Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Cancer

Old 05-04-2012, 07:29 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Integrative Medicine for Cancer Treatment Effects

Benefits of some integrative medicine to ease the negative effects of conventional cancer treatments...

Quote:
"Traditional medicine helped me survive. Alternative medicine helped me thrive.” That’s how Denise DeSimone, author of From Stage IV to Center Stage (Balboa Press), sums up her healing philosophy.

The motivational speaker, singer, Reiki master and certified reflexologist needed all the help she could get when diagnosed with stage IV throat and neck cancer at age 49.

She credits Reiki with easing nausea and helping her get into a state of calm and peace so that her body could use the healing energy released during therapeutic sessions.

Cancer treatment is no picnic. Strong medications and radiation are used to kill aberrant cells, but resulting side effects, such as nausea and fatigue, can be seriously debilitating.

This helps explain why two-thirds of cancer patients decide to augment standard medical treatment with different forms of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) to improve their quality of life.

Many CAM therapies help manage symptoms that occur with treatment, and these practices are now being combined with conventional treatments in a concept known as integrative medicine.

Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are designed to destroy cancer cells. In the process they can damage normal cells too, which may cause symptoms that can vary depending on where the cancer is located and what drug or form of radiation (or therapy combination) is used. Some people suffer few or no side effects, while others may experience one or more.

Full article: http://energytimes.com/pages/features/1205/easing.html
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

My sister in law who has stage IV pancreatic cancer has been having reiki treatments and she says that they make her feel a lot better. Shes been doing chemo.
She has been totally closed to all other alternatives except ginger tea for nausea
Old 05-05-2012, 08:27 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post
My sister in law who has stage IV pancreatic cancer has been having reiki treatments and she says that they make her feel a lot better. Shes been doing chemo.
She has been totally closed to all other alternatives except ginger tea for nausea
It's good to know that the reiki and ginger are working for her, at least she's open to those alternatives. I wish her the best. I recently lost my ex brother in law to pancreatic cancer, conventional treatments only.

Tags
cam, cancer treatment, chemotherapy, radiation, reiki
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.