Old 10-11-2018, 03:04 PM
Reader

uniden is on a distinguished road
Default The Daniel Fast/Diet

I think I want to go on this lifestyle. It comprises eating only fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes and whole grains, and drinking only water.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:45 AM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

Vegan diets sound great but without supplements very dangerous. Check the web and see how many people left the vegan diet for health reasons. Why is the word die in diet
Old 11-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Vegans generally have a lower lifespan than non-vegans. You can't get essential omega-3s without fish, and unless you are eating lots and lots and lots of nuts you will be deficient on healthy fats. Also that lack of B-12 can cause depression, anxiety, and even mental problems. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...egan-diet.html
Old 11-04-2018, 02:14 PM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Why is the word die in diet
I do not know why. But I can see where you are coming from. Nonetheless, I should have put "Lifestyle" after "Daniel".
Old 11-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniden View Post
I do not know why. But I can see where you are coming from. Nonetheless, I should have put "Lifestyle" after "Daniel".
Perhaps the reason why "Die" is in the word "Diet" is because people who go on diets are trying to lose weight. As such, as they lose the weight, cells in the body die and are expelled from the body. That is why "die" is in the word "diet".
Old 11-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

For thousands of years the obesity did not exist. Then came along the suggested diet from the USDA in 1960 the percentage of over weight was 15% at 2010 it is 35% and going even higher. There was your first diets how is it working out
Old 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
For thousands of years the obesity did not exist. Then came along the suggested diet from the USDA in 1960 the percentage of over weight was 15% at 2010 it is 35% and going even higher. There was your first diets how is it working out
I was not disagreeing with you. I do agree that the word "diet" should not be used. "Lifestyle" is the real word one should be looking for, with regards to improving one's health.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Reader

I see where I am going wrong. I have been using the word "diet" in titles for threads that I start. I have also not been taking action and following through with my goals. I think I have some inner conflicts that I need to address. I also think my inner conflicts are unconscious. I just need to figure out what exactly my inner conflicts are, on a conscious level. That way, I will be able to eliminate them and start moving forward.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Reader

I've gone on this lifestyle before, and saw positive results. But I had no support from anyone while I was on this lifestyle. It's a shame that, for the most part, no one really noticed my improvements. I had an uncle come up to me while I was about 2 to 3 months into this lifestyle. He asked me if I was feeling good on my "diet". I said "Hmm...wait...yeah, I feel good." I smiled as I said it, and I thought out loud when I responded to him. He then said, "What is your diet?" As he said that, he looked sincere and had a facial expression that said, "I want to feel good too!" I then told him what lifestyle I was on: the Daniel Lifestyle, after the prophet Daniel in the book of Daniel in the Old Testament of the Bible. It is basically a lifestyle that involves eating only foods grown from seed. That is the lifestyle I was on back then. But it's been years and years since I last lived that way. And when I was on that lifestyle, it lasted a little over sixteen months. I should also add that there was about a three week period of time when I added plain cooked chicken to this lifestyle of mine. Given the duration of time I stayed on this lifestyle, it wasn't really a lifestyle, I know. But it was at least a good start. I will take sixteen months of eating that way over zero months of eating healthy, any day.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Reader

Actually, I left something out. While I was on the Daniel Lifestyle, I also ate ground flaxseeds. So I wasn't really following the Daniel Lifestyle one hundred percent, because I am sure seeds themselves are not included for eating. Foods grown from seeds are allowed, but not the seeds themselves. Now nuts are different, as they are both seed and food grown from seed. So they are allowed on the Daniel Lifestyle...
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.