Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Environmental

Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Lecturer

EarlyBird is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Miserably Coooold Weather!

Golly geewhiz it's bitter cold today! Extreme winds, whirling snow and temps
in low teens, wind chills in single digits. Looking for some relief by Sunday!
Could be worse of course; I could live in Wisconsin! LOL!
Global Warming - where Are you? It would be greatly appreciated if you would
show yourself NOW!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Admin
Wiki Editor

Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

Global warming doesn't make it warmer, it makes the weather extreme. We are gonna have two seasons only - Summer and Winter.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Lecturer

Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about

Of course we are in this period of climate change, It goes from cold to warming to hot then to cooling and back to cold again. All in the span of one year.

Was 1 degree F this morning.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Low teens sounds like a heat wave to me!

Try 20 below at night and 5 degrees in the day time!
Not much snow yet. Just bitter cold and
sometimes the wind is ruthless, but we see a warming
trend coming this weekend up to 32 to 37.
Time again to do outdoor chores!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

It's been cold here too. Zero to minus zero temps at night, and single digits in daytime. Windchill factors = super cold. Today was high in the low 20's and sunny...Oh Happy Day!!

Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Lecturer

Smile

A good time to head to Arizona; my friend there says they are due 70* temps
in a day or so. Gosh, that sounds good!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Maybe I made a mistake to retire in the central TX area. 60 days of 100+ degree weather in the summer (record breaking). Now, when it is supposed to be in the 60s, record breaking cold. Supposed to be in the 70s for 2 days then back to the cold again. Up. Down. Up. Down.

And what happened to our hurricanes this year?

This reminds me of how our bodies have so many mechanisms to compensate for pH. The climate seems to over adjust though.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 12-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Reader

jw8725 is on a distinguished road

This past week has been very nasty here in England. I'm one of those that absolutely hates the snow. I nearly rolled the car coming home the other day. Scary moment.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit

nightowl is on a distinguished road

I call snow that white stuff in chicken poo...'scuse me, but I spent too many years digging myself out of snow and freezing cold weather! I did like the first drive in winter wonderland though, when everything was covered in a few inches of snow and I was the only one crazy enough to be out in it...so peaceful!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Lecturer

Smile Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bone chilling cold and windy, heading for nights in single digits and barely 20* days
for the New Year 2010! Rain, sleet, snow on it's way! Soup and Chile makin' time, Folks.
Get ready to hibernate! LOL!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

It's official. Texas has had the coldest November ever recorded; and records have been kept as far back as when Texas was a nation (1800s).

Kevin is right. We, at least, did not have a Spring or Autumn this year.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Lecturer

just me is on a distinguished road

Sounds like those folks who said we were going into another iceage might have been right!!!! JFH, Normally I would have said that you might need to move further south Texas.... We have alot of the heat, but not normally the freezing cold.. But this winter, it has been nasty cold, and we have seen more freezing weather then I have ever seen before in my twenty years down here. And while yes, we still had hot weather, it didnt seem to last near as long as what it used to...January use to start our rainy season, but we have had rain all month... Now, Im not complaining tho, I am thankful for any rain we get... considering how many of the states have been having droughts!! I just really really dont like cold.... My thyroid issues and cold weather just dont mix!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
perpetual student

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me View Post
Sounds like those folks who said we were going into another iceage might have been right!!!! JFH, Normally I would have said that you might need to move further south Texas.... We have alot of the heat, but not normally the freezing cold.. But this winter, it has been nasty cold, and we have seen more freezing weather then I have ever seen before in my twenty years down here. And while yes, we still had hot weather, it didnt seem to last near as long as what it used to...January use to start our rainy season, but we have had rain all month... Now, Im not complaining tho, I am thankful for any rain we get... considering how many of the states have been having droughts!! I just really really dont like cold.... My thyroid issues and cold weather just dont mix!!!
No thanks just me. I saw that snow you had recently. Central TX did not. But in the summer, we did have 2 months where the temp did not get below 100. I'm not kidding. Record breaking. However, you guys have excessive humidity. El Nino is likely the cause of this strange weather.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:05 AM
Lecturer

Exclamation El Nino!

Yeah, I think at least one of our TV Weather fellas remarked that El Nino was the basis of our weather patters right now.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit

nightowl is on a distinguished road

My brother just sent me a link to a series of videos about global warming created by the man who invented the weather channel. Haven't had a chance to watch them yet but hope to later tonight. He should know the weather, I'd say!

http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemans.../81583352.html
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.