Old 02-04-2017, 09:06 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a name known to alljfh is a name known to alljfh is a name known to alljfh is a name known to alljfh is a name known to alljfh is a name known to all
Default 5 healing teas

Since ancient times, teas have been revered for their healing properties. And modern studies have shown that tea is an excellent way to keep the doctor away. Here’s our top five list of elixir teas for a stronger immune system, for healthy organ function, and overall health and wellness.

1. Green Tea

Green tea has long been a staple in Indian and Chinese diets – and for good reason. It is an excellent source of antioxidants, which helps to slow down aging and prevent your cells and DNA from fee radical-induced damage. It also helps to lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk for heart disease, protect against cancer, reduce inflammatory bowel disease symptoms, control blood sugar levels in diabetics, and reduce the risk for liver disease. As if all that weren’t enough, green tea also helps you lose weight by boosting your metabolism and increasing your body’s fat burning capabilities.

2. Dandelion Tea

Most of our diets do not include a steady intake of dandelion, which is a shame because dandelions are excellent for our health. Drinking dandelion tea is an easy way to get all of the health benefits that dandelion confers without having to actually eat the bitter tasting weed. Dandelion tea helps purify the blood, heal acne, relieve stomach upset, lower high blood pressure and improve bowel function. Dandelion tea also works as a mild detoxifier by helping to cleanse your liver and kidneys, and preliminary studies suggest that it may also help boost your immune system.

3. Ginseng Tea

Chinese healers have used ginseng for the promotion of good health for over 5,000 years. Today, ginseng is often prescribed by alternative practitioners as a general health tonic, to enhance longevity, to combat weakness, to boost the immune system and to balance hormones. In North America, it is well known for its ability to boost both mental and physical energy, and athletes often use it for added stamina. Despite its plethora of health benefits, you should be cautious of drinking it if you have high blood pressure, because a high consumption of ginseng can increase blood pressure.

4. Nettle Tea

Nettle tea is a natural diuretic, helping to reduce water retention. It helps to promote good health by reducing inflammation in the body, and it has been used for hundreds of years to treat eczema, acne, insect bites, gout, anemia and painful muscles and joints. Its ability to reduce inflammation also makes it useful for relieving painful symptom of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), arthritis, and osteoporosis. Nettle tea is also used for kidney and bladder problems and it may help prevent and treat urinary tract infections.

5. Ginger Tea

Ginger has amazing health properties, but due to its strong and unique flavor some people find it hard to incorporate into their daily diets. Ginger contains numerous antioxidants and phytochemicals, which are plant-based nutrients that have disease fighting properties. Ginger helps to reduce inflammation, promote digestion and cleanse the colon, making it excellent for all types of bowel disorders. It also helps to boost the immune system and is excellent for fighting off cold and flu. And the health benefits don’t stop there — ginger has also been found to protect against colon and ovarian cancer, reduce arthritis pain, and relieve nausea, dizziness and vomiting.

https://www.undergroundhealth.com/to...-boost-health/

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 03-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

I would put chaga tea at the top of the list. No other tea even comes close to the health benefit of chaga.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Reader

larryz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballdoctor View Post
I would put chaga tea at the top of the list. No other tea even comes close to the health benefit of chaga.
Can you recommend a good chaga tea? Preferably loose? Thanks!

I am an advocate for yerba mate. Actually it is soooo good I have to restrict it to 1-2 times a week. Otherwise I'd be bathing in it..
Old 04-08-2017, 03:35 AM
Observer

Nityasharma941 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your post its very nice information
Old 04-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Observer

TamTam is on a distinguished road

I drink dandelion tea every day - I really love the taste and think it's so healing.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Observer

galfox is on a distinguished road

It is almost nettle collecting time here and I am eager to restock.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Observer

Louis Adams is on a distinguished road

how about green tea?
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.