Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Dentistry

Old 08-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Observer

lucifer is on a distinguished road
Default intense allergic reaction

I am also having enormous reactions to Valplast. My (young) dentist persuaded me that it would be a far better option than an acrylic denture, and far more costly which I found difficult to finance but went ahead. The symptoms are exactly as described by others on this thread - intense burning, redness, swelling and sore throat and I have to take them out regularly. Since half the reason for having a denture is cosmetic, and they cost so much, this is ridiculous.
I am sure my dentist thinks I am being a picky nuisance and seems to be suspicious hat I am not using the Valplast solution, which I am. I do wonder if the Valpast trials were thorough enough. From reading these pages it seems that it is young dentists who are recommending these, but lack the experience to give out proper advice.
It is also a long way to my dentist and each time I go the costs increase.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Observer

Default unbearable reaction

Why cannot dentists provide a Valplast gumshield to try before making a decision. It would indicate whether there is likely to be a strong reaction.

Last edited by lucifer; 08-15-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: double entry in error
Old 08-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Observer

dsheehan63 is on a distinguished road
Default Thousands of $$$ still no teeth

I was sold on these Valplast partials by my middle aged dentist in March 2014. I paid $3,000.00 for top and bottom, the first six weeks I went for what was told to me just necessary/routine adjustments. Now I had acrylic partials for five years prior and never ended up with blisters on my tongue, sores in my mouth, and it felt like cotton in my mouth within five minutes of putting them in my mouth. In the beginning of May I noticed a white thick film on my tongue and a nasty chemical taste in my mouth. I had already missed so much work due to the adjustment period I ignored it until June when it felt like I had razor blades in my mouth. Today I have 67 patches on my back checking for allergies, I also have been given nystatin for over a month and my doctor changed meds to chlorahexidin. I have spent the last six weeks going to urgent care, dentist,doctor and a allergy clinic. I called valplast this morning and they claim my teeth are a knock off and they have never had a case of anyone being allergic. I have never sued anyone in my life but I am thinking of finding a lawyer. Thanks broke and Toothless!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Observer

http://www.vertex-dental.com/uploads...6-2012-Eng.pdf
Hello dsheehan. I have just read your post. Above is a link to picures of allergies to dentures - it is a bit technical but maybe worth reading...the photos are excellent. There are also several links on google (by Valplast)which seem to imply that Valplast is the denture to choose if you have had allergies to acrylic, which rather implies that their own dentures are allergy free. I don'y know howe his would stand up legally,
Cannot afford to do anything myself or would do - solicitors very expensive.
I hope you have a better day today. I am struggling.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Observer

pusa123 is on a distinguished road

I have been having burning pain on and the tip of my tongue, and irritation, redness, sore, small bumps on the tip of my tongue and I noticed it started when I had my partial lower denture made. I wear it during the day all day. It has the metal thing hooked to my tooth.

I have seen an oral doctor three, four times and like the other people from this blog said, they were also given statin (and I had bad allergic reaction to statin). Doctor said I had thrush. I also noticed my tongue color is sometimes pale, (not everyday) but some days.
Oral surgeon gave me a gel to sooth the tongue. It does an instant relief while on gel but after an hour, it is back to the same feeling of burning and irritation. Oral surgeon wanted to see me back in 3 weeks to do biopsy. Can someone give me advise if I really need a biopsy? I understand it is a very uncomfortable test and just having the idea of cutting a small portion of my tongue makes me sick already. Plus tongue doesn't heal quick. Is this just allergy to denture or should I go ahead and still see the doctor for biopsy? Pls help. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Observer

smalldog is on a distinguished road

I know this is two years after you asked, Metoo, but your dentist sounds insensitive. If he wouldn't work with you and didn't try an alternative plan, i think I would not pay for the partial or take him to court. My sister was allergic to our dentist. This is when we were kids, but everytime she went to this dentist, she would break out in a rash. He did some tests along her arm of his soap, and whatever else he used, but she was just allergic to him. So you are probably allergic to something in the valplast.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:44 AM
Observer

