Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

Old 06-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Reader

uniden is on a distinguished road
Default If one leads a healthy lifestyle, will one be disease free?

If one consistently leads a healthy lifestyle, will one be completely disease free? In other words, is it true that the freer one is of toxins, the healthier it becomes?

The reason why I am asking this is because I have found that for some reason, whenever I decide to stay on a strict healthy diet, my physical health improves and my emotional health plummets. But whenever I do not eat a healhty diet and consume toxins, my emotional health improves but my physical health plummets. I personally believe that there is something wrong with this picture because, in my opinion, a healthy lifestyle should improve all areas of one's health simultaneously. Right?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

So what is a healthy diet for you and what is not a healthy diet.

I am wondering if on a healthy diet you have a reduction of sugar and carbs which is affecting your mental state due to shifting sugar levels. Lots of people crave unhealthy carbs and sugars simpley because it keeps them from being depressed and lethargic. If this is the case it will take more time and work to even things out.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Reader

uniden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post
So what is a healthy diet for you and what is not a healthy diet.

I am wondering if on a healthy diet you have a reduction of sugar and carbs which is affecting your mental state due to shifting sugar levels. Lots of people crave unhealthy carbs and sugars simpley because it keeps them from being depressed and lethargic. If this is the case it will take more time and work to even things out.
But even if all areas of my health were "evened out", in other words all areas of my health were, say, at a moderate level, it would not matter because it would be the same as if one area of my health was excellent and the other being poor, or vice versa.

Here's an example, let's say that my emotional health is at twelve points and my physical health is at zero points; that would be the same as if both areas were at 6 points each because it all adds up to the same amount of points--twelve.

Here is my answer to your question: I would consider a "healthy" diet to be a diet consisting of vegetables and fruits. Also, when on a diet only consisting of vegetables and fruits it is possible to get protein and fat. Spirulina seaweed, a vegetable, is an excellent source of complete protein. Avocadoes are an excellent source of healthy fat. The oxidation of a gram of fat liberates about twice the energy liberated from a gram of carbohydrate or protein.

In addition to a healthy diet, I personally believe that there are wonderful benefits to water-fasting.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.