Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

Old 03-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Observer

whetstone is on a distinguished road
Default Scientists Find 'Baffling' Link between Autism and Vinyl Flooring

According to research by Swedish and U.S. scientists published this past Monday. Children who live in homes with vinyl floors, which can emit chemicals called phthalates are more likely to have autism.

Scientists Find 'Baffling' Link between Autism and Vinyl Flooring: Scientific American

Old 04-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

So if this were true we would see a major increase in the use of this chemical in flooring starting around the early 90's when autism started to really rage?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Observer

whetstone is on a distinguished road

For years we have been told by the medical establishment that autism is primarily due to genetic weaknesses/tendencies.

But to me, this study indicates that autism is not just due to genetics but rather it may be due to exposure to environmental toxins.

Personally, I believe that this sharp rise in autism is mostly due to exposure to environmental toxins and or pathogens such as Mercury, Aluminum, Pthathlates, Lyme Disease, chronic viruses etc..
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

I think that vaccinations have a lot to do with it. You assault a young child with 15 or more vaccines before its immune system is fully developed anything goes. Throw into the mix other chemicals in the environment and food, drugs they may be taking and its a disaster waiting to happen.

I think Autism is the result of the immune system getting totally screwed. As always known, boys are the weaker sex, hence more cases amongst males.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Lovin' life~

Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

I'm trying to remember, didn't housing became more air-tight during the middle/late 80s?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Observer

Mossereath is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Mossereath

Thanks for the link. I know there is a lot of research done with regards to vaccines but this is the first time I've heard of a household chemical. Perhaps we were never meant to live in plastic houses.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.