Kenza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethmcarthur@btinterne View Post
I started wearing a partial lower Valplast denture 28/10/11 (costing 590). Within five minutes of wearing it I experienced a hot, burning sensation on my gums, mouth and throat. Within five minutes of removing it the symptoms stop. However, I persevered wearing the denture every day hoping that the symptoms would subside but so far they haven't. Yesterday my mouth and throat were so sore that I lost my voice. The symptoms subsided after I removed the denture.
Hi there I know this post was a long time ago but I was wondering if you had had any luck finding a cure for your burning mouth? My mum has the same thing from her acrylic dentures and we are just trying to find something to help her.
Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 05:21 AM
Observer

RaulCruz is on a distinguished road

My dentist made this with the affordable dental plans. I had the little bit of pain, but all the things go smoothly at the end. I am feeling comfortable with that.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:31 AM
Observer

JimBrown is on a distinguished road

Each Valplast halfway is ensured against breakage and crack of the base material expecting ordinary utilization. After Valplast dentures, I suffered from burning sensations in my mouth which is very much terrible.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Observer

nwinogr is on a distinguished road

I just received a Valplast partial and my mouth started hurting and I thought it was just the rough plastic but after that was addressed, my tongue started burning and hurting and even my throat started swelling and hurting!! I removed it when I got home and I now have blisters on my tongue and gums four days later!! Now I have to go to my dentist and tell him I'm allergic to it! I want no part of it!! I don't know how people have tried to keep them in for weeks or months! If the throat is swelling, that could be an anaphylactic reaction!! I'm beginning to think there should be a class action lawsuit against Valplast!!
Old 02-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Observer

jdanko1451 is on a distinguished road
Default That awful furry sensation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashurst View Post
I have been fitted with not one but two Valplast partials. They were very comfortable but within a few weeks the part acroos the palate became rough and furry. It was as if the surface was pitted rather than any build up of scale which could be removed. The first one was replaced but exactly the same thing happened with the second. The only explanation given was that my saliva must be doing it...The furry sensation in themouth was awful so I am having to go back to a different denture which is very disappointing. Has anyone else heard of or experienced such a thing?
Hi, yes the same thing seems to be happening to me as well! My tongue is red and sore, as it is drawn to the dentures palate, which has a strange rough texture, even after I returned my flexi denture to the laboratory to have it polished. I thought this might solve the problem, but it is still an unpleasant sensation whenever my tongue touches it. These dentures are expensive, I presume there is a guarantee with them, but would this guarantee cover an allerghic reaction, which it seems to be for some of us?
Old 02-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Observer

jdanko1451 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinogr View Post
I just received a Valplast partial and my mouth started hurting and I thought it was just the rough plastic but after that was addressed, my tongue started burning and hurting and even my throat started swelling and hurting!! I removed it when I got home and I now have blisters on my tongue and gums four days later!! Now I have to go to my dentist and tell him I'm allergic to it! I want no part of it!! I don't know how people have tried to keep them in for weeks or months! If the throat is swelling, that could be an anaphylactic reaction!! I'm beginning to think there should be a class action lawsuit against Valplast!!
Hi, how did you get on after going back to your dentist? I have the same issue with my flexi denture, burning and red tongue, which stops shortly after removing the denture. My dentist says she has had no complaints about these dentures and shes had many made...which didnt help me...! but she herself noticed the redness of my gums in general! I expect I'll have to go back once again to my dentist to see if she will take the matter to the next level ie. make me a new denture like my old one (acrylic and chrome) which I had no problems with)...
Old 11-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Observer

alexfun is on a distinguished road

From what is seems cheap acrylic dentures are nice, you can barely feel them and in some cases u forget u have them I have read some russian dentisty forum where 1 dentist said if denture is made anatomically correct even lower denture would need a glue. If glue is needed I would investigate natural substances such as stuff from pine tree, etc.

Also with advance in 3d printing and in hemp plastics we humans may be able to get eco and body friendly dentures.

Tags
allergy, burning, dentures, plastic, valplast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.