Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Systems & Organs

Old 04-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Observer

yama34 is on a distinguished road
Default HOLE IN LUNG

Please provide information in regard to healing of a hole in one's lung.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Yama,

the path to healing of a hole in the lung depends on the cause of course, as well as how severe it is. Small holes can heal up sponataneously. An airtight bandage is kept over the hole if it is from an external puncture.

Often holes are deliberately put into the lung to faciliate drainage in certain diseases in which case a suction device is attached to drain the lung. They generally heal up fine over time when the suction is removed.

Of course infection is always a risk.

If the whole is caused by radiation treatment, due to the stess of just breathing the course of affairs may be quite difficult as the tissue is so damaged and that is what lead to the hole in the first place. The prognosis is not so good but not always impossible.

Last edited by Arrowwind09; 04-18-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Observer

I want to expand on the explanation of how the hole did get in my daughter's lung. Some of her teeth were infected, and leakage from the teeth went into her lung producing the hole. arrowwind09, do you believe supplements should be used for healing in this case, and if so, what would you recommend?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit

nightowl is on a distinguished road

yama34,
It would be very interesting to know if the teeth match up with this chart. I believe when the infected teeth were removed, or the infection delt with, breast cancer went away...maybe the same is true with the hole in your child's lungs. If you click on a tooth that affects the right lung, the tooth on the opposite side will bring up the left lung.

Maybe there's no truth to this at all, but it would be interesting to know.

http://www.resourcesforlife.net/meri...ooth-chart.asp

nightowl
Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by yama34 View Post
I WANT TO EXPAND ON THE EXPLANATION OF HOW THE HOLE DID GET IN MY DAUGHTER'S LUNG. SOME OF HER TEETH WERE INFECTED, AND LEAKAGE FROM THE TEETH WENT INTO HER LUNG PRODUCING THE HOLE. ARROWWIND09, DO YOU BELIEVE SUPPLEMENTS SHOULD BE USED FOR HEALING IN THIS CASE, AND IF SO, WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?
Do you mean that infection drained directly into her lung?

Or would you say that the infection simply spread to her lung.

I would guess that she is on antibiotics by now and I would assume if things go well that the infection will be overcome. When the infection is cleared the lung should heal up on its own accord.

If there are drainage issues with this hole to the area around the lung a chest tube may be required for a little while. It is hooked to a gentle suction device to pull fluids off. I suspect that if that were needed it would be happening all ready

Supplements are always called for in my mind. First put her on a good probiotic. for every week she is on antibiotic give three weeks of probiotic at least. Also yogurt. but get her a good pill probiotic too

Vitamin D, and lots and lots of vitamin C. I would take her to bowel tolerance in vitamin c. That means give her 2 grams every hour until she starts to have loose stool then back off. Wait 4 hours then start with one gram then start to move up. This is if her age is 10 and up.

You didn't say her age. If she is under 10 she will require smaller doses but given the same way. Start with 250mg or 500 mg and the repetition of the dose is the same, and back off when diarrhea starts. then resume when it slows down.

Vitamin E facilitates healing also.

When she gets past this lets talk about oral health and how to maintain it.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Observer

Leakage from infection in teeth went to the lung and produced a hole. My daughter is older than 10. All of her teeth have been pulled at this time, and I'm wondering if that took care of the lung hole--an x-ray would be applicable at this time to see for sure.

Thanks for the supplement information; we'll attend to that to make sure it is well healed.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Observer

Kathygary is on a distinguished road
Default yama34

I have had teeth extracted two times - once in 2007 and once in 2011. Both times I have gotten serious lung infection. My x-ray yesterday showed a hole in my lung. Teeth are a very scary and unsuspecting way for infection to get into your blood and go to vital organs. I am getting a CT scan next Wednesday. I read another article that said when the infection is cleared up the hole should heal on its own.

Tags
lung hole
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.