Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Heart Health > Hypertension

� #1
Old 04-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Mine checks out high sometimes and low other times. I like to check myself in the self-serve machines at the drug or grocery stores.
Ideally a home BP monitor is better as you can do it when you are relaxed and can monitor your progress over a period to see how it works out. I think regular home monitoring is probably more accurate than done in a hospital or doctors surgery because your inevitable under some kind of stress when tested by your medic and most are too busy to allow you to be seated for a sufficient time for your level to stabilize. If you are sat on the sofa relaxing at home you can take a reading every half hour and average the numbers or at possibly discount the exceptions.

The arm cuff monitors are pretty cheap in the UK and the results I get are in line (but generally a bit lower) than when tested in the surgery.
� #2
Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Lecturer
EarlyBird is on a distinguished road
Default BP

120/80 or less is considered normal I think.
I bought an inexpensive wrist BP monitor which seems pretty accurate.
I check my BP about every third day. Usually 119/78.
I eat fresh garlic daily - from 2 to 5 segments depending on their size.
� #3
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

I agree, Just me, you are running on the high side but not critical. You would do well to get your own BP cuff and keep an eye on it. You can probably bring it down easily enough. Seasme Oil? Right!

I usually run about 100 over 60. I've been too low all my life and have a tendency to get faint easily so I have to be very careful about my hydration
� #4
Old 04-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Lecturer
just me is on a distinguished road

I am picking up sesame oil today.... I went to get the checkup because of my weight, and because i woke up from a weird dream the other night.. .I heard this voice yelling at me saying wake up you are having a heart attack if you dont wake up, you will die... So i woke up... very short of breath and heart pounding like a bad dog.. got up, got a drink of water, and just sort of walked around until i could catch my breath... and then did alot of praying to God, letting Him know, that as much as I wanted to be with Him, I wasnt ready to go home yet!!! anyhow... doctor called this morning.. my thyroid levels are way high.... i am allergic to the levothyroxin...so they are prescribing armour... thats the right stuff. right... that is actually what I want, isnt it...
� #5
Old 04-24-2010, 07:27 AM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

What type of sesame oil??? The chinese roasted? Could you just use tahini?
� #6
Old 12-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

I think some of these supplements likely help the minerals you discuss, pbd, to be metabolized correctly and placed... especially garlic, that I know of.

True you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but neither can you make a silk purse out of mere rocks.

Tags
high blood pressure, hypertension
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.