Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vision & Hearing

� #1
Old 01-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Lecturer
mommysunshine will become famous soon enoughmommysunshine will become famous soon enough
Default Foggy brain and ringing in ears (tinnitus)

Hi everyone,

For the past couple months I've noticed ringing in my ears and foggy brain. It's pretty constant but most noticable when I'm lying down to sleep or waking up in the morning. It's starting do drive me nuts.
� #2
Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

The best things for tinnitus (ringing in the ears) are garlic and ginkgo biloba. Ginkgo biloba extract increases circulation and has a mild anticoagulant function. It works in the brain as well. This should help with the brain fog, though there are many reasons for such fog, and you may need to search further. There have been clinical trials of CoQ10 and tinnitus. Those trials seem to be successful.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #3
Old 01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

I had mild tinnitus many years ago, just in one ear and for a short period of time. I don't remember taking anything in particular for it, and thankfully it went away on its own. Here's a page with some nutritional and herbal suggestions.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Tinnitus
� #4
Old 06-21-2012, 04:47 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysunshine View Post
Hi everyone,

For the past couple months I've noticed ringing in my ears and foggy brain. It's pretty constant but most noticable when I'm lying down to sleep or waking up in the morning. It's starting do drive me nuts.
I just heard a guest on a radio show that suggested we raise our heads, or the head of our beds while sleeping.

He said that lying flat, caused the blood/fluids around the head to stagnate causing pressure, due to lack of gravity, like when we stand.

He said that's why our faces are swollen in the mornings, and we may wake feeling lethargic or with headaches. Also might be somewhat related to Alzheimer's.

He also mentioned that lying on our backs is ideal. When we lie on our sides for example, the eye near the pillow builds up pressure, and that ear is likely to be affected by Tinnitus. Thinking back, when I had that short bout of Tinnitus, it was in my left ear only, and I'm a side sleeper, usually on my left side.
� #5
Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Lecturer
mommysunshine will become famous soon enoughmommysunshine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I just heard a guest on a radio show that suggested we raise our heads, or the head of our beds while sleeping.

He said that lying flat, caused the blood/fluids around the head to stagnate causing pressure, due to lack of gravity, like when we stand.

He said that's why our faces are swollen in the mornings, and we may wake feeling lethargic or with headaches. Also might be somewhat related to Alzheimer's.

He also mentioned that lying on our backs is ideal. When we lie on our sides for example, the eye near the pillow builds up pressure, and that ear is likely to be affected by Tinnitus. Thinking back, when I had that short bout of Tinnitus, it was in my left ear only, and I'm a side sleeper, usually on my left side.
You know kind2creatures, when my tinniitis developed I was sleeping upright in a reclining couch for several months because I had some intense dental work and wanted to be sleep upright. My head slanted to the side while I slept BUT wouldn't you think that any pressure would be long gone by now? It was years ago that it developed. Have you slanted your bed yet?
� #6
Old 06-26-2012, 02:36 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Quote:
You know kind2creatures, when my tinniitis developed I was sleeping upright in a reclining couch for several months because I had some intense dental work and wanted to be sleep upright. My head slanted to the side while I slept BUT wouldn't you think that any pressure would be long gone by now? It was years ago that it developed. Have you slanted your bed yet?
Yes, I would think it would be gone. In your case with the dental work and everything, it's probably harder to pinpoint the cause. Has the tinnitus become any more bearable with time, is it lessening for you?

I haven't slanted my bed yet, we have a large king sized bed and I just spoke with my husband about it. We're in no hurry now, currently using two pillows instead.
� #7
Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Yes, I would think it would be gone. In your case with the dental work and everything, it's probably harder to pinpoint the cause. Has the tinnitus become any more bearable with time, is it lessening for you?

I haven't slanted my bed yet, we have a large king sized bed and I just spoke with my husband about it. We're in no hurry now, currently using two pillows instead.
About a year ago we tried to slant our bed up. We slept terrible. Then we lowered it and still didn't like how it felt. It'll be interesting to see if you like it.

The tinnitis is a steady constant. It hasn't and doesn't change. I'm still trying though. Thanks for asking. I'll be sure to scream with celebration when it is GONE!
� #8
Old 06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Quote:
The tinnitis is a steady constant. It hasn't and doesn't change. I'm still trying though. Thanks for asking. I'll be sure to scream with celebration when it is GONE!
I don't know if you've ever heard of this product, but they advertise it on my local radio station all the time. https://www.quietrelief.com/
� #9
Old 06-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Lecturer
pinballdoctor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi everyone,

This is an old post but am wondering if the problem still exists.

Some people have this kind of reaction after drinking tea, only a kind of dizzyness and light-headedness.

As far as the ear ringing is concerned, I recently read an article in which several people got relief from drinking essiac tea... yes the same tea that cures cancers..
� #10
Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballdoctor View Post
This is an old post but am wondering if the problem still exists.

Some people have this kind of reaction after drinking tea, only a kind of dizzyness and light-headedness.

As far as the ear ringing is concerned, I recently read an article in which several people got relief from drinking essiac tea... yes the same tea that cures cancers..
Yes, piinball I still have ringing. It seems I've tried so many things but haven't been able to get rid of it. Ginko biloba is what I'm trying again. Someone said their chronic ringing went away after 10 sessions of far infrared sauna. Hope that helps. I did try Essiac but may not have used enough or long enough or perhaps it didn't address whatever my underlying cause is. Thanks for the reminder though. I'll try it again. BTW, my silverlungs machine will arrive any moment - it took 4 weeks to get here. Patience is a virtue.
� #11
Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Observer
suzhouchen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Look to the smart grid for your problem of tinnitus. The polling of data by power companies put out frequencies on electrical wiring. These frequencies are often mistaken for tinnitus. They also cause people to be lethargic or foggy. To know for sure--get away for a while. Tinnitus does not go away. If you go someplace off the grid the symtoms may go away. Away means out of the locality, listen for low frequency pulsating noise as well as high frequency constant noise. IT IS NOT TINNITUS.
I was diagnosed with the same thing--millions are getting the same diagnosis. If you go out of state or out of county away from your untility companies and it goes away--it is the smart grid. The ELF extra low frequencies cause you to be lethargic, brain fog, and depressed as well as ear pain. Do some experimenting to find out the real cause---I bet its the grid. Especially if it started recently. As companies tie into the grid, more and more people are getting these same exact symptoms.

Last edited by suzhouchen; 11-18-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: to add text
� #12
Old 11-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Observing cool stuff
happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

I've been interested in this. I feel the unregulated growth of "towers" for whatever they are used for could certainly add to the symptoms!

Just because one doesn't cause issues doesn't mean 20 within a 15 mile area wont.

It is time to become concerned. I am really beginning to question the need for so many. Especially those TETRAs. Spoooky.

I found many in my area using antenna search - but it doesn't seem to work now.

Tags
ears, garlic, ginkgo biloba, hearing, ringing, tinnitus
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.