best health of my life. A good diet will help you, just don't be too sure that it is because of fungus. A healthy diet that contains a lot of phytochemicals will help through other ways than through their anti fungal effect.

Everyone should be eating healthy regardless of their problems. Eating healthy will always give you a better chance of recovery.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Explorer

Kite Surfer is on a distinguished road

How do you think you got prostatitis Iwillbecured? From the internet research I have done in the last few months and I think you will agree with me, it seems that prostatitis seems to hit young people for the most part and when I say young I mean below 40. I am 38 and sparky and Iwillbecured got this in their early twentys'. In many prostatitis forums you read many stories of young people getting this. I guess it is down to sexual activity as young people are supposedly more sexually active and promiscuous as a general rule.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Guide

larryberry is on a distinguished road

Hey guys sorry I don't come on here much, but I really don't have much new info. Don't worry if I find something out or get cured I will be on here to let everyone know.

I would buy the whole pelvic floor muscle thing if it wasn't for, cloudy and foamy urine (but not when I fast, usually only once every couple days in the afternoon), and white crap on the back of my tounge and pale tounge. I also seem to have IBS or something as I crap about 5 times a day now, and usaully after I eat and first thing in the morning. Its not diahrea, but usaully undigested food with a transit time of about 10 hours. I also seem to have a lot of discomfort while I have food in my instestines, only to feel reliefe after bowel momenent. I think I am not digesting food properly, or getting all the nutrience out of it.

Dr. Nick I am curios about your methods, does the tounge and digestion problem have any relation to your damp heat in the low burner? I definitely feel more discomfort when I eat, and less on days that I fast, I think there is a connection. I did see a local chinese dr. which I think said the same thing. He gave me acupuncture and some teas, and pills, but to no effect. He didn't say anything about diet, but my diet has been pretty good lately, except I do eat read meats(organic) and sometimes spicy foods. I cut out almost completely wheats, and processed foods, but I won't say 100% because I do have them once and a while.

Also have trouble getting up in the morning, and almost always have low to no energy.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Observer

Drnick is on a distinguished road

Hi jofus, I'm not sure what you mean when you mentioned the tongue, are you having a metallic taste on the tongue? The tongue is used in Chinese Medicine to diagnose conditions. Dampness and heat can affect the digestion system. Low energy and difficulty waking up is usually caused by deficient Kidney energy, which is why most men get prostatitis in the first place, Kidney energy is the first line of defense to stop it. I would lay off all red meat and spicy foods. Treat the Dampness and Heat, fortify the Kidney energy, watch the foods and beverages you drink and I guarantee your prostatitis will disappear.
Most men do not realize that sexual activity, walking, running, and squatting with weights depletes the Kidney energy somewhat and it must be replenished.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Observer

freak is on a distinguished road

Ok people i think i know whats wrong, i have a stricture that is backflowing urine into my prostate, strictures can be caused be fungal/bacterial infections OR enlarged prostates, i have had all three, sooooo gunna go to my doc and see what the next step is
Old 11-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Reader

HarryCrumb is on a distinguished road

To pinballdoctor and Drnick who tell us all no bacteria causes prostatitis and that we are full of crap. Hey guess what guys I had a test today 3 blood tests that indicated I have a massive infection. And we are now trying to figure out how to approach h this. for now Im back on the cipro which never works
Old 11-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Reader

Freak how did ur doc find this stricture I mean what test was run
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
Ok people i think i know whats wrong, i have a stricture that is backflowing urine into my prostate, strictures can be caused be fungal/bacterial infections OR enlarged prostates, i have had all three, sooooo gunna go to my doc and see what the next step is
Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Reader

Can one treat for fungi and bacteria at same time meaning can you treat for fungi while on anti bioctic
Old 11-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Reader

lovelife is on a distinguished road

Everything is just getting a little confusing for everybody.Fungus is not very common in the prostate but it is possible.I have a fungul nail infection athletes foot. I took some antifunguls from my gp and it cleared it but it had no effect whatsoever on my prostate positive or negative.My fungul nail infection came back about a year after.
Taking a lot of abx will give you a candida overload cipro did to me it has taken me nearly a month to settle my stomach but it is getting better all the time by changing my diet a litlle and taking a good probiotic.Sadly it has no effect on my prostate and I mean no effect at all.
If you think you have got candida in you prostate go on a strict diet take some antifunguls and see if your urethra starts itching like when you take abx.
I am have started taking saw palmetto and cranberry tablets as well as everything else and it slowly starting to help..

Tags
discharge, massage, pain, prostatitis, rectum, testicles, urethra
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.